An invitation will be used to invite friends and family to attend your actual graduation ceremony. You will need to include all of the appropriate information such as the date, time, and address of the event.
Since graduation from either college or high school is a major accomplishment, mark this memorable benchmark with a celebration worth remembering.
Here are some key elements your invitation should have:
1. Specific accomplishments: Graduation is the culmination of a number of other smaller accomplishments including extracurriculars, athletics, academics, achievements, and other items that are worth noting. Let recipients know what those accomplishments are by briefly mentioning them in the invitation.
2. The theme: If your invitation is to a graduation party that has a specific theme, then the wording you select should reflect that. Don’t be afraid to add some fun to your invitations, your recipients will surely appreciate it. Use appropriate graduation quotes to reflect the theme of your celebration.
3. Your audience: Although you will likely be sending invitations and announcements to a wide range of acquaintances, it’s important to keep your general audience in mind as you write. Here are some things to consider: relationship, the personal family situation, and your choice of language.
4. Invitation length: Graduation invitations should be brief and informative. Generally, this means a few lines of information, often presented as individual points (name of the graduate, date of graduation or party, location, etc). You’ll want the invitation to be easy to read and unique to you.
Here are some graduation invitation wording ideas and tips to help you get started:
1. Be conversational: Keep the focus on the excitement of the celebration by using causal wording in your invitations. How is this accomplished? Simple, just ask yourself how you would invite someone if you were speaking with them face-to-face.
2. Be brief: First and foremost, your invitation is designed to share pertinent information. So, keep it simple and share the most important details first.
3. Be visual. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so why not let your images do the talking? Using a photo graduation invitation can elevate your invite and warm the hearts of recipients who are proud of your journey.
Graduation is a special occasion worthy of spectacular design. Fortunately, you don’t have to be a graphic designer to create an amazing custom invitation. Here are four very easy steps you can follow to create an amazing custom invitation:
You can also upload photographs from your school for a personal touch. Celebrate your favorite college or high school memories by adding personal photos to your graduation invitation. You can upload as many of your own images as you like.
You can spread the word about your graduation right after you finish designing your invitation. Share your design straight to your social media accounts, or, for if you want to kick it old school, you can print your awesome graduation invitation in high resolution.
If you want to make your graduation invitation using Adobe Spark, below are five easy steps you can follow:
Thanks to comprehensive, easy-to-use design process and a range of graduation invitation templates, crafting a stunning graduation invitation couldn’t be easier.
The date is set and now you are tasked with spreading the word about your graduation. But what type of invitation will be most appropriate for the occasion? Take a look at the four types of invitations to help you decide.
1. Flat Invitations: These sleek, open-face invitations display information about your event at a glance, making them perfect to hang on a bulletin board or refrigerator. Designs in the invitation margins let the guests know if the party will be whimsical or elegant. Choose to coordinate the text font, color, or graphics with the event colors for a personalized touch.
These invitations are the best for casual weddings, save-the-date notices, and special events such as business grand openings, a child’s birthday, baby shower, or a potluck dinner party.
2. Send and Seal Fold-Up Invitations: If you love the idea of your guests unwrapping your invitations like a little present, a fold-up style works well. The all-in-one invitation (no envelope needed) has space for event details and a tear-off response card, keeping the reply process simple. Our patterned papers make it effortless to coordinate the invitation with a holiday or theme.
Try these invitations for events that require an RSVP such as a graduation party, employee appreciation dinner, wedding with reception, catered dinner party, or fundraising event.
3. Pocket Invitations: When you must impress, elegant pocket invitations complete with monogrammed seals, gate folds, and color coordinating ribbons will help you make a statement. These colorful, layered paper invites alert your guests to an upscale event and may or may not include a separate response card, depending on the RSVP method requested.
Choose these invitations for a formal wedding, rehearsal dinner party, bachelorette party, baby shower, awards ceremony, or milestone wedding anniversary celebration.
4. Folded Invitations: These classic invitations mirror a greeting card style, with a design, photograph, and custom wording on the front and details about the event printed inside. If you need to provide extensive information, such as directions to the venue, a menu, a poem, gift registry location list, or biography of the guest of honor, folded invitation allows ample room. You can easily tuck inserts inside the fold too!
Pick this style of invitation when honoring a special person, when you’d like to include extra information, or for a formal event where the invitation might become a keepsake, such as a wedding, milestone birthday, or adoption party.
Graduation is the completion of all degree requirements as recorded on the official transcript. Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates the completion of a degree. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not imply that you have officially graduated.
Kick off your entry into the real world with a festive graduation party. Design a graduation invitation now.