Whether you are going to college, applying for a scholarship, or going through your internship with the course you chose, there will always be an application essay. The reason for this is because you are writing to apply to either a school, a fund or a practice job. Your employer, the committee, or the institution would want to get to know even a bit about you. This happens through the application essay. Listed below are 10+ Application Essay Examples you can choose and download from. As well as tips to writing an application essay to wow the right people.
1. Application Essay Template
2. Harvard’s Open-Ended Application Essay
3. Educational Application Essay
4. Application Essay for Pharmacy School
5. College Students Application Essay
6. Student Teaching Application Essay
7. College Application Essay
8. Standard Application Essay
9. Internship Application Essay
10. Management Fellows Application Essays
11. Application Essay Brainstorming
An essay is a type of literary writing that is written to persuade someone to do or to believe in something or to give facts to an audience over a topic.
Uses for an Essay
To use words to make it easier to understand and discuss topics in a manner that is easier for people.
Uses for an Application Essay
There are a lot of uses for an application essay. Here are some below:
- Scholarship: Scholarship committees often ask their applicants for an application essay. This is to see if the applicant fits the criteria for the scholarship. To know this, they read your application essay.
- Job Interviews: Future employers like to use application essays to view a future employee. Often than not, they prefer to read what you have to say in the application essay more than the interview. It is easy to explain through talking, but it is often difficult to write down why you wish to apply for this job. This is where they test to see if you are fit for the company.
- High School
Tips to Write a Good Application Essay
You can ask anyone on how they did their application essay and they would tell you it takes time and practice. But what if you have no time to practice, what are you going to do? So here are some tips to help you on how and what to write in an application essay.
- State your purpose: State the reason of your applying. May it be for internship, scholarship, for high school or university. When writing the application, do not forget to add some details as to why you believe you are a good fit. State some of the criteria they are stating and place some you believe you have. Be honest in your reasons.
- Make a draft: Before starting with the final application, start with drafting one. This helps with formulating your thoughts. What to add and what to avoid.
- Length and word count: Keep your application essay not too short nor too long. Watch the word count as well. You usually find the directions on top before you are able to write the application essay. As long as your word count is not below 300 nor above the maximum word count that is instructed, you’re fine.
- Tone: Keep your tone at a professional level. Do not be too hasty with your writing nor too proud and state you are the best. Chances are, they would not appreciate this and your application may be void.
- Review your work: Before passing your essay, review it. Check your grammar, spelling and your punctuation marks. This can also affect your chance as most people are very particular about this.
How important is it to write an application essay?
Whether you are a student applying for a scholarship, applying to go to high school or college, or even an intern, application essays are everywhere. This is where people in charge would see if you fit the criteria they are looking for. This is basically where you talk about yourself and your achievements.
What are the important details to add in an application essay?
Your reason. It may depend on why you are writing the application essay but the most important is your reason for it.
I want to apply for a scholarship but I do not know what to write in my application essay, what can I do?
Make a draft. This way, you are able to write down your thoughts. This is an easier way to train yourself to think what to write about. You are able to let your thoughts flow and add or delete what you think is no longer necessary.
Application essays can be difficult especially when you are told to write on the spot. But this problem can be solved. Drafting something first before making the final piece can help you with writing what you should write to impress them. Think and draft. Breathe as well. Application essays are basically a way for your audience to see even a glimpse of the person you are and see if you are the perfect fit for what you are applying for. Good luck on that essay.