13+ Planner Templates & Examples in InDesign
Life can get pretty crazy. No, scratch that—life is, without a doubt, crazy. Even if you have a daily routine, this does not mean that the events of your day will repeat the next day because no day can ever be the same. With all the possible things that can happen in your day, you might also possibly get overwhelmed with it all. This is why it is best to keep a planner that will allow you to keep track of the various tasks, events, and other activities that you have to deal with within a day, a week, a month, and even within a year.
Whether it’s just a nail care appointment, to catching up with old friends, right down to doing the laundry, there is never a wrong purpose to start using a planner. In this article, we have different designs of planners that you can use for whatever purpose you want it to serve. We have also provided some discussions on the creative elements you can incorporate in your planner as well as some guidelines and tips on how you can make your very own planner.
Creative Elements of a Planner
Aside from the basic elements such as the calendar, there are other creative elements that you can incorporate in your planner to make it look more bearable and less overwhelming to deal with on a daily basis.
1. A habit tracker: Did you include drinking water, saving up money, spending less, sleeping early, and waking up early as part of your new year’s resolutions? Including a habit tracker in your planner can help you with that as this will allow you to keep track of how far you are with your progress with the positive habits you want to implement in your life. You can also use this tracker should there be habits that you want to get rid of as well.
2. Daily memories: There might be some small events in your life that you might want to reminisce someday. Keeping track of your daily memories in your planner is not only a good way for you to keep such memories safe but this also has a therapeutic effect because it is one way of relieving stress. It also helps in keep track of your daily memories that you will be able to have something to refer to in case you forget something important. You may also see workout planner examples.
3. An inspiration page: In order to keep going strong with your life, you have to keep yourself inspired. One way of doing so is to include an inspiration page on your very planner. Dedicating one spread in your planner for your inspiration page can already do much. You can write or paste images of your all-time favorite inspiration quotes, movie lines, poems, books, and even from your own written composition to keep yourself inspired to continue being productive and driven.
4. Bucket lists: Do you have a bucket list kept just kept in your head? Then maybe it’s time for you to put it on paper, particularly your planner so you will finally have a clear idea on what you should be doing with your life, that is if you have no idea. There is a possibility that your bucket list might change so it is really a good idea that you should be writing it down to easily see how many bucket list points you have fulfilled.
6. Pictures: Contrary to what other people would say about adding photos in planners is just a distraction, adding photos in your planner is actually the best way for you to even make your planner more creative. You can keep your memories safe plus it can also be a good additional design element that will elevate the entire look and feel of your planner.
7. Daily affirmations: If you are capable of loving, then you should prioritize loving yourself first before anything else. One way of showing that you do is by writing down your daily affirmations to keep all those negative thoughts at bay. Additionally, these can serve as your combat to anything that can harm your mental health in some way. Keep in mind that self-care and self-love are extremely important and it is never wrong to acknowledge good things about yourself.
13+ Planner Templates in InDesign
Event Planner Template
Financial Planner Template
Mental Health Planner
Monthly Goal Planner
Monthly Planner Template
Morning Routine Planner
Restaurant Business Planner
Small Business Planner
Student Study Planner
Teacher Planner Template
Wall Planner Template
Weekly Meal Planner
Weekly Planner Template
How to Use Planners Effectively
Planners may be the best way to make sure that you will not forget anything and that you will accomplish almost everything that needs to be accomplished. But a planner can only be effective if you are going to actually use it. Below are the ways that can help you using planners effectively.
1. Conduct a daily planning session: Find some time within your day wherein you should set aside time to have a planning session. This allows you to reboot your mind and easily remember the things that need to be done. It is through a daily planning session that you will less likely forget anything such as meetings, appointments, events, and other important activities.
2. Conduct weekly planning session: Aside from your daily planning session, you also have to have weekly planning sessions so you will easily see all of your plans for the week ahead of you. This is where you can plan out broad tasks that you still could not give a specific day as to when you should be accomplishing it. It can be doing the laundry, catching up with your old friends, and clearing the cabinets and counters.
3. Do not get intimidated using the monthly section: If you think that using the monthly section is intimidated due to its broad scope, then know that you shouldn’t be because using the monthly section of your planner is the best way where you can get a bird’s eye view of all of the tasks that you need to accomplish within the entire month that is already considered as automatic such as the birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, bills payment, and a lot more. You may also see study planner examples.
4. Just use a single planner for everything: Do not make things complicated by having more than one planner for your daily tasks because you can seriously just have it all in one, compact planner. If you find it overwhelming, you can always make use of color coding to have better separation and for you to easily identify a certain task just by taking a glance at it.
5. Make concrete and specific steps: Avoid making vague details on your planner such as writing “HR manager” instead of “Email HR manager about filing an LOA.” Even if you are writing your own planner, it is still important that you will be specific of your activities. As mentioned, planners can help you in remembering things especially if you are a forgetful person. How can your planner help you remember things when you have written broad details in it?
6. Check your planner more than one time: Avoid the mistake of just checking your planner after the day ends. You have to check your planner from time to time to see whether you still have pending tasks to do or if you have already made progress with some of your tasks. Do not just leave your planner in your room because along with your forgotten planner will be your forgotten plans. Always bring it in your bag when you leave like how you would bring your wallet and phone wherever you go.
7. Don’t stress about filling it up: You may get disturbed if you can see that there are some parts of your planner that are empty. Do not worry too much about having it filled up for the sake of just filling it up. You are lucky enough to have a break amidst your busy days. If you are going to push yourself to be always busy, you will surely feel burnt out and eventually, you will lose interest in your planner and in planning altogether.
Types of Planners
There are three common types of planners: daily planner, weekly planner, and monthly planner. Learn more about these types below.
1. Daily planner: A daily planner contains most of the short-term tasks that you have to complete within the day. This type of planner is more detailed and specific compared to weekly planners.
2. Weekly planner: Compared to a daily planner, this type of planner is a bit less specific. These would mostly contain the tasks that can be quite broad that you still do not know where to exactly place it within the week.
3. Monthly planner: Most of the contents found in a monthly planner are those events and occasions that do not really change as much as other events such as anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays.
What is a planner?
A planner is a management and organizational tool that can help you in effectively putting your daily agenda in order. Aside from that, it can also help you in keeping track of all of your goals and even accomplishments of your life. Planners are known to keep you posted of any of your upcoming tasks that have to be complete before its due date.
Why is having a planner important?
Planners are something that all different kinds of people (with different struggles) from different walks of life can surely make use of. Even though you can live without being dependent with it, planners can make anyone’s life much easier and more organized than it usually is. Aside from that, planning is a good way to make good and positive habits that you can really benefit from. You may also see itinerary planner examples.
Who can make use of planners?
As mentioned, planners can be made utilized by different people (with different struggles) from different walks of life. If you have already acknowledged the fact that you are a forgetful person, you will really find planners useful and important in your life. If you have already known that you were ever an organized and prepared person, perhaps planners can turn your life around and help you become someone better. If you find it hard to focus on one task in a day or if you have a difficulty to focus to at least one task at a time, planners can totally aid you in managing your time effectively.
What makes a planner effective?
Stay true to your plans. Keep it as updated as possible. Apply the necessary questions to keep posted. Be flexible so you will still be available for any changes that might happen along the way.
Keep track of your progress and be constantly updated with your daily, weekly, and monthly tasks and activities by finally having your own planner. If you still have any difficulty of making a planner from scratch, the ready-made planner examples and templates that we have in this article that you can download freely and edit easily should help you.