30+ Plan Examples & Templates – Word, PDF, Apple Pages
A variety of plan examples are used by big companies, small businesses, and start-ups to make sure that they can focus on particular areas of their operations that can affect their sales and overall corporate or business performance.
Plan examples can be done accordingly and appropriately if organizations will use templates that can guide them in the development and formatting of the specific plan that they need. Being able to come up with relevant and highly functional plans can allow any kinds of businesses to achieve particular goals and get into desired milestones.
Elements of a Comprehensive Plan
Listed below are some of the most important elements of a basic plan used by business and other corporate organizations or entities.
- The title of the plan and the purpose of its creation
- The entities who are responsible for particular call to actions
- The activities that are needed to be done for the plan to be fulfilled
- The key variables that must be considered when listing down plans of action
- The metrics that will be used for the plan’s evaluation and/or results assessment
- The time frames in which specific efforts should be exerted or the timeline that will be followed for the step-by-step execution of the plan
- The entire duration of the plan implementation and the date in which plan results are expected to be observed
- The desired results once the plan has already been incorporated to the business operations or certain corporate processes
10+ Plan Template Examples
Dance Studio Business Plan Template
Available File Formats
Fitness Center Business Plan Template
Food Truck Business Plan Template
Franchise Business Plan Template
Hair Salon Business Plan Template
Home Evacuation Plan Template
Health and Safety Plan Template
Hotel Sales Plan Template
30 60 90 Day Action Plan Template
Marketing Plan Chart Template
Project Communication Plan Template
Weekly School Plan Mind Map Template
Construction Health and Safety Plan Template
Business Plan Presentation Template
Available File Formats
Patient Care Plan Template
Nursing Action Plan Template
Task Force Operational Plan Template
Operational Plan Template
10+ Plan Examples
Fire Emergency Plan Example
Available File Formats
Sales and Campaign Plan Example
Construction Management Four Year Plan Example
Amusement Park Plan Example
Strategic Master Plan Example
Event Plan Example
Campaign Plan Example
Communications and Marketing Plan Example
Library Operational Plan Example
Operational Plan Example
How to Create a Plan
From a simple workout planner template up to an in-depth and thorough corporate sales plan format, there are different layouts that can be used to create a plan. Selecting the most appropriate and best layout for your content discussion can help your plan to be a success. The simple step-by-step process that can be useful as a reference once you decide to create a particular plan for your business is listed and discussed below.
- Meet the team that you will be working with and specify the usage of the plan.
- Consider the current condition of the business and the things that you would like to change or improve with the help of the plan that you will make.
- List down all the call to actions that can help you bridge the gap between the current and desired conditions of your business.
- Finalize your plans of action and come up with strategies and tactics that can help you realistically implement your action plans.
- Designate work processes and ensure that there will be point persons that will be responsible for providing specific deliverable.
- Know the time that it will take for the plan to materialize as well as the resources that you need so that you can completely execute your action steps.
- Finalize the plan that you have developed and know whether there are still changes to you need to incorporate so that you can polish the document’s content and format.
Tips and Guidelines for Plan Development
A plan, no matter what its content is, as long as well-prepared and properly developed, can help organizations achieve their goals and objectives. Some of the tips that you can refer to for the development of a specific plan include the following:
- Envision the results that you would like to achieve once the plan has already been implemented.
- Properly format the plan so misleading information will not take place as it can lead to disputes and misunderstandings.
- May it be a home renovation project plan, a franchise business plan, or a workforce attendance plan that you are making, ensure that you will refer to the templates and examples that we have provided so that it can be easier and faster for you to develop the document that you particularly need.
Types of Plans
As we have mentioned in the discussion above, there are various kinds or types of plans that are used by businesses in different circumstances or for different purposes. With this, you have to be aware and specific with the kind of plan that you are making so you can appropriately develop the format and content of the particular plan that you are tasked to create. A few types of plans that your business can use include the following:
- An operational plan is used by organizations to ensure that all the areas of its operations are considered, looked into, and evaluated. Operational plans help businesses come up with call to actions that can improve the future performance of the company which is commonly centered on sustainability and profitability.
- A sales plan is developed so that the sales team of the business can have a reference with regards the direction that they need to take. Standard sales plans usually contain information about the group quota that the sales team is expected to reach, the individual sales quotas of each associate or executives, the results of the current sales efforts of the business, and the ways on how the sales performance of the company can be improved.
- A marketing plan helps establishments to ensure that they are targeting the right market and that there is enough marketing activities and efforts that can allow the business to remain its relevance and visibility in the marketplace. An impressive marketing plan can help companies target new customers, penetrate new market segments, widen their demographic reach, and take care of existing clients.
- A project plan, an IT project plan as an example, is used for programs and undertakings that are not included in the daily operations of the business. This document is created so that the divisions or departments of the company who are involved in a particular project can identify the things that they need to achieve and the deliverable that they need to provide. On the other hand, a project plan can also refer to planning documents that are used by project managers especially in the field of construction.
Paper Sizes of Planning Documents
A common or usual plan used by businesses is set at A4 size or US size (8.5×11 inches). The reason for this is that the specified sizes are considered as the standard business sizes of documents used in corporate undertakings and professional transactions. Even a lot of branding plan template examples and other kinds of planning materials are in this paper size to ensure that the discussion of the document’s content is business-appropriate.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about plans and how these documents are used by businesses from different industries:
What are different kinds of plans in the business industry?
Some of the plans that are used by different businesses in various industries include marketing plans, attendance plans, emergency plans, sales plans, management plans, operational plans, and project plans. Aside from these plans, there are still a lot of planning documents that can be used for a wider range of business processes.
How can planning documents help businesses?
There are many ways on how a planning document can provide benefits and advantages to businesses. Each of these plans have different ways of helping a business. As an example, a marketing consulting business plan helps consultants to provide an idea of what they can provide to businesses. All in all, planning documents allow companies to be more prepared for the future of their operations. These documents also allow companies to come up with call to actions that can continuously strengthen the business while improving its weak or gray areas.
Are you ready to create a plan? It will be a big help if you will look into a variety of references like existing plans so you can widen your knowledge and perspective on how you can finalize your own plan draft.