200,000+ Ready-Made Templates
to Get Your Work Done Faster & Smarter
A lot of people are anticipating the coming of the new year for it is not only the time when you renew your New Year’s resolution but also the time when families get together and lots of celebrations and activities are being held in downtown areas and public places. Truly, it is a time of fun, food, fellowship, and gift-giving.
While most people celebrate New Year with their families and friends, some do not have the time to spare due to some reasons like work. In order to extend their greetings to their loved ones, a new year card designs can surely do the part. Cards are preferred by many because they can be customized and their message can be personalized by the sender.
Although cards come in different variations, the following are the important elements that must be present. These elements comprise a complete greeting card. There are also optional elements where the decision whether to incorporate them or not depends on the creator of the card. But just so you know, all these elements provide not just aesthetics to the card but maximum functionality as well.
1. Front cover: The front cover of a New Year card can be a photo, text, or a combination of both. It is important that you take time in creating the front cover because it is what initially grabs the attention of the reader and sets the mood as well.
2. Inside elements: Most of the commercially available cards are intentionally left blank inside in order for the sender to write his or her personal message. There are also some ready-made cards where poems, quotes, jokes, or Bible verses are printed on a small portion of the inside of the card.
3. Back cover: Typically, the back cover of the card features the name of the company producing the card as well as its logo design, copyright, and contact details. For DYI greeting cards, you can include your name as well as your personal logo or stamp. You may also opt to leave it blank.
4. Optional parts: Other elements are incorporated in a card making it more artsy and visually pleasing. The following are the typical optional parts that you can find in a greeting card. You might want to incorporate them in your card as well.
Everyone can make their own creative greeting card easily through the use of greeting card templates. There are a lot of card templates with various designs and styles that you can find on the internet such as those displayed above. There are those that you can use for free while there are also those that require you to purchase the design. Whatever design you are going to choose, make sure that you made the right decision and that your card is the most suitable for your recipient.
Here are some simple steps that you can follow in creating a New Year card using a template:
1. Choose a template: When choosing a New Year card template, consider the mood and personality of the card that you would like to accomplish. You may also decide whether to make your card casual or formal depending on your recipient. Choose the appropriate layout and designs that will complement well with your card style.
2. Decide on the colors: For the color of your card, it is better to choose those that feature certain color motif, only displaying two to three colors to avoid clutter. Choose colors that harmonize with each other, and choose one color as the main theme to have a focus.
3. Choose appropriate fonts: The fonts on your matter would really create an impact in setting the mood of the reader. Sans and sans serif fonts are the typical font options in card making. It may be fine to use other fonts such as cursive fonts, but you must also consider the legibility of your message. See to it that your text can still be easily readable even if you decrease the font size. You may also see vintage greeting cards.
4. Have a consistency in your design: Having a consistency in your design does not necessarily mean that your design must be the same throughout your card. This only means that your design must complement well with each other, especially the color combinations. The design in your front cover must be related to your back cover as well as in any areas of your card. This will make your card organized and intact.
5. Write your message: Express yourself and pour out your thoughts through your message. Wish your recipients well in his or her endeavors for the next year. You may also express your gratitude, thanking your recipient for what he or she has done to help you throughout the year.
6. Finalize and seal inside an envelope: Lastly, finalize your card as well as your message, check for any incorrect spelling and grammar, and seal your card inside an envelope.
We meet a lot of people in our lives, each with different roles that create various impacts that help in shaping our attitude. We may treat these people different from each other—we treated some formally while others casually—but they all matter to us. Hence, when we send them greeting cards, we must first know which type of card is suitable for them: informal, formal, or multi-use cards.
New Year cards, just like any other greeting cards, come in different sizes. In choosing for the perfect size for your card, you may consider the amount of text that you probably write in your message. A lengthy message requires large space, or maybe additional panels or pages, while a short message requires only a small card. So, it is important that you decide first on what to write and design before you choose the size of your card.
Here are some of the common card dimensions that you commonly encounter.
Got relevant questions about New Year cards? Below are some answers to people’s commonly asked questions.
A New Year card serves as a way for the sender to communicate his or her thoughts towards the recipient. The sender can express his or her gratitude to the receiver or wish the receiver well for the upcoming year. For informal New Year cards, the sender can write the message casually, like asking or giving updates about the happenings of their lives. You may also see christmas card examples.
What to write in a New Year card?
Here are some commonly used phrases in a New Year card.
For informal cards, you may write the following:
On the other hand, for formal cards, you can use the following phrases:
Some people get confused on when to use “New Year” and “new year.” Well, this is not as difficult as you think. When you are referring to the next year to come, you must write “new year.” You will use this when you are pertaining to the year itself or to the upcoming year. For example, “We decided to have a team lunch since it’s a new year.” On the other hand, when you are referring to the holiday, you must capitalize the first letter of each word such as “New Year.” Just like when you are greeting a person, you will write “Happy New Year, ” capitalizing all initial letters.