29+ Invitation Examples, Templates & Design Ideas in Apple Pages
The success of an event, a gathering, or a celebration, most of the time, depends on the support and participation of your intended guests. And what better way to invite them than with the use of an invitation? Invitations have almost always been used by event organizers and hosts in formally expressing their intention to invite guests during the event or gathering, and to make sure that they have the right level of preparation depending on the number of guests who accept or decline the invitation.
In this article, learn how to create and design invitations that can impress and make invited guests accept. This article also comes with invitation templates that you can easily download and edit using Apple Pages as well as invitation examples and design ideas where you can get inspiration for when you make your invitation design.
Know what makes up a successful invitation card effective by learning its key elements below:
1. Name of the Host: This informs the recipient who the sender or the celebrant is or the name of the organization who requested for their presence.
2. Invitational Statement: To deliver the purpose of sending an invitation in the first place, you need to have an invitational statement that would summon or request the presence. It could start as simple as writing “You are invited!”.
3. Event: This element informs the recipient what event he or she is being invited to. There are various possible events such as wedding celebrations, birthday celebrations, and even informal lunch meetings. To avoid confusion, always supply this information. You may also see party invitation examples.
4. Date and Time: Do not make the mistake of forgetting this crucial information. To make sure your intended guest will indeed grace your event, always specify the time and date so they would not come too early or too late, or worse, come one a different time and day.
5. Venue or Location: Another crucial element, this informs the recipients where the event will be held. If you will hold an event at an unfamiliar area, consider including a map so your guests wouldn’t get lost along the way.
6. Reply Instructions: For guests to conveniently inform you of their attendance or absence, provide them with your reply instructions on how you can be reached. Include an RSVP card in your invitation or simply your contact details.
Listed below are the steps that will guide you in creating an invitation using a template:
1. Choose your preferred template: Choose an invitation template that will best suit the event. You can choose from our wide selection of invitation templates both in this article and on this website.
2. Determine the important details: The important details of your event are basically the elements that you need to incorporate it with which is the name of the host, invitational statement, event, date and time, venue or location, and reply instructions.
3. Decide on fitting typography: In deciding for the font style and size to be used on your invitation, consider the kind of celebration you are celebrating. For example, wedding invitations usually consist of dramatic cursive fonts, children’s party invitations would usually have big and bold quirky fonts, and official meeting invitations would usually make use of strictly serif fonts.
4. Write your content: The contents of your letter include the design content and the written content. The written content is simply the details of its key elements. Once you can already supply this, you can easily choose the design elements you want to incorporate in your invitation design. For example, birthday celebrations would usually have an image of a cake, balloons, and party hats as design elements.
5. Proofread and edit: There may be a possibility that you have made some grammar mistakes and spelling errors in the process of making your invitation design. This is the step where you can check up on all those and ensure that you provide quality and accurate content of your invitation. You may also see lunch invitation examples.
Types of Invitation
Here are just some of the types of invitation that you can make and design, depending on the event, gathering, or celebration:
Anniversary Invitation: For organizations and friends or couples in a relationship that have reached their anniversary day, they can send out an anniversary invitation.
Birthday Invitation: To invite friends and family to a birthday celebration, this type of invitation will do the trick.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Invitation: Instead of just informing your guests through email, sending out a breakfast invitation, lunch invitation, and/or a dinner invitation for various formal meetings and agreements will be a better option.
Farewell Invitation: People come and go in a workplace and that includes you! In hosting farewell parties, make sure you provide a farewell invitation for people you want to spend your last days with. You can also make one for the ones who are leaving.
Wedding Invitation: To formally invite your loved ones to what can be considered as your special day, sending them a wedding invitation will just be perfect.
We hope that you found this article useful in creating your own invitation design. If still unsure, do not forget to check out and make use of our ready-made invitation examples and templates mentioned and provided throughout the article.