An emergency information form is one of the examples of HR forms that your company should have. This form is typically given to employees during their orientation or first day of work. An emergency information form contains all the necessary details about an individual and a contact person that may be reached should the individual who filled the form get involved in emergency situations.
Sample Employee Emergency Contact Form
Personal and Emergency Contact Information Form
Emergency information forms are very useful in instances like accidents and unforeseen circumstances where medical help is needed. With the benefits that this form can provide whenever an emergency arises, you should make sure that you will create an emergency information form that can inquire, ask and specify all the relevant information that the institution or organization who will keep the form can use when called for. The downloadable examples in this post can guide you in developing a comprehensive emergency information form.
Main Details of an Emergency Information Form
There are different types of HR forms you need for small businesses and even big corporations. One of these is the emergency information form. Do not think of an emergency information form as an irrelevant additional paperwork. It will only take a few minutes for you to complete the form but it can be useful for a long period of time. Even if emergencies do not happen to someone on a daily basis, an emergency information form can still be effective when it comes to ensuring preparedness for emergency situations. Listed below is the breakdown of the most important details that should be found in a basic emergency information for.
- Specify the name of the person who is connected to the organization, establishment or company.
- List down the basic information that you would like to know which includes the address of the individual, the type of connection that he or she has with the organization and his or her contact details. You may also see creative ways to structure your hr department.
- Ask for the name of the contact person that you may reach should emergencies occur.
- Do not forget to include the contact person’s personal contact details like his or her business and personal mobile number, home address, and e-mail address.
- Seek for medical information of the person that you should know about. You can also ask for particular instructions on how to deal with situations where the medical condition of the individual is already out of control. You may also like hr memo examples & samples.
- It is highly-suggested for you to ask for an alternate guardian. This will come in handy if the contact person cannot be reached. An alternate guardian serves as one of your back-up plans.
- Ask for the contact information and basic personal details of the alternate guardian as well.
- Come up with a statement of privacy and confidentiality so you can ensure all the entities that the information presented in the form will be safely kept by the organization and will only be used when necessary. You may also check out best human resource policies and practices.
- Allow designated entities to affix their signatures at the end of the emergency contact form. In common transactions, these entities are the person who filled the form and the representative of the business or the organization who asked for the details listed in the emergency contact form. You might be interested in reasons why hr is critical to your company’s success.
Student Emergency Contact Form
Emergency Contact Information Form
Student Emergency Information Form Example
When Are Emergency Information Form Used?
There are different entities who may require you to fill-up an emergency information form. These include educational institutions, membership-based organizations, companies and business establishments, sports clubs, employers, and medical facilities. With this, you may already have an idea that there is a wide range of purposes on why an emergency information form is made. Here are some of the instances where an emergency information form is used:
- An emergency information form can be used if an employee or a student developed allergies by consuming a food item that contains allergens that can trigger his or her condition. Especially for students and minors, an emergency information form is highly-beneficial as guardians and/or parents are already aware on what the individual should do or take when this instance happens. You may also see importance of human resource management.
- An emergency information form can also be used for sudden incidents that have developed into emergency situations. In-depth emergency information forms can even include clauses about the rights of a medical organization to conduct necessary medical procedures. With the weight of the emergency information form’s usage, you should make sure that you will create this document alongside your business’ employee information form.
- An emergency information form can be used to inform the guardian or the parent of an individual about an accident where he or she has been involved in. Hence, an emergency information form can also serve as a line of communication when information must be relayed about a particular situation.
- An emergency information form can be used by travel agencies and academic institutions who will conduct educational tours. When a student is lost, the parent or the guardian of the student can be easily notified. There are also cases where the student and the guardian are together and their attention is already necessary to be called as the tour will already progress from one place to another. With this, you can already observe that emergency information forms can also be used in simple situations depending on how the organization specified the document’s usage. You may also like how to develop a human resources department business plan.
- An emergency information form can be used by academic institutions whenever there is a need for the guidance of a student’s parent. There are instances where a student can get into a fight which can result to minor injuries. Misbehavior and misconduct can be reasons why an emergency information form will be used. Schools should notify both the students and their parents or guardians with regards this matter during enrollment. You may also check out things every hr professional needs to do to succeed.
- An emergency information form is used to ensure that parents or guardians will be made aware of the injuries that an individual has acquired from sports or a game. Athletes are well-aware on how important an emergency information form is during emergency situations where processes or procedures after an injury can affect their career in the sports industry. You might be interested in hr checklist examples & samples.
