Aside from employment contract examples, companies should also have employee information forms readily available in every employment processes. Employee records are very important to be kept and maintained by the business to ensure that they are updated with the personal and professional information of their employees. This can promote a safe and secure environment while ensuring that the company can effectively document their relationship with their workforce. There are variations in the employee information that businesses keep. This will depend on the regulations followed by the business and its management. Making an employee information form is one of the things that you need to come up with if you are starting a business. This will help you gather substantial information that you can use in different instances within the employment of an individual in your company. If you have no idea on how you can make an employee information form, do not worry as we got you covered. We have listed a number of downloadable examples that you can refer to as you go through the content of this post.
Basic Employee Information Form
New Employee Personal Information and Bank Details
Types of Employee Information Form
The completion of all the forms needed and necessary for employment can reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of the human resource department. Hence, it is essential for the management to always look into the HR form examples and other kinds of documents that the human resource department are using, keeping and maintaining. Moreover, it is important for these documents to always be updated to ensure that legal processes and transactions are done accordingly.
There are different kinds of employee information form depending on the purpose or the reason why they are created. How you use an employee information form can affect its content which is why you have to fully understand the objective of the employee information form so you can be aware of what to include in the document. Here are some types of employee information forms:
- Employee information forms can be used as a document that includes confidential files and details related to the employee and his or her employment with the company. A few of the items included in this document are medical records, claims for compensation, drug test results, background check authorization and employee investigation request acknowledgment.
- Employee information forms can contain personnel files or the basic personal information of the employee. This is usually filled or answered by the employee during orientation or his or her first day of work. This type of employee information form contains details related to the hiring documents required by the business, the details of the employee’s previous work position and job designation and the like.
Employee Personal Information Form
Example of an Employee Information Form
Why is an Employee Information Form Necessary?
An employee information form is one of the types of HR forms you need for small businesses. It is an important human resource document that should never be forgotten when plotting all the HR materials that should be made. Companies should always be knowledgeable of the background of their employees which is why this form should answer and filled up by all the employees of the business. Here are some of the reasons why we believe that an employee information form is necessary to be created and handed to employees for them to answer:
- Making an employee information form is a legal obligation and responsibility of the business to its employees and business stakeholders. Moreover, there are also legal transactions where the details of employees are required.
- Having an employee information form helps businesses to ensure that the company is responsible for the safekeeping of personal, sensitive and confidential information given by employees. Every employee information form should have a statement pertaining to the usage and bookkeeping of employee personal information.
- Developing an employee information form can make it easier for employers to keep precise personal records that can lessen the disputes and misunderstandings between the human resource department and the employees. There may be instances where an employee information form can be used as a proof of termination especially if there are specified items that have been proven to be untrue.
- Creating an employee information form can help the management assess the potential of the employee. The previous work experiences and other qualifications of an employee can be listed in this document. Hence, it can serve as one of the documents that can support the promotion or lateral transfer of an employee.
- Using an employee information form can greatly affect the compilation and bookkeeping procedures followed by the human resource department. All the information given by the employee from the hiring process and actual employment up to performance evaluation and training can be put together in a more organized manner if an employee information form will be used.
Employee Contact and Deposit Information Form
Elements of a Comprehensive Employee Information Form
Listed below are some of the elements that you need to include and consider in an employee information form.
- Develop a timeline when specific employee information forms will be handed to employees. This can make it easier for the business to gather information in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Do not forget to get the basic details of the employee. This includes the contact information of the employee as well as other personal details that are essential to be known by the business so that you can contact and reach the employee in a professional manner any time possible.
- Aside from the basic information of the employee, make sure that you will also get details that are essential to be known by the business in consideration to the legal and lawful requirements of the state or country where the business is located. These include government numbers, citizenship information and the like.
- Gather information about the health condition of your employees. This will allow the safety and security of the workplace to be highly regarded within the processes of employment.
- The interest, skills and other deliverables of your employees may also be included in an employee information form. These details, though simple and basic, can help you assess the potential of your workforce. With this, you can align their work processes to what they really love doing and where they are good at.
Simple Personal Employee Information Form
Personal Information Form for Employees
Benefits of Having an Employee Information Form
Both the business and employees can benefit from having an employee information form. A few of the advantages that have an employee information form can provide include the following:
- An employee information form can ensure the management that necessary employee information are already at hand whenever it is needed by the company.
- An employee information form can be of help for employment assessment and employee evaluation.
- An employee information form can be used by the human resource department to ensure that all the rights of the employee are given and considered.
- An employee information form can serve as the document that will be used as a guide whenever references are requested from the business in relation to their employees.
Employee Information Form
New Hire Information Form: Sample Template
Tips You Can Use for Developing the Format and Content of an Employee Information Form
Making an employee information form is not an easy task. To help you create an effective employee information form, here are some tips that you may find useful when incorporated in the processes of the document development:
- Come up with a standardized form that you can use every time there is a new employee hired by the company. This will help you have an easier process implementation during on-boarding.
- Be consistent with the information that you would like the employees to supply. This can help you create cohesion with the awareness that you have with each employee that is working for the business.
- Remember that an employee information form is created for employees. It may be basic and easy to understand but there are actually companies who already provide these forms to applicants, which is actually wrong. There is some information that is too sensitive which can only be asked to individuals who have already agreed to be an employee of the business.
- Be transparent, reasonable and objective when asking for personal and professional information. You should make sure that all the items that you will ask the employee are relevant to the information that is needed by the business.
Aside from these tips, make sure to browse through and download the samples that we have in this post. Use these as your references and guides so you can easily develop an employee information form on your own.