Among the most anticipated and celebrated events of the year is the new year. It is the time when people build a New Year’s resolution—trying to accomplish a personal goal, improve their lives, or change an undesired trait. Moreover, it is also the time of the year when there are various events and activities in malls, downtown areas, and other public places.
Given that there are a lot of event promotions anywhere in your area, how then will you promote your own event and make it stand out from the rest so that people will come to your event? A well-designed New Year Poster can surely help. In this article, provided are examples and templates that will surely inspire and help you in creating your own poster.
It is almost the end of the year and you are about to launch your event before New Year’s day. You need to create an event poster right away to promote your event, but you do not know where and how to start. Well, don’t worry. You can start by identifying the elements that comprise a New Year poster, and these are as follows:
1. Title: For the poster title, it must be clear and easily understandable by the reader. Moreover, it must also be something that would draw people’s attention into reading the whole thing. More often, people will get interested to know more about the details of your event when they first get hooked with your title. Hence, the title plays a huge part in creating interest and expectation from the reader. So, make sure that you are creating a title striking enough to entice your target audience.
2. Location: When people get interested with the poster title, they would immediately want to know where would the event be held. The more they think they can access the location, the higher the chance of their participation. Thus, it is important that you choose an appropriate location, the one that is easily accessible by your target audience.
3. Date and time: Besides location, another information needed by the reader are the date and time. It is important that you clearly specify the date and time because it is one of the deciding factors whether or not they will attend your event. You may also include the day such as as follows: Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
4. Branding: It is important that you incorporate your branding in your poster in order for the people to identify and get to know the organization or company behind the event. In this way, your organization name will be advertised, leading to an increased brand awareness and brand familiarity. Note that people will trust you more if they become familiar with your branding. Hence, include your company name or logo design in your poster.
5. Contact information: Another important information that must be included in your poster is your contact details such as your phone number, email address, social media account, or website. Your contact information is important in order for people to reach out to you and communicate their queries, comments, reservations, among others.
6. High-quality images: Last but not the least, it is important that you include images, photos, graphics, or illustrations in your poster in order to enhance people’s understanding and to help them easily interpret your message. Most of the time, graphics would aid people to know immediately about the event even without reading the whole text. They are also among the factors that would make your poster eye-catching. You may also see advertising poster design
Whether you are creating a formal campaign poster or a creative concert poster, knowing the basics in poster creation is a must. Well, creating a poster is not really as difficult as you think. Now that you already know the elements that comprise a New Year poster, you may start creating your own now or choose a template. Here are simple steps that might help you:
1. Decide on the poster format: Firstly, you must decide on the format of your poster including the page orientation and size. Choose a format that could maximize the functionality of your poster. Also choose a size that you think is the most suitable for your purpose. More on size guides are discussed on the later part of this article.
2. Conceptualize and brainstorm: Next, conceptualize on the style and presentation of your poster. Establish the purpose of your poster, and from there, you can decide on what designs and graphics you can incorporate as well as the visual impact you intend to give to your audience.
3. Use a template or start from scratch: After brainstorming and gathering ideas regarding your design, you may opt to use a template or you may start from scratch. There are a lot of templates available on the internet; some are free to use while others require payment. On the other hand, if you have time to design on your own, you may start from a blank canvas. You may also see concert poster examples.
4. Edit or incorporate the elements: If you are using a template, you can edit the template and incorporate the elements in your poster. Meanwhile, if you are starting from scratch, make sure that you include all the important elements stated in the previous section—title, location, date and time, branding, contact information, and high-quality images.
5. Try different arrangements: After incorporating the necessary elements, you can try experimenting different arrangements for your elements. Ensure that all of those elements do not overlap and can be clearly seen.
6. Proofread and finalize: Lastly, finalize your work and proofread to spot any errors. Also double-check if your date, time, and other numbers written are correct.
By now, you already have the idea on the poster creation process as well as the elements comprising a poster. However, there is more to designing an excellent poster. You need to work on the aesthetics of your poster in order for it to become eye-catching and stand out from the rest. Here are some helpful tips:
One of the amazing qualities of a poster is that it is comprised of both graphics and text which, when arranged properly, can definitely catch people’s attention. It is a way of giving information and communicating to people. Depending on a poster’s functionality, a New Year poster can be categorized into different types which are as follows:
Posters come in different sizes, and it is the discretion of the organization creating the poster on what size they are going to use for their poster. But commonly, here are the typically used sizes for posters:
During this time of the year, it is expected that a lot of activities and events will be organized and held anywhere especially in public places in order to gather people to attend the event. If you are one of the organizers of New Year events, you have to make sure that a lot of people would attend your event. In order to do so, you need to have promotional materials to inform people about your event. A poster is proven effective in delivering the message to an intended audience. Hence, it is commonly used by advertisers to reach their target market.
There are various applications you can find on the internet that you can use to create a poster. There are those that require registration while there are those that are free of charge. Here are some commonly used applications that you can try: Canva, Poster+, Notegraphy, Poster Maker & Poster Designer, Poster Maker, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.