Being a manager is not everyone’s skill. Some are good at only following orders and are afraid to handle leadership tasks. Probably because of one’s background in the family, being the youngest or for what ever reason, but there are occasions when you get the job as a leader, as a manager, as a supervisor, or any job that has something to do with managing other peers. And it may sound shocking to you. And no matter how hard you research on management skills improvement, the job is just too unforgiving for you. Do not panic yet. There is job called management consultation. And you could be the right person that will rightly benefit such job. So what does a management consultant do?
To understand more, let us dissect each of the major words accordingly: management, consultation, business plan.Management is the process of dealing, handling, and or controlling things or people. So for example, you have a team of 5 persons in your company. And you as the manager will make sure that everything is handled properly, that all things are well taken care of, and tasks are properly distributed.You may also see management consulting business plan examples.
Consultation is the act in which someone goes to another person to seek advice. For example, a child goes to his father to seek advice whether he should go to school or not because he is sick. The father may give him options. Show him the disadvantages and disadvantages of either going to school and not going to school. But he will not decide for the child.You may also see business consulting business plan examples.
Business plan is the method in which one manages his techniques, strategies to execute his business in a documentation. It is a way of organizing strategies to achieve sales. For example, when selling beverages, your main task, regardless whether you have a business plan or not, is to sell beverages. If you have a business plan, you will write down what you will do to make some sales, and how sales are made, how you reach to your customers, and everything.You may also see engineering consulting business plan examples.
To understand what a good management is, let us review some literature and theories regarding management.
The earliest proponent of management was Frederick Winslow. Frederick was not a manager; in fact, he was an engineer, a mechanical engineer. His book, The Principles of Scientific Management, was published in 1909. In his book, he proposes the simplification of job which, he believes, will improve productivity. In the early 20th century, the practice in the industry in many companies was that of dictatorship. The managers gives the employees the job to do, and that was it. There was no need for the managers to be in contact with the employees. This led to unproductive workers.You may also see financial consulting business plan examples
1. The use of scientific methods. This means looking for the most possible efficient way to perform and complete a task.
2. Monitoring of employees. By monitoring the employees, the manager is able to determine which one is doing well and which one is not. And when a particular employee is not doing well, he will be offered guidance as long as it is needed.You may also see restaurant consulting business plan examples
3. Correct assignment of a task. This means an employee should not be given a task that is not fitting for him. For example, a gardener should not be given the task to build a building. This also requires coaching them.
4. Focus on planning and professional improvement on the side of the management. The employees, on the other hand, must focus on the task assigned to them.You may also see business plan examples.
And those are the core of Frederick Winslow’s management. Another one is from Max Weber. Weber’s notion of management follows the same as Winslow’s except for some; he added an emphasis on emotion. His theories are as follows:
The other proponent is Elton Mayo. Elton added, relationship and teamwork is very essential and effective in every workplace. It is good that an industry will have the correct people doing jobs fitting for them, but it is important that they should work as a team.You may also see security consulting business plan examples
Ludwig von Bertelanffy made emphasis on the holistic process of management. He patterns his concepts and theory from a biological standpoint of view. A body functions well because each part functions well. Each part of the body will be the sum of all the work. If one part is not functioning well, the whole body will not be efficient.You may also see strategic plan examples.
1. Theory X puts emphasis on authoritarianism. This is the negative approach to management. Such kind of management assumes that employees are not motivated to work, unless when pushed. And there is too much power involved in the manager in the control of the work. This includes the incentives in which employees must work hard to get a quota.You may also see management plan examples.
2. Theory Y puts emphasis on teamwork. It follows Elton Mayo’s studies. This is management seen in a positive approach.
Douglas purports that Theory Y is the better choice of the two. Although, authoritarianism still exists today.You may also see business proposal examples.
1. To always look for the most efficient ways of performing a task. There is no perfect way of doing a job. But there are always ways to make everything efficient in completing a task.You may also see lawn care business plan examples.
2. Emphasis on teamwork. All members cooperate the way human parts in the body would.
3. Specialized skills. Any specific task should be given to an employee fitting to execute the said task.
We have covered and investigated thoroughly the dynamics of a good management. Let us look deeper into the core of consultation. We have made mention that consultation is the process in which one person comes to another to seek advice. Applying all those approaches mentioned above, one can guarantee an efficient and effective business plan.You may also see tutoring business plan examples
But every individual, every company has its own characteristics and hence requires a different approach. This is solved by asking, what are the problems that the individual or the company is facing? When you go to a consultant, you should at least have some ideas on the issue you want to resolve.You may also see hotel operational business plan examples.
1. Identify the issues. Issues could be your relationship with your peers. It could be a seniority issue. It could be a gender issue. It could be the tasking. It could be anything work related.You may also see restaurant project plan examples
2. Understand everyone’s interests. Is there something in your workplace that only favors one and not the others?
3. List the possible solutions (options). You have sensed the problems. You must have some initial ideas as to how it could be solved. But always remember, there are still others in your team who could give another opinion, answer, or solution. You may also see accounting firm marketing plan examples
4. Evaluate the options. From the many solutions being offered, from the manager, from the employees, from anyone, make sure to weigh each of them. Which one is efficient? Which one is practical? Which one favors the many? And which one is ethical?
5. Select an option or options. Among the many options, choose one that you think is right, perfect, proper. Something that favors the many, i. e., for the good of the company and for each of the members.You may also see food catering business plan examples
6. Document the agreement(s). The documentation should have happened right from the start and not just in the agreement. The drafting of the problems should have been documented in the first place.
7. Agree on contingencies, monitoring, and evaluation. So now you have made half of the solution by drafting, laying down what to do in a document. Documentation is important not only for recording purposes but also for using as reference upon which you and your team will base their evaluation.You may also see restaurant operational plan examples
Basically, that is all you need to make a good business plan on management. Always making sure it has observed the concepts of a good management. Although there is not one model of a good management, but if you consider all of them, you can see a distinguishing characteristic that is common to all of them. You can put that in keywords: efficiency, teamwork, and fit task. When looking for a management consultant, one should initially draft the underlying problems. This is to give the consultant an idea of what you are after, at least initially.You may also see compliance strategic plan examples
You may skip a consultant, you may skip seeking advice from a consultant. But bear in mind this is their expertise. And you really want a second opinion, not just your own. Also, you want a third party to stand between you and the rest of the team. But these are just some of many tips. If you can do it on your own, fine, but as always, two heads are better than one.You may also see social media business plan examples
Always remember, management consultants help your business, whatever type of business, maximize its strengths, improve performance by being critical in how it is being run and operated. They do this by solving problems, as well as finding better ways of executing things. They always look for new approaches. The best thing they can do is help you find ways in making your company cost efficient without compromising quality. If you need a doctor for you health, if you need a mechanic for your car, an adviser for your spiritual life, the same thing goes to business.You may also see transition plan examples
A business needs to be updated in order to be competitive against any other business. If you do it yourself, chances are you can only see what is within you, your company. But you are aware that the real competition is outside the walls. And you need an outsider to give you that perspective. You need someone from the outside. Someone that can give you fresh ideas. Someone that the rest of your family operating the business would look up to.You may also see real estate investor marketing plan examples