As a graduating student, there is nothing more fulfilling than to be handed with the announcement of your graduation. The culmination of your student life will not be possible without the help of people who would like you to achieve your dreams and aspirations. If you plan to invite someone to your graduation ceremonies or to your graduation party, it will also be the best time to give them thank-you cards.
Writing a thank-you card provides an individual the platform to connect with people whom he/she would like to thank. Creating a graduation thank-you card is easy, but you need to make sure that is well-thought of as it is a reflection of how you feel towards the people who you would like to give thanks to.
Simple Graduation Thank-You Card
Graduation Thank-You Card With Graduation Cap
Information That Should Be Present in a Graduation Thank-You Card
If you will create a graduation thank-you card, you need to make sure that all the information that is needed to be known by the expected card receiver will be placed in the tool. Here are some of the basic information that should be present in a comprehensive graduation thank-you card:
- The name of the person who will graduate
- The school where the person will graduate
- The purpose of sending the graduation thank-you card
- The announcement of the graduation
- A short message of appreciation for the person who received the card
- A brief and sweet explanation on why you decided to give a graduation thank-you card to the person
- The date, time and location of your graduation ceremonies
- The date, time and location of your graduation party
- Other information that you would like to include in your graduation thank-you card
When to Give Out a Graduation Thank-You Card
The content of a graduation thank-you card can directly affect the ways on how this tool can be used. Depending on what you have written on a graduation thank-you card, this tool can be given out on the following gatherings and instances:
- The actual graduation ceremony. Writing a graduation thank-you card can be done even before the actual graduation date. This way, you can already give the cards to the people who will accompany you during your graduation.
- The graduation party. Most families provide a graduation party to their member who just finished schooling. If you are aware that you will have a graduation party, you can already create graduation thank-you cards so you can easily hand them to the attendees of the party that was made for you.
- Any celebration for the new graduate. It will be best if you will always be ready for your graduation thank-you cards. You can create generic ones so you can send them right away even after the special and surprise parties that have been arranged for you by your friends, families and loved ones.
- A few days/weeks after the graduation. Even if all the parties for your graduation has already passed, you can still send your graduation thank-you cards to the people whom you want to send your appreciation to. Just make sure that you will consider the date of sending your graduation thank-you card as the essence of using the tool may not be as effective if you will give it on a date that is too far from your actual graduation.
Photo Graduation Thank-You Card
Neutral Simple Graduation Thank-You Card
Blue and Gold Graduation Thank-You Cards
Unique Ways to Design a Graduation Thank-You Card
The graduation thank-you card that you will use should reflect your personality and characteristics. This will make the tool look more personal which can affect the emotions and feelings of the person who will receive it. Here are some ways on how you can uniquely design your own graduation thank-you card:
- Select a photo from your graduation shoot and make it the main design point of your graduation thank-you card.
- You can create a color palette that is either based on your own favorites or the colors that represent your school.
- If you want to go down memory lane, you can make a collage of some of your best memories while still at school.
- A calligraphy design will also look good and trendy especially if some graduation icons, images, and symbols will be incorporated to it.
Entities to Whom Graduation Thank-You Cards Are For
As we have mentioned above, there are different ways that a graduation thank-you card can be used. With this, there are also a number of entities to whom you can send this specific kind of card. Some of the people whom you may consider to give a graduation thank-you card to are as follows:
- The members of the organization who has given you a scholarship grant to financially support your studies, if applicable.
- Your family members and relatives who have given their support within your entire academic journey.
- Your friends, batch mates, schoolmates, and classmates whom you shared your experiences as a student with.
- Your professors, academic heads, and counselors.
- Some of your friends outside of school who you want to invite on your graduation invitation.
- Other people whom you think has contributed to your student life.
Custom Thank You Graduation Card
High School Graduation Thank-You Card
Chalkboard Graduation Thank-You Card
Usages of a Graduation Thank-You Card
Your graduation thank-you card can serve as your way to show your gratefulness to all the people who have seen you grow not only as a student but also as a person. Since there are a variety of ways on how these people were able to touch your life, your graduation thank you card should also be personalized based on how you would like to show your appreciation to a particular person who will receive your graduation thank you card. Here are some of the usages of a graduation thank you card:
- You can use a graduation thank-you card to thank the heads and/or members of the college organizations that you have been a member of.
- You can use a graduation thank you card to ensure your advisers and professors that all the learning that they have provided you with will be carried out even after school.
- You can use a graduation thank-you card to show how you appreciate the efforts and sacrifices of your parents to ensure that your entire academic undertaking will smoothly flow so you can have a bright future ahead of you.
- You can use a graduation thank-you card to invite people to your graduation party may it be right after the graduation ceremony or a few days after the event.
- You can use a graduation thank-you card to show your gratefulness to the people, organizations and other entities who have helped to supply your needs as a student which led you to the moment of your graduation.
Formatting a Graduation Thank-You Card
You can add personal touches when creating a graduation thank-you card. Here are some ideas that can help you be more artistic when formatting and developing the layout of a graduation thank-you card:
- You can use a flyer-type design. Here, you can use the entire space that a page can offer. Usually, a business-size paper is used to achieve this kind of format.
- You can also create a brochure. Do this by folding your graduation thank-you card to parts depending on how many folds it is that you would like to have so all the information and design items that you would like to include will fit in the tool.
- Use a normal card layout. Fold your template into two and make a book-like layout where you can place your thank-you messages. Make sure to properly design each area to make the card look cohesive and well-put together.
Guidelines When Creating a Graduation Thank-You Card
Showing appreciation is very essential as it can make people feel that you are humbled by the experience that you are currently living in. Some of the guidelines that you may follow when creating a graduation thank-you card to make sure that you can translate your gratefulness into words are as follows:
- Write genuinely. You need to make people believe that you truly appreciate their help and contributions. More so, you have to make them feel that they are a part of the celebration. It is very important to write your thank you messages from the heart.
- Know the number of people that you will invite in your graduation party. This will allow you to prepare the exact number of graduation thank-you cards that you will give the attendees with.
- Balance the design and the content of your graduation thank-you card. Make sure that you will include all the details about the graduation ceremony and/or party without making the card look boring.
- Review the information that you have included in the graduation thank-you card. Ensure that all the details are correct and updated so no misunderstandings may occur especially when it comes to dates, locations, and guides.
Thank-You Handwritten Graduate Photo Card
Gold Blue Black White Stripes Graduation Thank-You Card
Kindergarten Graduation Thank -You Card
A graduation thank-you card may be a simple tool but it can surely showcase the genuine happiness of the new-graduate. By using this card, people who have played a vital role in a variety of phases that the individual has undergone during his entire academic journey can share that happiness with him/her.