Imagine yourself inside a grocery store looking for a specific product you need at home. In searching for the product, you need to check the bottle label in order to know the details of the product. Labels do not only indicate the name and brand of a product but also provide information regarding its content.
Similarly, a beer bottle must have a label for brand awareness and product information. This will give the buyer the details about the beer and, at the same time, provide aesthetics on the beer bottle Label designs. Hence, when you are manufacturing a beer, it is important that you create labels for visual enhancement and functionality. Here are examples and templates of beer labels that you can refer to.
What comprises an excellent beer label? How will you create a complete and eye-catching label that is effective in marketing your product? Here are the important elements that must be present in a beer bottle. They are necessary not just for branding purposes but for product details as well:
1. Colors: In choosing for the color of your beer label, one of the considerations that you must know is the color of the beer bottle. Commonly, there are three colors of a beer bottle, namely clear, brown, and green.
2. Shape and size: Another important element of a beer label is the shape and size of your label. For the shape, you might opt for the traditional rectangular one or you may try something custom, perhaps a die cut, to make your label stand out from the rest of the beer labels. However, you must also consider the printing costs of the customized shape for your label. You might also be interested in wine labels.
3. Typography: Apart from the colors, the fonts that you use in your label can communicate a lot about the personality and branding of your beer. For example, serif and script fonts provide your beer label a more classic visual presentation while sans serif fonts provide a modern touch for your label. Another thing that you must consider in choosing for the appropriate font is the readability of your text.
4. Imagery: You can decide regarding the imagery of your beer label after you decide on the style. Usually, the style for a beer label is one prominent color, large name, and abstract designs. The style must be dictated by your target audience. For example, if your market are young customers, you might go with a label that is a bit trippy. On the other hand, if you are targeting a classier market, a minimalist label would do. Incorporate the unique aspects of your product such as specific ingredients, particular brewing technique in crafting your beer, among others.
5. Striking words: If you want to boost your marketing, know that there are certain keywords that would make your beer label stand out from the rest. These words, when incorporated with your beer label, can surely attract the audience and ignite their interest. Among the common beer keywords that you can use are as follows:
6. Fine print: This pertains to the product information that must be included in your beer label not only for providing information to the customers but also for legal purposes. The required information are as follows:
7. Adhesives: The adhesive of a bottle label may not have an impact on the looks of your bottle design but it is a crucial element that must not be overlooked as it helps your label not to fall off the bottle.
You know your beer is a lot better than its brand, but you just can’t clearly express it. It is quite a tough job convincing people to try your beer. In order to do so, you need a strong and powerful product label. A label is more than just a name of the product. It even encompasses branding and important details regarding the content of the brand.
So, how then will you create a striking beer label? Here is a simple guide and tips that might help you.
1. Determine the personality of the brand of your beer: The first important thing in beer labeling is knowing and understanding the personality of your brand. This means that you must know where your product stands from a branding perspective. The key questions that you can ask yourself in order to determine the personality of your beer are the following:
2. Take heed on the elements of a beer label: The elements of a beer label are presented in the previous section. To reiterate, these are as follows: colors, shape and size, typography, imagery, striking words, fine print, and adhesives. These are the important elements that comprise and must be present in a beer label. These do not only contribute to the visual appeal of the beer bottle but also provide important details about the beer.
3. Think outside the bottle: While you are busy designing your bottle label, you must also consider the consistency of the design for your label and the overall packaging of your beer. Do not forget the design and the material for the bottle caps and the design for the beer tap hap handle.
3. Choose the right paper: Before printing your label design, it is important that you choose the appropriate paper for your beer label. Among the commonly used paper in bottle labels are as follows:
Beer labels come in different sizes and shapes depending on the size of your bottle or the amount of information you need to put in the bottle label or the discretion of the beer manufacturer. There might be a lot of size options out there, but these are standard sizes of beer labels:
Generally, a label is vital in every product as labels contain the brand of the product, manufacturer, contents, health warning, and other disclosures and provide the bottle with special appeal making it attractive to customers especially the target market. Likewise, a beer bottle must contain a label to set its name distinct from the other brands and to provide customers with the necessary information about the beer. This is also a great way of boosting brand awareness to make the public get familiarized with your brand, which will let to increased brand credibility and integrity.
Before designing and printing your beer label, it is important that you know the measurement of your bottle so you will know the size of the label that you are going to create. There are three ways of measuring your beer bottle. These are applicable when you opt for labels that fully wrap around the bottle. However, you may also opt for labels that are only placed on a certain portion, not fully enveloping the beer bottle.
The first thing that would catch buyers’ attention is the design of your label. People can also form their first impression as regards your beer through your beer label. Sometimes, they will even judge your beer by its label. The more attractive your label is, the more it is remarkable and noteworthy, which will maximize your branding. People will easily remember a well-designed label than those poorly designed ones.