Any student can and will tell you that once in their school life, they have encountered an application essay. Whether it is for an organization, a scholarship, an institution or for student council, application essays would always be something common among them. Even for middle school students, they are introduced to the prospect of filling out an application essay. This article will help you with that. So jump right in.
Definition of Application
An application is a legal and official request done through word of mouth or through writing.
Definition of Application Essay
An application essay is a type of essay often called a personal essay or personal statement. This is written by the applicant whether for scholarship or for an organization they wish to join in.
Importance of Application Essay
An application essay is your opportunity to tell everyone about you. It is your time to shine and show how different you are from others. It is your way of showing to the right people that you are compatible for the job or the position you are applying for. May it be for president in school, a leader in your chapter or community, or even for student council.
1. Middle School Application Essay Template
2. Central Middle School Application Essay
3. Sample Middle School Application Essay
4. Middle School Scholarship Application Essay
5. Middle School Student Council Application Essay
6. Middle School Application Essay in PDF
Tips on Filling out Application Essays
As there are a lot of uses for an application essay and application form, the tips would be for both. The first few tips would be for the application form followed by the application essay.
To fill out an application form, the first thing you must do or remember is:
- Read everything: Read the directions before answering anything. This is often taken for granted and often times, applicants who do not follow the directions get their applications denied. So as to not let that happen, read everything before answering the following questions needed in the form.
- Write in block letters: Avoid writing in cursive. Block letters are not only formal to look at, they are also easy to read and understand.
- Avoid erasures: As much as possible avoid erasures. Not only will it be difficult to read, some people in different organizations would often tell you to avoid making erasures. To avoid this, make a draft on a different paper or ask questions if you do not understand.
- Review: Review everything. Check if you have answered everything on the form and have not left a single one unanswered.
To write out an application essay:
- Think: What are you planning on writing about. If you are given a topic, what do you want to expound about it? Brainstorm some ideas before you write it out. Your application essay is your ticket to showing how good you are, so it’s best to think.
- Draft it: Once you are done with brainstorming ideas, make a draft essay using an extra paper. Write down your ideas. It doesn’t matter if they are simply phrases or a word. This helps with constructing your sentences easier and for you to formulate a better essay.
- Tone: When writing, your tone for your essay has to be professional. Also, this essay is to persuade the right people to accept your application. Do avoid arguing in your essay. Give out some right information and persuade them but do not make your essay into an argument. That destroys the whole point of writing your essay.
- Word Count: Do not make your essay too wordy or too short. Follow the directions as to how many words they are asking you to write for your essay. It will not disqualify you but it may deduct your points.
- Revise: If you have time or if you can make time, revise your essay. Check for some misspelled words, check the punctuations and your grammar.
What is the word count for an application essay?
A minimum of 500 to 650 words. This gives you enough to expound on your topic.
Why is it important to write an application essay?
To showcase your talent and skills. This is to show them and to give them information about you. This is your way of proving that you are the right fit for what position you are applying for.
Can I introduce myself in my application essay?
Yes. The best way to introduce yourself is to make it creative.
Application essays are used when you want to apply for a position in school or a scholarship. Be honest when writing your essay. But also, be as creative and give the right information like your introductory paragraph.