Who doesn’t want a good sale or deal? Consumers usually prefer to buy products and try services when they are on sale. With this in mind, business establishments take advantage of consumers’ preference to boost their profit and revenue. Businesses usually use marketing and promotional methods to announce their sale promos and deals. One of the commonly used promotional tool is a big sale flyer.
A sale flyer will inform consumer about a business’s sale promo. It also informs consumers when it’s going to be, where or what branch it will be, what specific items or services will be on sale, how much total percentage is the discount, and so on. It is important to let target consumers and more know that there will be a big sale if businesses want their sale to generate income. A flyer is the perfect tool to use since it can be personally handed to each consumer; thus, giving the business higher consumer turnout probabilities.
A good big sale flyer will not only inform consumers but also entice them to head out and purchase from the business establishment. It is important to know what you should include in the flyer so that you can achieve the high turnout and profit. Hence, listed below are the essential elements you should include in a big sale flyer:
1. Enticing headline: The first thing your reader will want to know is what the flyer is all about. Thus, it is really important to ensure your headline it bold and clear on the top and center of your banner. Most consumers prefer that you explicitly mention the sale in your flyer. It’s also better to include the percentage of your sale on your headline; for example: SUPER SUMMER SALE, BIG SALE UP TO 75% OFF, BIGGEST SALE OF THE SEASON, etc.
2. Accurate graphics: Big sales are commonly done each season that is why flyers must have illustrations or images that are in line with the season like beach and coconut tree images for summer, snowflakes and Christmas tree images for Christmas, etc. In some cases, it is also better to include images for the items and services will be on sale. For example, when the focus of your sale is for kitchenware, use images that relate to kitchenware in order to send a clear message.
3. Organized design and text goals: The contents of a flyer, both design and text, should be planned according to AIDA which stands for Attention, Interest, Design, and Action. This means that when you conceptualize for your design as well as the message you have to prioritize getting your audience’s attention, create interest, create a desire for the products/services, and encourage a positive action toward your main goal/purpose.
4. Motivating message: Focusing on the text element of your flyer, you should have a motivating message for your readers. You should provide a statement that will excite and motivate your reader to go to your business establishment and purchase. Including statements such as “buy now,” “come in,” etc. subtly directs the reader on how to respond and act to your sale flyer.
5. Popping colors: It is a proven fact that colors attract people more than words; thus, it is essential to incorporate a pop of color in your flyer. Your flyer should be able to visibly capture your target’s attention with a popping color. However, this doesn’t mean you combine three or more colors in your flyer because that can be a mess to look at. You should include one or two colors that complement instead of contrast each other.
6. Clean final layout: The final layout of your flyer must be clean and neat. Readers usually ignore reading materials that are messy at first glance. Thus, it is important that you maintain consistency with your font style and size, colors, and graphics. Make sure each component of the flyer complements each other well to avoid having a cluttered final layout for your flyer.
Although newsletters and posters are also good marketing or promotional tools to use, a flyer ensures that your target consumers can have an individual physical copy of your upcoming sale. A flyer ensures that you can hand out sheets containing relevant information about the sale. To help make sure you can have an effective flyer, here is an easy guide on how you can create an effective big sale flyer:
1. Determine your primary goal/purpose: Since you are creating a flyer about a big sale your business is about to launch, your main goal is basically to inform your target customers. In this sense, you have to determine your exact goal with your information drive, i.e. number of people you want to reach. This will allow you to think about certain aspects that can help you reach your goal, like consider design elements to make it easier for the elderly to read and understand. Establishing a goal/purpose will help you plan out and outline your big sale flyer.
2. Conceptualize your design: Now that you have determined the goal or purpose that you want to achieve with your flyer you can proceed to brainstorming the design of your flyer. Make sure that when you start conceptualizing your design that you consider aspects such as overall color, space, unity, consistency, and so on. You have to make sure the appearance of your flyer is organized and clean, make sure your design elements can breathe. Remember to come up with a design that is in line with your purpose and is easy to look at.
3. Incorporate essential elements: When you come up with the design of your flyer, make sure that you incorporate the essential elements. As stated above, the elements for a big sale flyer will help you convey your message effective and will help you achieve your goal/purpose. In addition, you can also incorporate essential design elements to ensure your overall design and layout for the flyer is of good quality and flawless. Remember that you should be able to produce a good quality, effective flyer; thus, incorporating the essential elements is important. Check out some promotional flyer examples.
4. Layout flyer design: Once you have your design and have successfully incorporated the elements, you can proceed to layout your final design. When laying out your design, make sure to choose an application/software that will allow you to seamlessly stitch all the elements together into one. Make sure you choose high-definition image if you are going to use one for a good quality finish, adjust colors, font style and size, margins, etc. accordingly. It is always better to ask for other people’s opinion as you layout your design to make sure you make the right adjustments.
5. Check before printing: Before you send your design for printing, make sure you check if everything is okay. Make sure you check if you are using the right size, if you are setting the right color quality, and so on. It is very important to proofread the information you have included in the flyer, check if everything is aligned and centered, and edit the things you want to change accordingly.
Now that you have a basic idea on how you can create a flyer for your big sale, here are some additional tips in designing the flyer to help make sure you make an effective one:
A flyer can be in any shape and size, it all depends on your preference, what you think is the ideal size to fit all your contents. Here is a list of flyer sizes you can use for your big sale flyer:
Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions about big sale flyers:
It should include answers to the five Ws and one H questions. Provide information what the flyer is all about, where it is going to happen, when, a brief explanation why, and how customers can participate or how to get there. Aside from that, it should also include a bold and catchy headline.
Yes. However, if you want more versatility and flexibility when design and layouting your flyer, it is best to use more advanced photo editing apps/software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, Canva, Poster Maker, GIMP, QuarkXPress, LucidPress, Print Creations, and so on.