Sample Child Care – Child Information Form for Emergency Disaster Preparedness
Sample: Emergency Card Information
Benefits of Having an Emergency Information Form
Aside from the development of a background check form and an employee evaluation form, you should also give importance in the creation of an emergency information form. Even though this form may be at the end of every HR form checklist, it is still essential for your company to have this form made by the human resource department and answered by your employees. Here are some of the benefits of having an emergency information form that may just convince you to make your own:
- Creating an emergency information form provides an agreement that you permit an individual to be examined by the company nurses and doctors. This is necessary whenever a person feels ill at work and check-up should be made right away. You may also see human resource budget examples.
- As mentioned in the discussion above, an emergency information form can list down particular directions from the parent or the guardian of an individual. Through this form, the requests and other specifications for medical attention can be listed.
- Developing an emergency information form can make it easier to identify the person that should be called during emergencies and accidents. There are also times where primary and secondary guardians are asked to ensure that there will be options should one contact not be reached. You may also like things the big bosses want from the leaders in hr.
- Making an emergency information form can personalize the medical attention given to an individual. As an example, there are instances where particular medicines should not be given to the person. Having these preferences and specifications listed in the emergency information form can make it easier for nurses and doctors to deal with the emergency or issue at hand. You may also check out examples of hr forms.
- Having an emergency information form can help employers be updated with the current and updated medical conditions and concerns of their employees. With this, certain adjustments can be made and discussed accordingly.
Child’s Care and Emergency Information Form
Emergency Information Form for Children With Special Needs
Guidelines When Filling an Emergency Information Form Up
Just as how HR technology improves performance reviews, emergency information forms can also improve the preparedness of the company whenever there is a need to address an emergency. The effective usage of an emergency information form is not only the responsibility of the entity who will keep it. People who will fill the form is also a part of the equation. When writing the details asked on an emergency information form, make sure that you will execute the following:
- Be aware of the reason on why you are asked to provide all the information specified in the emergency information form. There are private or confidential information that are commonly asked in an emergency information form. If you find unusual details that are asked for, always feel free to inquire or ask the entity who provided you the emergency information form. You may also see human resource strategy examples.
- Make sure that all the information that you will include in the form are accurate, correct and updated. Providing wrong or incomplete details can lessen the effectiveness of the document and its usage.
- In instances where dates where you can update you emergency information form are not specified, be responsible enough to voluntarily update your information. You can do this by talking to the human resource personnel of your company or by sending an email to the human resource department about the particular changes that you would like them to be knowledgeable of.
- Be particular with requests and directions. Ensure that your instructions can be easily understood by the people who will look into and review the emergency information form. Doing this can lessen the possibilities of follow-up calls for the confirmation or clarification of the details that you have stated. You may also like 5 ways recent hr technology improves on performance reviews.
American Red Cross Emergency Contact Card/Form
Child Care Emergency Contact Information Form
Tips in Making an Emergency Information Form
An emergency information form is actually easy to create. The items that are included in the emergency information form are usually concise and direct to the point. All you need to do is to be aware of the basics of its content development and formatting requirements. A few of the useful tips that can help you make a complete and relevant emergency information form include the following:
- Always update the details that you will gather through the help of an emergency information form. The format and content of the form may remain but ensure that you will have particular schedules where the employees or whoever filled the form will provide an updated list of the information that you would like to know. You may also see hr guidelines that help you manage your people.
- Ensure the people who will write personal and private information in the form that access with the details that they have provided will be restricted. Secure them that these details will only be reviewed by a number of appointed people who need to be aware of their medical conditions or those who need to contact the guardian or parents of the individual during emergencies. You may also like hr questionnaire examples & samples.
- Develop a to do checklist first before making an emergency information form. Specify all the processes that you need to implement in making the form. You can also list down all the details that you will ask so you can easily plot them in the actual layout of the emergency information form.
- Come up with a precise and simple emergency information form. It will be best if you can provide directions on how the form should be filled and answered. The simplicity of the form can lessen or even eliminate the possibility of misleading or wrong information to be given.
- Explain when or where the emergency information form will be used. This is very important especially if you will ask for information that are more confidential compared to those that are usually placed in basic emergency information forms. You may also check out sample hr templates and examples.
Do not forget to review the final document that you have made before using it. You can always seek for the comments and suggestions of the management and the other members of the human resource department. Always base the content of your emergency information form with the details that are needed by your business and the kind of instances that can possibly arise and be considered as an emergency in your operations or daily processes and activities. Refer to our examples and start making your own emergency information form now. You might be interested in top hr interview questions.