Essay writing. Every student knows that essay writing could be both fun and exhausting. But of course this differs on how you approach this type of activity. High school students can relate to the idea that essay writing can be difficult if you have no idea how to construct one. But no worries, here are some 4+ short essays for high school examples. May it be for a scholarship essay, an argumentative essay or an informative essay.
4+ Short Essay for High School Examples
1. Sample Short Essay for High School
2. Short Persuasive Essay for High School
3. Short Informative Essay for High School
4. Short Argumentative Essay for High School
5. Short Scholarship Essay for High School
Defining Informative Essay
This type of essay educates the audience about the topic you chose to write about. The function of this essay is to define a word, to analyze, and to differentiate. An informative essay as the name implies gives out factual information that your readers are interested in knowing.
Defining Argumentative Essay
An argumentative essay is a type of writing which expects the author to examine a subject, to collect and to evaluate what information they have got. This type of essay makes the author break apart what they have got and to dissect the information.
Define Scholarship Essay
A scholarship essay is a kind of essay writing that scholarship applicants write to prove to the committee why they deserve to receive the scholarship. It showcases the applicant’s personality, future dreams and their academic history. It also shows their history of their academic rewards.
Tips on Writing a Scholarship Essay
To write the perfect scholarship essay, one must follow the following steps to do so.
- Think: Before you start to write a perfect essay, think about it. What do you want to talk about in your scholarship essay. When you are done, the next step to do is to make a draft.
- Draft: Make a draft of your essay. A draft can help you with how you want to construct your essay and what you wish to put there.
- Information: State the things you wish to say. State why you think you believe you deserve that scholarship. Show off your talent and skills. This is where you are going to sell yourself through writing.
- Tone: Do not forget to make your tone sound professional. You may just be writing an essay, but remember that this essay is your key to getting that scholarship. Do not sound too cocky when you write nor do not sound like you are unsure of why you want this scholarship. Let it be neutral and professional at the same time.
Tips on Writing an Argumentative Essay
- Do your research: Before you write your argumentative essay, do your research. Remember that this type of essay you must give facts. So, the first thing you should be doing is research your subject.
- Write a draft: Just like writing the scholarship essay or any type of essay, start with a draft. This is where you are able to see the flaws in your writing and avoid it when you begin with the actual writing.
- State your purpose: State the purpose of your argument. Why are you writing this? Also you must learn to defend that argument? You should be ready to expound on the subject that you chose to write about.
- Think the way your readers think: This tip is to help you understand your essay in your readers’ point of view. Put yourself in their position and read your essay. If you cannot understand your essay, neither can your readers. Please revise it.
- Add some quotes to your essay: Add a few famous quotes from people who support your essay or whose messages parallel with your thoughts.
Tips on Writing an Informative Essay
- Research: Do your research. Writing informative essays, you must always do some research before anything else.
- Put the correct information
- Expound on the information you entered
- Make a conclusion
Is it a requirement to write all your academic achievements in a scholarship essay?
You may write it if you wish, but it is not necessary. Writing your academic achievements is just a plus for the scholarship committee to see that you have achieved some things that can be proud of.
When writing the argumentative essay, do I really need to choose a side in the argument?
Yes. To see where you stand.
Why is it important to do research before writing an informative essay?
An informative essay is an educational essay. Research must be done to show the readers that what you are talking about is factual and true.
Regardless of what type of essay you may be writing about, just remember to follow the tips. Whether it may be a scholarship essay, an informative essay, or an argumentative essay. Happy writing.