200,000+ Ready-Made Templates
to Get Your Work Done Faster & Smarter
Besides the cold winter breeze, giving gifts and exchanging cards are among the things that let you feel the Christmas spirit. It is customary to give gifts in any form such as material things, gift cards, travel tickets, and of course, greeting cards and thank-you cards. Even a simple bright smile and warm hugs would do.
Haven’t decided yet on what to give to your families and friends? Right now, you might be contemplating what to give to your loved ones. You may be thinking what to give as a form of thank-you for the different impact they have on your life. Well, this is not something that you should worry about. You can give a Christmas thank-you card to express your gratitude to those people who are dear to you.
Similar to any other thank-you cards, a Christmas thank-you card is comprised of elements important not only for visual presentation but also for maximum functionality. Here are the elements that must be present in your Christmas thank-you card.
1. Front cover: The front cover sets the whole mood of your card. The first thing where your recipient would draw their first impression is through the front cover. It can be purely photos, purely texts, or a combination of both and other designs and embellishments. The design must be related to Christmas, of course, since the card you are creating is purposefully designed for the Christmas season.
2. Inside content: The inside content may differ depending on whether you are buying a ready-made card or you are creating your own. For ready-made wedding cards, this portion is usually left blank in order for the sender to write his or her main message. Additionally, you may opt to include photos and design to enhance the layout of the card. If you are creating your own, you can freely add embellishments even on this section of your card.
3. Additional inside-panel: This portion can be used if you want to have more space for an additional message or if your thank-you message is just too long that you want an extension in the form of a panel. Additionally, this may also be helpful in case you want to add photos. Note that this is not limited to photos; you can also include enhancements such as stickers, buttons, ribbons, glitters, etc.
4. Additional inside-pages: When a panel does not suffice, there are some cards that provide additional inside pages. This can be used if you are the person who writes lengthy messages especially when you are sincerely giving thanks to your recipient. Similarly, these pages can also be used to contain additional photos. Some additional inside pages are deliberately created smaller than the back and front cover.
5. Back cover: The back cover of a thank-you card may be left blank or may be customized to include your name, date, and personal stamp or logo. Meanwhile, for ready-made cards, the contents of the back cover may include the company name manufacturing the card, logo design, copyright, serial code, and contact information.
Sending a greeting card as a Christmas gift or as a form of gratitude already means a lot to the recipient. How much more creating them yourself? Creating a Christmas thank-you card is not really that difficult especially when you are using templates. Thank-you card templates alongside creativity would certainly produce a perfect Christmas gift for your families and friends. Here are some simple steps that you can follow.
1. Choose a Christmas thank-you card template: There are great deals of Christmas thank-you card templates that you can find on the internet such as those presented above. Carefully choose a template that you think is the best style and layout for your card. You may consider choosing one that features Christmas designs and colors in order to make an ideal Christmas card.
2. Decide on the fonts: You are free to choose any font of your choice as long as the text can still be easily read. Take into consideration the legibility of your font type when the size is decreased. There are some fonts that tend to overlap each other when the font size is reduced. Among the commonly used fonts in design are sans and serif fonts because they are not only easily readable but also formal and elegant.
3. Decide on the colors: Since you have already chosen a template for your Christmas thank-you card, the colors of your other designs must complement well with the layout of the template. There are also some templates where you can change the color of the design on the template according to your preference. Note that you must only use at most three colors in order to create a harmony in your overall design. You can play with its shades, tints, and use for different variations.
4. Be consistent in your design: When you are designing first on the front cover of your card, you may copy the same design, or make some little alterations but still retaining the main features of your design, to your inside panels and pages up to your back cover. This does not necessarily mean that your design must be uniform all throughout the pages; instead, this proposes to have designs related and in harmony with each other. You may also see greeting cards.
5. Work on your main content: After working on the design, part on creating a well-crafted card is writing the main content, your thank-you message, of your card. How will you start? There are a lot of ways on how to start your content. A simple way is to greet them a “Merry Christmas.” You can then continue the message stating how grateful you are for having them as part of your life, and you can enumerate the specific moments when you are extremely grateful for what they have done for you. Once you are done with your lengthy message (you may prefer a short one but there are a lot of reasons to thank someone), close the letter with a proper letter closing such as “Respectfully yours” or “With love” for casual messages.
6. Proofread and seal: Do not forget to proofread your letter before sealing it inside an envelope. Although you might not be sending a formal business letter, it is important that you check your message for typographical and grammatical errors as well as for correct punctuation because there are times when a single punctuation can change the whole meaning of a sentence. So, this is something that you must take heed. Finally, when you are done checking and finalizing your card, seal it inside an envelope with a size a little larger than the card.
There are a lot of people whom you interacted with in your entire life. Some of these people can be easily approached or chat with on a casual basis while there are those that require formality for some reasons like they are your mentors, counselors, or employers. For this reason, Christmas thank-you cards are divided into three types according to their functions: informal stationery, formal stationery, and multi-use stationery.
Just like any creative greeting cards, a Christmas thank-you card comes in different sizes. When choosing for the size of your card, one thing that must be taken into consideration is the amount of text, the length of your message, that you would write in your card. For lengthy messages, you can use large thank-you cards. On the other hand, for direct and concise messages, a small one would suffice. Here is a brief guide to thank-you card sizes:
The ideal envelope size is at least 0.25 inches larger than your card so your card would perfectly fit into the envelope. Your envelope size will depend on the size of the card. Here are some commonly available sizes of envelopes for your different types of cards:
What are other ways to say thank you?
Plainly saying thank you might be enough to express your gratitude; however, it may seem repetitive and boring that other people may overlook your words of thanks because it is too common. There are other ways to say thank you and that include the following: