A business relies on marketing and advertising in order to thrive. There is a need to provide target customers with information regarding what the business offers but in an appealing and enticing manner. In this sense, the marketing or advertising tool to use should be effective in delivering the message; otherwise, the business will suffer a great loss.
The flyer template is an advertising tool that has been effectively used to spread information since the invention of the printing press in the 1440s. It has been used to advertise and promote products, services, agenda, etc. and persuade the audience to do a certain action. That’s why there is a need to ensure that the flyers businesses use are created with consideration to what their target customers want to see or read.
Good elements ensure that a flyer can be an effective marketing tool; hence, essential elements of a flyer is listed below:
1. Goal: Will it be used to promote new products? Is a sale happening and it needs to be promoted? Are there packages and promo that that public needs to know? Having and establishing a goal before the creation of a flyer ensures that its contents are tailored specifically to achieve it.
2. Headline: Relating to the goal, you need to have an eye-catching headline on the flyer to capture your target customers’ attention and spark their curiosity. Use words that describe the purpose, but make sure how its formatted and designed make it “pop.”
3. Graphics or Images: The graphics or images you use in the flyer should relate to the brand and should reflect its goal or purpose. For example, a computer and mobile repair flyer should have high-quality images, graphics, and illustrations that relate to it, such as an actual image of a computer or cellphone, a person repairing devices, and so on.
4. Colors: Similar to the graphics or images, the colors you use in the brand flyer should also be related to the brand image of the business. If the company color is red and blue, it is best to primarily use such colors in the flyer. Moreover, it is also best to invest in quality, full-color print so that positive emotions or reactions can be evoked from the audience.
5. Call-to-action: There should be a motivating message in the marketing flyer that encourages the readers to act positively towards the message. Phrases like “Buy Now,” “Call today,” “Come and try,” etc. are effective call-to-action that will influence the readers to act accordingly.
6. Contact information: Since you have a call-to-action, you should also provide accurate contact information to let the readers know how and who to contact. Aside from the name of the contact person and phone number, you can also provide an email address, Facebook business page, Twitter profile, etc.
7. Quality finish: How the final output of your promotional flyer looks greatly affect the overall impression you can get from your audience. You have to invest in a higher quality paper like high gloss, linen, or other luxury paper in order to attract attention and add value to the contents found in the flyer.
Here is an easy guide you can follow when creating a flyer or any other flyer:
1. Choose background color: Start by choosing a background color for the flyer that best represents or corresponds to the brand image. If there is no official brand color just yet, choose the color that best fits the overall aesthetics of the company and brand.
2. Add texts: Add the required details in the Advertising flyer to provide your readers with the essential information about your brand, products and/or services, event, and so on. Choose the font style that fits the overall theme or feels you are going for; make sure that the color and size you use are visible against the background you have chosen.
3. Add structure: To add more character to the promotional flyer, you should ensure that its structure is appealing to look at. You can use lines to break up visuals or images and at the same time give a structure to the layout. The lines can be structured to form other shapes as well so long as they are seamless with the other designs.
4. Insert images or illustrations: In an event flyer, it is apparent that you use images or illustrations that relate to the nature of the event to make it more coherent to the purpose and theme. Same goes with other flyers that are created for a specific purpose or goal.
5. Proofread and edit accordingly: To make sure there are no errors and inaccuracies in the flyer before it is mass-printed and distributed, proofread and edit it accordingly. It is important that you provide accurate information in the flyer while maintaining an eye-capturing appearance.
Listed below are the types of flyers that you can choose from:
1. Flyer ads: These flyers are basically sales flyers that are used to promote discounts and sales advertisements that are only valid for a limited time. The information about its purpose is prioritized rather than its overall design. It succinctly provides information about the sale, such as the contact details, product details, and prices.
2. Corporate flyers: There is a balance between promoting the brand and the overall aesthetics in a corporate flyer. Its main purpose is to create brand awareness and promote the brand and company as a whole.
3. Photo-centric flyers: A club flyer is a great example of this type of flyer. It uses attention-seeking vibes and inviting color palette. Photo-centric flyers are good to use when there is an aim to build networks through events.