19+ Greeting Card Templates & Design Ideas in Apple Pages
Greeting cards are widely used by people around the globe to send in unique and special messages to the people they care about. They are perfect during special occasions and on holidays, but you can also send them in even on ordinary days. Greeting cards are also used for commercial purposes as they can be useful for launching new products or service announcements.
A greeting card is just a simple piece of a document—a paper with images or text on the front part containing a message inside. Though there are many variations, a greeting card typically follows a standard layout. Custom greeting cards are also perfect ideas as the recipient can feel that he or she is special because you have taken the time to pour out your heart’s content in a card. Impress people with these greeting card examples and templates.
Three Elements of a Greeting Card
A typical greeting card contains these important elements:
1. Front: The cover or front of the card may contain text, photo, or a combination of both. The cover of the card should be attention-grabbing and should set the tone for the card. Once the tone is set, the emotions of the sender can be conveyed whether he is being funny, romantic, playful, or downright serious.
2. Inside message: There are greetings cards that are blank on the inside, so you have the freedom to write your own message. You may write “Season’s Greetings,” “Happy Birthday,” or any messages you want to add. You can put a solemn poem or any clever joke on the front of the card like that of a funny greeting card. You can repeat the graphics on the front to the inside of the card or you can add some new images. The inside element of the greeting card is usually seen on the right-hand portion of the open side-fold card. While on a top-fold card, the inside element is usually found at the bottom.
3. Back: For mass-produced commercial greeting cards, the back cover of the card is where the name of the greeting card company, contact information, logo, and copyright notice are located. If you want to create your very own greeting card, you can include your name, logo, personal stamp, and date. You also have the option to leave it blank.
10+ Greeting Card Templates
Birthday greeting card template
Available File Formats
1st birthday greeting card template
Available File Formats
Advertising Agency Greeting Card
Travel Agency Greeting Card
SEO Greeting Card
Massage Greeting Card
Creative Agency Greeting Card
Free Greeting Card Template
Christmas Greeting Card
Thanksgiving Greeting Card
Available File Formats
World Vegan Day Greeting Card
Elegant Christmas Greeting Card
I Love Black Friday Greeting Card
10+ Greeting Card Examples
Smithsonian Institution Greeting Card
Graduation Greeting Card
Birthday Greeting Card
Valentine’s Day Greeting Card
Bulgari Holiday Greeting Card
Lunar New Year Greeting Card
Nestle Greeting Card
Save the Children Greeting Card
Greenpeace All-Occasion Greeting Cards
Starbucks Happy Holidays Premium Greeting Card
2 Types of Greeting Cards
It depends on your preference if you use either a flat or folded greeting card. It is important to know the pros and cons of each one so you’ll have an idea which is the best fit.
1. Flat Greeting Cards: These types of greeting cards are very affordable and can give you half the space of its folded counterpart. If sharing images is your main goal, then flat cards can be a good option. Many flat cards are typically used in this manner. Another benefit of flat greeting cards is that you can mail it the way you do to a postcard. Thus, you no longer need to purchase envelopes. Some businessmen also utilized these as giveaways every time they promote their businesses.
2. Folded Greeting Cards: A folded greeting card is regarded by many as much traditional. Unfolding the card sets the element of surprise, which makes it unique and special. However, the downside for this type of card is its expensive price.
6 Popular Greeting Card Sizes
The different types of popular greeting card sizes are as follows:
- 140mm greeting cards: 140mm square greeting cards are popular and they have very convenient sizes. They all come in a landscape format only. This greeting card size is approximately 5.5 inches square.
- A6 greeting cards: These types of greeting cards are 148mm × 105mm when folded and are available in landscape or portrait format. They can also be produced as “tent” format in a landscape style. The dimension is approximately 6 × 4 in inches. These greeting card sizes are convenient since they are small and are available at low prices. You may also see vacation greeting card examples.
- 5” × 7” greeting cards: These greeting card sizes are of a standard size and they are still very popular. They are available in landscape or portrait formats. The dimensions of the cards are 127mm × 178mm when folded.
- A5 greeting cards: These greeting card sizes are 210mm × 148mm, or roughly 8” × 6”, when folded.
- DL greeting cards: These types of greeting cards are 99mm high × 210mm wide. They are suitable for wide “landscape” style subjects and they are perfect for every design. The greeting cards are approximately 4” high × 8.25” wide. A DL greeting card is available in landscape format only. It’s like a letterbox and usually only fits very wide images such as seascapes and landscapes. You may also see romantic greeting card examples.
- 150mm square greeting cards: 150mm square greeting cards are becoming much popular and they come in very attractive sizes. They are available in landscape format only. These greeting card sizes are roughly 6 inches square.
Greeting Card FAQs
Below are some answers to the frequently asked questions about greeting cards.
Is there a greeting card for every occasion?
Greeting cards can be used on practically any occasion. They are so flexible that they can be virtually utilized in whatever special occasion you are prepping up for. Whether you’re melancholic or in high spirits, a greeting card is very useful in expressing your feelings in a tangible piece of document. You may also see congratulation greeting card examples.
Aside from personal purposes, what are the common uses of greeting cards?
Business owners use greeting cards to reach out to their clients and to solidify a relationship with them. Businessmen use it to express deep gratitude to their loyal customers, spurring them for never-ending patronage. They can even utilize them to keep their fan base stay glued and strong in supporting them through products and promotions.
What are the most well-known occasions and holidays where you can use greeting cards?
For personal occasions, these include birthdays, baptism, weddings, graduations, anniversaries, and the like. While the common holidays celebrated across the globe are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Independence Day. You might be interested in Christmas greeting cards.
What are things to look out for before considering sending people a greeting card?
Sending greeting cards is a timeless and special way of extending sympathy, felicitations, good tidings, well-wishes, and more. However, before writing your heart out in a blank or customized card, you need to consider some things like the size, shape, and design you would want your greeting card to have. Selecting the appropriate visual elements can help you convey the special message you want to send to your recipients.