24+ New Year Flyer Examples, Templates & Design Ideas
A new year marks for a new beginning. This does not only apply to people and their personal new year’s resolutions but also to businesses as well. Profit-based businesses need to stay connected with their customers, more so during the holiday season. One of the best methods for them to establish continuing relations with their customers is to hand out flyers.
Handing out New Year flyers is not only beneficial to your regular or loyal customers but also to your potential customers (and guests if you are hosting a New Year event). In this article, we have provided New Year flyer examples and templates that you can download for free. We also listed down some tips that will definitely help when you will be creating your own New Year flyer. Read on below!
Elements of a New Year Flyer
Listed below are the elements of a New Year flyer. Make sure to include all the elements so that you can create an effective and visually appealing New Year flyer.
1. Purpose and goal: The purpose of the New Year flyer is to greet customers a happy new year as well as introduce to seasonal products and promotions that you will be giving out. Make sure those two goals are set when creating a New Year flyer so that you can maximize its effectiveness. It’s one thing to have a defined purpose, but having a specific goal as to what you want to accomplish with your flyer is sure to guide you throughout the design process.
2. Striking headline: Simply writing down a “Happy New Year!” is not enough for your flyer to be noticed. Write a striking headline so that your customers will not only be the ones taking notice of your flyer but your potential market as well. You can pair the headline with a traditional New Year greeting, or you can create your headline from scratch altogether. Thus, a compelling headline must be added to the flyer to get people to notice it. This is usually the first thing people grasp with their eyes, so make it count with an advertisement copy that’s hard to resist.
3. High quality graphics: The visual element of your New Year flyer is as important as the headline you wrote. High-quality graphics will not only make people curious about your flyer but also convinces them to purchase the product that is listed in the flyer. Additionally, if you want to make your flyer stand out, you need to choose the appropriate image and design elements.
4. Engaging message: This constitutes to both the call to action and unique selling proposition of your New Year flyer. Gaining everyone’s attention would be worthless without a clear message. As previously mentioned, you have two goals for your flyer: greet your customers and sell your products. Combine the two goals so that your customers will not only be informed of your promotions and discounts, but you also get the opportunity to welcome them in the new year.
5. Contact details: How do you expect customers and investors to reach you if you fail to give them a means of contact? Your contact information is an essential part of your flyer that should never be overlooked. In the flyer, include your mobile number as well as the landline number if you have one.
24+ New Year Flyer Templates
New Year Flyer Template
New Year Party Bash Flyer Template
New Year Party Event Flyer Template
Christmas & New Year Party Flyer Template
New Year Chalkboard Flyer Template
Christmas New Year Chalk Flyer Template
New Year Party Flyer Template
Available File Formats
Printable New Year Party Flyer
New Year Party Flyer Design
Chinese New Year Flyer Sample
Free New Year’s Eve Flyer Template
Elegant New Year Party Flyer Design
New Year DJ Flyer Sample
Free New Year Party Flyer Template
NYE Countdown Flyer Design
10+ New Year Flyer Examples
New Year Sale Flyer
Park Grill New Year Flyer
Lunar New Year Celebration
2016 New Year Party Flyer
Old School New Year Party Flyer
Chinese New Year Celebration Flyer
School Chinese New Year Flyer
2018 Chinese New Year Celebration Flyer
Year of the Dog CNY Celebration Flyer
Simple Tips in Creating an Excellent New Year Flyer Layout
- Focus on the benefits of your business offers: Remember that the New Year flyer does not only focus on greeting your customers a Happy New Year. The flyer acts as a dual purpose as you aim the spread the word and make people purchase your product. Simply listing down the name and the image of the product is enough, as you also need to give emphasis on the positive and long-term effects of the product to your customers.
- Explore with infographics: Some things are better translated through a visual design. This can aid viewers in remembering the content of your flyer while also making it a lot easier to understand. This is why it’s important to choose and create images that are relevant to the point you want to spread across in the flyer.
- Add testimonials: A product or service review from a credible source can go a long way for your marketing campaign. Not only do they bring value to your advertisement, but they also provide assurance for customers who might be on the fence with their decision to purchase your product.
- Use white spaces when necessary: It’s easy to get carried away with your design, especially when you start playing around with colors and other graphic elements. However, this can likely result in a cluttered layout. So use a little bit of white space to avoid turning your New Year flyer into a cluttered and disorganized mess.
Steps to Designing a New Year Flyer
Follow these easy steps so that you can create a New Year flyer that you will surely translate to sales for your company.
1. Download a template of your choice: You can find dozens of New Year flyer templates online. Fortunately, we’ve spared you the trouble and gathered some of the best templates (as well as examples) to help you reach out to your target audience in the most creative way possible. All you need to do is to select a template that best suits your purpose. The size and file formats are also available so that you can pick out the best one for your flyer.
2. Build your content: Once you have downloaded a template from the ones we posted above, you can now create the New Year flyer. You can create the flyer using a graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Since you are creating a New Year flyer, make sure the concept focuses mainly on New Year themes. Additionally, be sure to incorporate all the necessary elements into your flyer design to ensure that the flyer will be visually attractive.
3. Finalize your design: See to it that all important elements are in place and that any mistakes in terms of alignment and image quality are checked. It’s also advised to review your entire flyer for any spelling or grammar errors that may have been committed. Take note that once you have printed the flyer, there is no going back. If you notice that there are glaring errors in the flyer, you have to edit the design and print the design again, and it will be very costly for you and your company.
Types of Flyers
Listed below are the types of flyers. Make sure you choose the appropriate type when you will be creating a New Year flyer. Take note that whatever flyer type you will be using, you should still incorporate all the elements as well follow the steps in creating a New Year flyer we mentioned above.
- Handouts: Also known as handbills, handouts are usually carried around and handed out to prospective clients and customers in public areas as well as in private functions. They come in a matte finish that allows you to write over the material using a pen or marker without worrying about ink smearing across the surface. They are also the lightest and cheapest to produce, thus making them perfect option for mass distribution. Take a look at other kinds of promotional flyers.
- Mailers: A mailer is basically the type of flyer you’re likely to come across while sorting through your mail. Companies usually insert these flyers into packages, envelopes, and even magazines. Mailers have proven to be very effective marketing tools over the years as they can be inserted and distributed to any marketing channel at very minimal costs. Check out marketing flyers for reference.
- Retail flyers: The popularity of a mailer is only equal to this type—the retail flyer. This type of flyer is commonly used to showcase product or service offers in a more detailed approach, kind of like sales flyer. They are also made of a thick, durable material for prospects to keep for a longer span of time.
A brand new year is just a few days away. Make sure to utilize the templates and examples we provided so that you can create an excellent New Year flyer.