It is entirely normal to worry about what the future brings but it doesn’t mean that every normal thing can be good for us. It is in worrying about what tomorrow holds that holds you back from making the most out of what you can do at the present time. But worry no more for there are myriad of ways to help yourself to not to worry too much of the things ahead and one of it is the use of a planner.
So stop worrying over the future and live most of your day with the use of a planner. In this article, we have uploaded various examples and templates of planners along with the steps and tips on how to create one.
Do you want to create a planner design that is one-of-a-kind? Consider incorporating these elements than can help you create a planner that no store-bought one can match and compete against.
1. Milestones, both big and small: Whether you are paving your way toward achieving your long-term goals and short-term goals, you may lose track with both of your small or big victories and that is something you would not want to lose track of. But in the event that you will feel lost along the way, taking down these small or big victories as your milestones on your planner, you will be able to keep yourself inspired all throughout the challenges you will encounter every day in pursuit of your goals.
2. Daily memories: Do you know what makes every single day special? It’s the fact that every day is different. Even if planners are made to keep track of the things you need to do in the future, you can use it to record the significant events that happens to you every single day. Aside from having a record of both of your good days and bad days, it is also one way of keeping you stay on track of your progress toward your goals.
3. Inspirational page: If listing down your milestones is not enough to keep you inspired in your day-to-day activities, having an inspirational page on you planner will work wonders. In your inspirational page, you can include whatever that keeps you inspired and whatever that reminds you to just keep on going. You can add inspirational photos, motivational quotes, and even direct quotations from the people around you. You can also add additional materials such as inspirational postcards where you can just insert easily on your planner.
4. List of your goals: It is entirely natural and normal for every single person to have short-term goals and long-term goals and for such goals to be a constant factor in your lives since some of you may consider these as your driving force to keep on bustling and hustling in this tough world. Adding a list of both of your short-term and long-term goals, you have something to look forward to every single day and that you have something to look into to keep you reminded of the reasons why you started in the first place, as well as your purpose as to why you should keep on bustling and hustling.
Creating a planner is something you do not always do because when you would be in need of a planner, you will most likely buy it, not make it. But when the time comes that you would need to find the need to make one, consider making use of templates. Here are the steps on how to do so:
1. Know what you are going for: Before you dive in and edit a planner template, you must know first what you are going for. Are you going for a minimalist planner or an extremely creative planner? It is in knowing the answers to this question that will help you determine the perfect and right kind of planner template. The answers to this questions mainly revolves around the concept or the theme that you want to go for in your planner.
2. Choose your template: Now that you know what you are going for, it is now time for you to choose your preferred template. In this article, we have provided planner examples and templates that can surely help you out with this step. Each of the planner examples and templates that we have provided here have various design so that means that whatever concept or theme you are going for, the examples and templates that we have here will be of help.
3. Add your contents: It does not mean that the task at hand is done once you decide on a planner template; in fact, it only just begun. Not all templates would contain all the necessary elements that you would need for the planner you are going for even if you have chosen a templates that already suits your concept or theme. Make sure that what you are going to add can indeed help you become organized and on-schedule when you’ll finally be using the planner.
4. Proofread everything: An old adage by Benjamin Franklin that goes “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” can somehow be applied to the art of making a planner. Now, making a planner does not exactly involve the actual planning and plotting process but it is still important to proofread everything you have added on the planner template because it can somehow affect your actual planning an plotting process. Or else, you will surely hear a new adage that goes “If you fail to proofread your planner, you planner will make you fail.”
You might already have encountered someone who bought a planner “to get his or her life get together” only to find out they have only filled at least a month or worse, only a handful of pages. You don’t want to be like them, don’t you? This is why we give you some simple but really effective tips that can certainly help you in making the most out of your planner.
1. Prioritize and highlight important tasks: Sure, you may consider all of your tasks as “important” but there are just some tasks that needs to be done as soon as possible. Your tasks and other obligations that are considered as urgent are the items of your planner that you must always prioritize and highlight so that every time you would glance to your planner, you will notice it immediately and you will easily be reminded of its importance and urgency. You might be interested in monthly planners.
2. Consider adding pictures and illustrations: Gone are the old ways and old days when it is advised that planners must strictly not contain any images as it was previously thought of as a distraction to its user. However, there are some users who have made themselves more efficient at whatever thy are doing because they get to read and see inspiration images on their planners that helped them to keep on going. Allowing an unusual thing to happen, as long as it can actually help, is definitely not a problem at all.
3. Update your planner on a regular basis. As you may already know, change is the only constant thing in this world and that if you will not update your planner on a regular basis, you will surely not keep up with all the important changes. Always consider the fact that there will be a lot of inconveniences and delays that may happen along the way. When such changes occur, make sure to keep track of it immediately or else you will forget it.
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions surrounding planners:
Do you have trouble yourself remember the things you need to do on the next day and even on the very present moment? Do you have a trouble organizing the activities you have within the day according to priority? Worry no more for planners can definitely help you with that. Planners are a great tool that are best used in tracking your activities ahead of time and before you would even forget all about it. It also keeps you organized despite your packed schedule and it also can effectively remind you of all the important meetings and appointments that you will be dealing with in a day or so.
Do you want to live having an unorganized life with no path or direction to follow? Do you want to keep on missing important meetings and appointments? Do you want to miss a lot of opportunities that may have been your stepping stones toward your goals? If a resounding “no” is your answer to the questions posed, you will then realize how important planners are in your life and that in finally having one will you then confirm your realizations.
What makes up an effective planner does not merely rely on all the elements, both basic and creative, that you will put in it. It also does not rely on how well you have designed it. A planner can only then be effective if you are going to act on it. “Acting” on your plan means you will follow and execute what’s written on it and add necessary changes and updates when there is a need to. At the end of it all, always keep in mind that it is not your planner who will do all the work for you but it is actually the other way around.
No matter how beautiful your planner is going to look like after you are done making it, it will still be of no use if you are not going to execute what you have written on it. We hope that you will be able to keep your daily activities well-organized with the use of these planner examples and templates.