When it comes to marketing materials, there is no doubt flyers are among those that are not only typically used but also in the industry for so long. How did a simple advertising tool make it this far? Firstly, flyers are convenient to hand out by foot. Secondly, their printing cost is relatively low compared to other marketing materials. There are a lot more reasons why flyers remain so long in the advertising world, and you will understand more of this discussion in this article.
Given that you are competing with other business entities in a similar industry, it is important that you make your flyers far better than the others in terms of aesthetics or visuals and functionality. Make it informational and at the same compelling to your target market. How to do it? Below are useful flyer discussions as well as templates and examples that will inspire you and help you get started in creating the best flyer for your company.
Flyers are widely used in different industries for different purposes may it be a sales flyer, photography flyer, and many other flyer designs. Although these flyers serve different purposes, they are similar when it comes to their elements. Elements are the features that comprise a flyer to maximize its visual presentation as well as functionality. Here are the basic elements that must be present in your flyer.
1. Striking Headline: You cannot grab your market’s attention when you do not work on your headline. The headline of the flyer must be something compelling and eye-catching in order to snatch people’s interest. This must be something that would propel the audience the reader into reading the whole content of your flyer. Note that people will not bother reading your flyer if they cannot relate your headline. Hence, make sure that your headline is timely and relatable. You may also see advertising flyer examples.
2. Value Proposition: Now that you already have your reader’s attention, you must keep them interested in your flyer by giving them an interesting offer that is hard to resist. It must be something that addresses their current problems and issues and provides possible and wise solutions to their advantage. You must instill in your market’s mind your worth and the reason why they need your product.
3. Branding: The purpose of marketing material is to advertise not just your products but your company as a whole. All businesses are trying to make a name in the industry for increased credibility. Thus, in your flyer, make sure that you incorporate any branding identity that is associated with your company. Company logo and mascots are among those that make people remember about your company.
4. Professionally Captured Photos: Never settle for less when you know you can achieve more than you are currently doing. Invest for high-quality photos for these will make your flyer presentable and professional. Readers will more likely be interested in your offer upon seeing that you have incredible taken photos. This also implies that you are putting more effort into making your flyer decent and presentable.
5. Complementing Colors: Another important element that can do great wonders on your flyer is the colors. Colors set the mood of the reader while reading the flyer. In choosing the appropriate colors, consider the color palette of your logo or the branding of your company. You may also choose complementing colors, those colors that are opposite each other in the color wheel such as green and, blue and orange, and violet and yellow. You may also see event flyer examples.
6. Call-to-Action (CTA): A CTA must always be present in every flyer regardless of the kind of flyer you are trying to make. This is a statement that compels the audience into taking action and accepting the offer presented in the flyer. This would also tell the reader what to do next and how to do it. Hence, this serves as a guide toward accepting your offer, which is a crucial part of your marketing.
7. Contact Information: Last but not the least, your contact information must be present in your marketing as this will be the avenue of the reader to communicate with you regarding their queries, concerns, feedback, suggestions, and others. Provide your readers with various ways of communication such as your phone number, email address, website, and social media sites.
When creating a flyer, you have the discretion whether to make a flyer from scratch or with the use of a template. In this section, we will discuss how to create a flyer using a template. Templates are indeed helpful when you are racing against time in your flyer creation especially when you have other unfinished tasks to complete or you are beating the deadlines. Here is a simple guide on how to make flyer through the use of a flyer.
1. Choose a template: There are a lot of template options you can find on the Internet. From corporate flyer to marketing flyer, you can find a wide selection of templates on the Internet. While other templates need to be purchased, there are some templates that you can use for free such as those presented above. Choose a template that is suitable for your advertisement and the one that best represents your company. Also take into consideration the size of the template as well as the page orientation as these are the first things that you must decide when you create a flyer.
2. Incorporate the elements: Stated on the first part of this article are the elements that must comprise a flyer. Ensure that you are incorporating all these elements, not missing any important ones and that everything is arranged properly on your canvas. See to it that there are no elements that are overlapping with each other and that the information are placed in the correct hierarchy.
3. Edit and arrange the layout and style: You can drag around the elements that you place in your canvas, making the style your own. Arrange the elements until you get satisfied with the final design of your flyer. Convert the template into something that you can call your own and that contains the branding of your entity.
4. Finalize: After you are done customizing your flyer, double-check everything and spot for any typos, misplaced graphics, and any other errors, for these errors might be the reason your efforts will be wasted. This can also be applied to all your marketing materials. Do not forget to proofread your work before sending them to your market online or before sending them to print.
5. Send online or for printing: Because we are living in a digital world, you might prefer to send your flyer online. After making sure that everything is in order, you can either send them directly online or you can create a printed version to be distributed on the streets. So, it is important that you double-check everything first before printing them because errors in your flyer might cause you to spend additional printing expense. Make sure that you choose a printing shop that offers the best quality for your print and accepts the size you want for your flyer. You may also see party flyer examples.
Flyers come in different types according to your purpose. Knowing the different types of flyers would allow you to launch the most appropriate flyer for that specific time, in that specific place, at that specific time. Here are the commonly used types of flyers that you must know.
According to the purpose and use of your flyer, you can design it in a way that is convenient for you with regard to printing and distribution. Here are some commonly used flyer sizes in different industries:
Below are the answers of the frequently asked questions concerning flyers.
Creating a flyer is quite easy, but making sure is it distributed effectively is challenging. In order for your flyer distribution to be effective, you must make sure that you are considering your message, audience, timing, distribution method, and distribution team. Your message must be something that your audience can relate, your distribution method must be smooth, and the distribution must be participated by the distribution team appropriate for marketing a specific flyer.
Surely, you have heard the rumors that putting flyers on doors is illegal or even the act of distributing flyers itself on the streets is illegal. Well, that is not entirely true. What is illegal is when you put flyers in residential mailboxes without postage. When you simply put them on doorsteps, you do not need to worry about the laws that govern such an act because it is a legitimate way. You may also see minimalist flyer design examples
Parking lots and parks are among the places where you can reach more people especially your target market. These are the areas where different people converge, hence a place susceptible for your promotion. It is not illegal to distribute flyers to these places because they are public places as long as you are not creating a hazard or you are not blocking the traffic.