28+ Invitation Examples, Templates & Design Ideas in PSD
Activities and events would be so dull and boring if there were no guests attending. From birthday celebrations to wedding parties, it would be more fun if you invite your families and friends or even open your event to the public for anyone to attend. With this, you need an invitation that is specifically tailored for your event.
In order to help you with invitations, here are different designs that you can use. With our awesome invitation templates and examples presented below, you can surely communicate your invitation to your intended guests and visitors.
1. Name of the host: The person or organization hosting the event must include his or her name or the name of the organization in the invitation so that people will know who is organizing such events. For some, the name of the host is important because this will determine the credibility of the event and, from this, they can decide whether or not they will attend the event.
2. Invitational: This is a formal statement inviting the guests to come to your event. Examples are the statements “cordially invites you to” and “requests the pleasure of your company.”
3. Type of event: The type of event must also be specified in your invitation so that people will have the idea of what will happen during the event and what they can expect from your event. You must specify if it is a dinner, reception, lecture, luncheon, among others.You may also see lunch invitation examples.
4. Date: Never forget to mention the date in your invitation for this is a very important detail that your guests need. You may include the day, for example: February 14, 2020, Saturday. This would help save the reader’s time in looking up their calendars just to know the specific day of the event.
5. Time: You must also specify the time of your event as well as the duration. For your time to be specific, instead of writing “3 pm,” you may include the range of time, for example, “3 pm to 5 pm” or you may mention that the event will last for approximately 2 hours.
6. Location: The location or place of the event must also be clearly specified. Additionally, you can include directions on how to get to the location. A map would also be of great help to let people know the specific location of the event and the way to get there. You may also see business invitation examples.
7. Reply instructions: For you to know the approximate number of guests attending your event, you must provide them with reply instructions. These pertain to the ways on how they can reach you or communicate their replies. You may provide your contact number, email address, and any other means for communication.
8. Attire: For wedding invitations, costume party invitations, and other specific gatherings, it is important that you inform people regarding the dress code or attire so they can prepare for it ahead of time. This would also help your guests pick the appropriate attire so they would not be over- or underdressed. On the other hand, for events or gatherings that are open for public, there is usually no specific attire required.
Different types of events call for different types of invitation. These are as follows:
Wedding invitation: Considered as one of the most popular invitations, a wedding invitation is sent to formally invite families and friends of the bride and groom.
Birthday invitation: Another popular invitation is the birthday invitation which is sent to specific recipients, usually relatives and friends, to come to a birthday party or celebration.
Meal invitation: This can be a breakfast, lunch, or dinner invitation for formal meetings or business-related meetings. This can also be sent to gather your team in a company for small talks, for simply appreciating their hard work, or for other discussions.
Farewell invitation: This is usually sent to people in your workplace inviting them to come to your farewell party before you leave the workplace.
Event invitation: There are a lot of events that need invitations, for example, fundraising, concert, exhibit, and sports event. Through invitations, the host can gather more attendees and even participants to the event or activity. You may also see anniversary invitation examples.
What are electronic invitations?
These are the online version of the traditional invitations in which the invitations are sent online or electronically instead of sending a tangible copy. Many people opt for electronic invitations because they are convenient and can be sent to many people at once.
What is the difference between an invitation and an RSVP?
The main difference between an invitation and an RSVP is their use or function. An invitation is used to inform the recipient that he or she is invited to the event.
On the other hand, an RSVP usually appears in formal invitations and requires the recipient to confirm his or her attendance to the event for the host to ascertain the number of guests attending. RSVP can be sent in addition to the invitation.