200,000+ Ready-Made Templates
to Get Your Work Done Faster & Smarter
Even in this digital age, sending out greeting cards is still one of the best ways to send special messages on special holidays, both for personal and business purposes. Greeting cards are perfect for holiday greetings too! And since the Christmas season is finally here, consider whipping out a Christmas greeting card and send it to your loved ones and also to your beloved customers.
Get in control with the written and visual contents of your greeting card with the use of the Christmas greeting card examples, templates, and design ideas that we have posted here in this article. We have also included the elements that make up a Christmas greeting card, the step and tips in creating one, and the answers to frequently asked questions surrounding Christmas greeting cards.
Every excellent and wonderfully made Christmas greeting card contains the essential elements that, without it, would not make your Christmas greeting card complete. Each major parts of the greeting card, namely the front cover, the inside message, and the back cover, contains these elements and you will learn more about it below:
1. Elements of the Front Cover: The front part of your cover contains two of the most basic elements that any greeting card must contain, which is a text and an image. Often combined, the two must be able to effectively catch the attention of the receiver that once he or she receives it, he or she will read it immediately. The front cover must also set the tone of what’s inside the card.
2. Elements of the Inside Message: The inside message of your Christmas greeting card would normally contain the text, which is your message, but this does not mean that you should not add some graphic elements because you surely can. Christmas greeting may contain additional inside panels and additional pages for you to place more contents.
For store-bought Christmas greeting cards, it would usually contain quotes and a blank page where you can write your personal message. This is why it is also encouraged to make use of a Christmas greeting card template where you can personalize your Christmas greeting card without having to totally start from zero.
3. Elements of the Back Cover: The back cover varies on how you want it and whether you bought it or not. For store-bought Christmas greeting cards, this part usually contains the name of the greeting card company who made and produced it as well as their company logo, copyright notice, contact information, and oftentimes the price.
If you are going to create a Christmas greeting card for business purposes, it is important that you should include your brand identity. But if you are just going to create one for personal reasons, you may just include additional text and images and you may also just leave it blank.
Making a Christmas greeting card may sound too easy—just like how you can create a typical birthday greeting card—but if you are not familiar with the steps on how to create one, then you will surely mess things up. With that, we have listed below the steps on how to make one.
1. Determine your purpose: Even in creating as simple as a Christmas greeting card, it is still important that you will know your purpose for creating one. It is in knowing what you want that will help you determine how your Christmas greeting card will look like in its final form.
2. Choose your style, theme, or concept: Ensure that you will set the mood of your Christmas greeting card through the style, theme, or concept that you are going for on your Christmas greeting card. Since it is a “Christmas” greeting card, you should obviously be festive enough to set the possible mood of the receiver upon receiving it during the holidays.You may also see floral greeting card examples
3. Pick suitable and relevant graphics: Do not just add whatever graphics you can think of on your Christmas greeting card. And since it’s a Christmas greeting card, add Christmas-related elements that would also help in implying your purpose of sending a greeting card. The graphics element of greeting card will add so much to the impact of your Christmas greeting card, so you must never overdecorate it.
4. Add your written content: Right after picking your preferred graphics or the visual content of your Christmas greeting card, you can then proceed to deal with the written content you would like to include on your written content. For store-bought Christmas greeting cards, one inside part of your greeting card may contain a quote while the other inside part may just be blank where you can add in your personal message.
5. Decide on a readable font: There is a tendency where people would choose cursive, fancy, and almost unreadable fonts especially in creating greeting cards such as Christmas greeting cards. Your choice of font style is very important since it may affect how the readability of your Christmas greeting card. Also ensure that it would coincide to style, concept or theme that you are going for on your Christmas greeting card.
6. Review and edit your work: Do not break or dampen the Christmas spirits of the receivers of your Christmas greeting card by forgetting to edit your work. Make sure that you are going to thoroughly review and edit the work you have done on your greeting card before having it printed. Double-check every single text you write on it and make sure that the graphics are correctly placed on your greeting card. Also take a look at printable greeting cards.
Creating Christmas greeting cards is perhaps one of the greeting card types that are extremely easy to make along with anniversary greeting cards. But you can always step up your game by considering other tips and techniques in creating one. Below, we have listed some easy tips that can surely add more spice to your Christmas greeting card.
1. Do not be bothered with your editing tools—let your creativity do the action. You do not need the latest version of your editing software to get its special features just to create a Christmas greeting card. Simplicity can a very go long way when it comes to designing a greeting card and the current version of the editing software that you have now is just sufficient. What you need to do is just deal on how you can make most of your creativity, because, really—it’s all on you.
2. Check out how other people create their Christmas greeting cards. If you feel stuck in determining how you are going to create your Christmas greeting card, do consider checking out how other people have designed theirs. You are not encouraged to copy their work with this tip, in fact, this will help you activate your stuck brain and create your own since, chances are, you will get excited and inspired after getting to check out other people’s work. You may also see funny greeting cards
3. Do not do well so much on the visual aspect—invest more in what message you are going to write. Most people would get too invested in the visual aspect of a greeting card when in fact, the only thing that they should keep their focus on is the message it intends to deliver. No matter how wonderfully designed your greeting card is but the message you have written on it is meaningless, your purpose of sending a Christmas card remains pointless.
4. Consider making use of Christmas greeting card templates. Since you are encouraged not to dwell too much on the design of your Christmas greeting card, one of the best ways to make sure that you will also not to compromise the visual aspect of your Christmas greeting card, it is also encouraged for you to use a ready-made but well-designed Christmas greeting cards. Check out some blank greeting card templates to get you started.
In this article, as you may have already seen, contains various Christmas greeting card examples, templates, and design ideas that you can definitely use, depending on what concept you are going for on your Christmas greeting card.
A Christmas greeting card is one kind of a greeting card that one can send on special events and holidays. It bears the expression of feelings and sentiments of the sender toward its sender through a personal message, an optional quote, and other related imagery and decorative elements.
Despite living in the digital world when one may think that greeting card is already irrelevant, tangible Christmas cards will always be one of the best where one can express his or her gratitude and feelings especially during the Christmas season and even with other holidays.
The Christmas season is one of the best holidays when you express your appreciation to the people around and sending out a Christmas greeting card using one of the Christmas greeting card examples, templates, and design ideas that we have here in this article can make your expression of appreciation memorable and one-of-a-kind.
Are you now ready to create your very own Christmas greeting card? Just keep in mind that creating a customized Christmas greeting card will mean so much to your receivers since no store-bought card can match to it. For more Christmas-related articles, you may also check out these Christmas invitation examples, templates, and design ideas.