While there are other marketing materials available such as flyers and posters, nothing can match to the convenience and content of a brochure. Brochures are used as a common advertising tool by most businesses and this is for a good reason. A brochure can assure you both excellent quality and quantity since one may contain a sufficient number of advertising spaces without making you sacrifice providing an excellent layout and design quality.
Through brochures, you can effectively provide information to your target market regarding the products and services offered by your business. In this article, we have provided brochure examples and templates that can help you get started with brochure designing. These examples and templates can be edited so you do not have to worry about starting from scratch.
Every brochure has a goal and that is to lead the target market to a certain action. This action can be the actual buying or availing of your products and/or services. To make this successful, you have to ensure that your brochure already contains the necessary elements, for these elements will make it possible for your target customers to pick up, open, and read your brochure.
1. Attention-grabbing cover: The first thing that people will see from your brochure is the cover. Make sure that your cover is attention-grabbing enough to entice your target customers. A cover contains the following elements: the company or business logo, an image, and the text, which can be a phrase or a slogan. Learn more about these cover elements below:
2. Mood-setting colors: You may already know that the best way to set a mood is through color. If you own a business that falls under the fun and whimsical line, the best color to set the mood is bright ones. If you own a business that delivers a serious message, you can use neutral colors to set such kind of formal mood.
3. Excellent font choices: Your choice of font style and font size can affect the readability of the message you intend to deliver through your brochure and it can also help in setting the mood of the said message. Use a font style that is appropriate for the kind of business that you have and this means that the use of the font Comic Sans can earn you bad reactions from your target readers.
4. Strategically placed white spaces: Even though white spaces basically contain nothing since it is a “space,” this element can actually work wonders for your article. If you will be able to figure out to strategically place white spaces, you will be able to make your brochure layout and design look less overwhelming. Plus, white spaces allows you to direct the attention of your readers toward the images and information that you want to highlight in your brochure.
Learn the steps in designing a brochure that you can apply for your business.
1. Choose your desired format: Before anything else, you have to choose a format for your brochure first. When choosing a format, make sure that you already have a vision of how you would like your brochure to look like so you can easily choose the best format suited for the message you want to deliver through your brochure. Some of the formats you may consider are the bifold and trifold formats.
2. Choose a brochure template: Now that you have determined your format, you can now choose a template for your brochure. There are a lot of professional and business brochure design templates online and all you have to do is pick what is the best and suitable for your brochure. To help you out, we have already provided brochure templates here in this article so you can now easily start designing your brochure.
3. Create a layout for your brochure: With a format and template, you must now create a layout or an outline of how you are going to organize the contents of your brochure. The things you need to organize in your layout may consist of the following: the heading, the subheadings, the position of your images, and even the white spaces. It is also in this step where you can move things around and try out other layout options.
4. Input the text and image content: Even if you are using a brochure template, you still have to provide your own content and add it to your brochure template. Make sure that you will carefully input your contents into your chosen template because do keep in mind that input in your brochure can affect your target reader’s knowledge about your business. Plus, you get to have fewer worries and problems during the proofreading and editing step.
5. Proofread and edit your work before printing: Right after adding all of your contents on your templates, you should now proceed to proofread and edit your work. While this step may sound basic, it is still important to include this step because as mentioned in the previous step, whatever you input in your brochure can affect your target market’s knowledge regarding your business’s products and process.
Want to make your brochure stand out from the rest? Here are some tips that you might find useful.
Here are the types of brochure folds that you may use for your business’s brochure.
Don’t have any idea what should be the size or your brochure? Here is the list of the common brochure sizes you can choose from.
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding brochures.
A brochure is a paper document that is used mainly in advertising. It is used by companies to inform their target market the products and services they offer. Both big and small companies use brochures as part of their marketing strategy since it helps them in generating more business opportunities.
Brochures are primarily used for marketing since you can easily present your business’s products and services and even the promotions and discounts that you offer through this material. Here are a few marketing brochures you can use as reference. Aside from that, brochures are also used for non-business purposes since you can also use brochures for disseminating information, notices, and announcement to a particular audience.
Brochures are perhaps the most versatile marketing tools and the reason why this feature is important for businesses is because they can do so much about it that can benefit the growth of their business. They can use brochures to update their customers and they can even use brochures to spread or raise awareness, like advertising brochures. Printing brochures are not really that expensive, thus, you can still market your business without breaking the bank.
Designing brochures should not be a difficult task. With the right knowledge, you can definitely create even the most basic one. We hope that this article has been helpful to you in designing your brochure. Make sure to check out the brochure examples and templates that we have here to help you get started.