20+ Gift Voucher Examples, Templates & Design Ideas
A voucher is a very effective marketing tool that is used by large corporations as well as small and medium enterprises. Vouchers have been around for quite some time now and continue to be the priority marketing and advertising tool used by companies.
In this article, we will specifically be discussing gift vouchers. We have provided some examples that you can download and edit when you will be creating your own gift voucher. We also listed some tips on how to design a gift voucher and the steps in creating one. Check them out below!
Elements of a Good Gift Voucher
- Value or advantage: A good gift voucher will depend on its value or advantage for it to be effective. The value of the good gift voucher simply determines if the individual will use it or no. The individual or customer will simply not use the voucher if the value is very little (i.e. used things, low-quality items).
- Expiry date: Every advertising and promotion tool has an expiration date. You may have noticed the phrase “Promo is from xx to xx only,” and it applies directly here. This is because it is very expensive for a company or business organization to sponsor a year-round promotion. Companies will go bankrupt if that’s the case.
- Conditions: Rules and regulations should apply to gift vouchers as well. Companies don’t want customers to simply use a voucher without any limitations. Again, this will be very costly for the company and numerous issues will arise in regards to capital and budget management.
10+ Gift Voucher Examples
Free Photography Gift Voucher Template
Free Hotel Gift Voucher Sample
Massage Gift Voucher Design
Holiday Gift Voucher Template
Christmas Gift Voucher Sample
Cafe Voucher Design
Business Gift Voucher Sample
Birthday Gift Voucher Template
Elegant Gift Voucher Template
Babysitting Gift Voucher Design
Anniversary Gift Voucher Sample
10+ Popular Gift Voucher Examples
Wendy’s Gift Voucher
Texas Chicken Malaysia Gift Voucher
Basil Manning Active Fishing Gear Gift Voucher
Beverley Holidays Gift Voucher
Borenos Fried Chicken Gift Voucher
Golden Nugget Bakery Gift Voucher
The Laundry Gallery Gift Voucher
Marry Brown Gift Voucher
Metropolitan Bakery Gift Voucher
Nola Laundry Services Gift Voucher
Steps to Designing a Good Gift Voucher
1. Select a theme or concept
You don’t immediately create a gift voucher without creating a plan on what you want to do. You first need to have a blueprint by selecting a theme or concept so that you can be guided when you will finally be creating your gift voucher.
2. Decide on what colors to use
Colors are crucial in a gift voucher. Choose colors that are not bland, colors which are too bright, nor colors which are too dark. Use color combinations to make your gift voucher attractive.
3. Decide on the graphics or pictures
Colors are not enough to make a gift voucher attractive. You need to insert graphics or pictures to make the gift voucher more attractive and visually appealing. Use graphics or pictures that are related to the gift voucher you are creating.
4. Decide on the typography
Typography pertains to how one writes the text in any design. Basically, typography is the font and font size. Decide on the typography you want to use for your gift voucher. Make sure that the typography that you choose should match the theme of the gift voucher.
5. Edit and revise (if necessary)
Before printing the gift voucher, edit and revise the voucher to check if there are any typographical or design errors.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Gift Voucher Layout
Use gift-related images
Since you are creating a gift voucher layout, use images which are related to gifts and gift boxes. This will definitely bring excitement to the individual who will use the voucher.
Use bright colors
Bright colors exude energy and fun. That is the reason why you should use bright colors for your gift voucher. Additionally, use color combinations to make the design more attractive (i.e. sky blue/yellow, pink/sky blue, light green/yellow, etc.).
Make the text readable
Text is very important in a gift voucher. Make sure the text is readable since it presents a promotion or the item that the user will be retrieving. The text should complement with the colors and the images that are also incorporated in the gift voucher.
Types of Gift Vouchers
Holiday gift voucher
Holiday gift vouchers are usually handed out during special holidays such as Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.
Wedding gift voucher
Wedding gift vouchers are specifically given during weddings, specifically to the bride and groom in celebration of their wedding day.
Birthday gift voucher
Birthday gift vouchers are specifically given to persons celebrating their birthdays.
Graduation gift voucher
Graduation gift vouchers are specifically given to students who graduated and obtained a grades school, high school, college, and/or postgraduate degree.
Employee gift voucher
Employee gift vouchers are given to employees who are productive in the workplace. Other times, employee gift vouchers are given to business professionals who have been promoted to a new position or department.
Gift Voucher Sizes
- 7″ × 3″ gift vouchers – This is a standard gift voucher size which is used by most stores.
- 8.3″ × 3.4″ gift vouchers – This is a slightly bigger version of the previous gift voucher.
- 8.5″ × 3.5″ gift vouchers – This gift voucher size is quite large, and is mostly used for persons or individuals who obtained a gift with a big value.
- 3 3/8″ × 2 1/8″ gift vouchers – The size of this gift voucher is different compared to the previous gift voucher sizes mostly due to its portrait orientation. This gift voucher size is also less used compared to the other sizes.
- 3.5″ × 2″ gift vouchers – This is the smallest gift voucher size out there. Minimal text and color is only applied in this voucher due to its very small size.
Gift Voucher FAQs
How can I make a gift voucher?
Follow these simple steps when creating a detailed and visually attractive gift voucher: (1) select a theme or concept, (2) decide on what colors to use, (3) decide on the graphics or pictures, (4) decide on the typography, and (5) edit and revise if necessary.
Remember when making a gift voucher, color combinations are more attractive than using colors in the same palette. Bright colors are also much more preferred compared to dark and dull colors. Additionally, use gift-related images and make the text readable when creating a gift voucher.
What type of paper is used for gift vouchers?
There are different paper types you can use for your gift voucher. Here are some suggestions that you can use for your own gift voucher:
- 120# (14 pt) Dull or Matte Cover. This paper creates crisp text and images, but also lets you easily write on the surface.
- 100# (14 pt) Uncoated Cover. This paper is also great for business cards and for certain demographics (attorneys, financial, other professional).
- 120# (14 pt) Gloss Cover. This paper works best if you’re using metallic inks or if you want the professional look and feel of a glossy paper.
- 160# (18 pt) Gloss Cover. This paper type is stiff and thicker than most paper types sold in the market. They are also used rarely.
What is a gift voucher used for?
A gift voucher is mostly used when an establishment (mostly a retail or wholesale stare) gives a promotion (in this case, free gifts) to both regular and new customers. The promotion is written in the gift voucher, in which the voucher is then used by the customer to claim or retrieve the said promotion. Gift vouchers are given by companies as part of their promotional activities.
Why is a gift voucher important?
A gift voucher is important because of two reasons: increased visibility and increased revenue or income. Gift vouchers function similarly to traditional marketing tools such as posters and tarpaulins and digital marketing tools such as social media. Similar to how the way these marketing tools work, gift vouchers increase the visibility of a business to multiple market segments and not just its target market. Due to increased visibility, businesses will now earn more and gain new customers and clients.
We hope you found this article to be informative as well as helpful when you will be creating your own gift voucher.