Because humans are social beings, a lot of people would like to be in the presence of other people especially with their friends and colleagues. Others would love to be in a crowd where the people are gathered for the same purpose. This is the reason why we can see a lot of parties anywhere for various occasions such as birthdays, graduation, and Christmas.
But, how will you let people know about your party? In order to disseminate the information about the party, aside from the party invitation that are sent personally to the recipient, a party flyer can surely help in informing the public about the details of the party. Check out this article for some examples and templates of a party flyer.
For a party flyer to be exceptional and eye-catching, here are the important elements that a party flyer must possess.
1. Title of the event: Yes, you might be sure that you are making a party flyer; however, you must clearly specify the kind of party that you are hosting as there are a lot of types of parties that your audience might be expecting. This would also give your guests a background on what will happen on the said event.
2. Date and time: Another important element that must be present in your event flyer is the date and time of the party. You must let your audience know about these information for them to prepare themselves before the coming of the day.
3. Venue: Mentioning the venue is also important so that people can book their rides beforehand so they can attend to your event. For those who are residing far from the specified venue, they can at least book their tickets ahead or look for cheaper alternatives in order to get to the place. Moreover, your venue would also give an impression to your visitors and guests.
4. Theme and costume: If the party that you will be hosting requires the guests to be in specific costume, then it must be clearly specified in your party flyer or else many will come under- or overdressed. This would also ignite the expectations of your guests on what will happen on your party.
5. Contact details: In order for the people to reach and communicate with you, a contact information must also be provided in your flyer. This may be your phone number, email address, website, social media account, or any contact details where the invitees can keep in touch with for any questions and clarifications.
6. Graphics: It is important to include graphics and photos in your flyer as this can not only add aesthetics to your flyer but also grab the interest of the viewers.
7. Other details about the party: Other details of the flyer might be included depending on the type of party that you are hosting. For example, in a graduation party, the name of the graduate/s may be specified.
There are a lot of applications and programs that you can use to create your party flyer, and we will be tackling on how to make a flyer using one of the most user-friendly program, the MS Word.
There are two ways in creating a party flyer in word: using Word template and using a blank Word document.
MS Word has various template designs available that you can choose for your flyer. In creating a flyer using a template, the steps are simply as follows:
1. Open Word.
2. Click “File” on the toolbar and choose “New from Template” from the drop-down options.
3. Open the Template options and choose “Flyers.”
4. Choose a design that suits the type of party that you will be hosting.
5. Edit the template and incorporate the important elements—title of the event, date and time, venue, theme and costume, contact details, graphics, and other important details.
6. Finally, save your document before exiting.
If you want to create a flyer from scraps without using a template, you can still customize your own template following these simple steps:
1. Open Word.
2. Click “File” on the toolbar and choose “New Blank Document” from the drop-down options.
3. Instead of opening the Template options when you want to use a template, here, you can directly add the necessary elements of a party flyer in your blank document.You may also see multipurpose flyers.
4. In order to add text to your document, click “Insert” on the toolbar and select “Text Box” from the drop-down list. Other options are to directly type the text on the paper and to use WordArt. Then, adjust the font type and font size.
5. Lastly, do not forget to save your file.
Apart from the invitations and posters, you also have to work on your flyer. Different flyers are created for different types of parties. Hence, there are a lot of party flyers you can create, and the most common types are as follows:
Here are the typical sizes of a party flyer:
Why are party flyers important?
Party flyers are important because they contain information regarding the party such as the date, time, location, and theme of the party. Moreover, they can be disseminated to the far reaches of the world, to where the intended audiences of the party are.
How can I make a party flyer?
There are a lot of programs and applications on the web that you can use to create your own party flyer. In this article, in the section “How to Create a Party Flyer Using Word,” the steps on how to make a flyer are discussed. It is really up to you on what programs you are comfortable with and you think is user-friendly for you. Alternatively, you can search for templates on the internet, such as the ones presented above.
What are the programs that I can use in creating a party flyer?
Apart from the MS Word that is discussed above, there are a lot of programs you can use to create your flyer, and the popular ones are Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Poster Maker, LucidPress, and GIMP.