Birthdays, graduations, weddings, holidays, resignation, and holidays—these are just a few of the many reasons to give someone, your friends, family, loved ones, and even enemies, a greeting card. Greeting cards are very versatile; they can be used on any occasion and can be sent to anyone. For this reason, greeting cards have been widely used for many years, decades, and even centuries now.
Greeting cards, whether those that are commercially available ones or those that are personally handcrafted, most certainly provide a personal touch to your recipient. We know and understand that conveying emotion in your message is essential in a greeting card; hence, we provide you the most awesome greeting card templates and examples in this article. Check them out below.
Greeting cards have different styles and variations, but no matter the style and format, greeting cards have specific elements comprising them. Some elements may be optional, that is, you may opt to incorporate them or not, but can still contribute to the visual presentation of the greeting card. It can enhance its functionality as well. Here are the typical elements that you can find in a greeting card.
1. Front cover: Every greeting card has a front cover, which can be a photo, text, or a combination of both photo and text. Take your time in creating the front cover because this is the first thing that grabs the attention of your recipient and sets the mood before he or she will read the main message. You may also see floral greeting cards.
2. Inside elements: In a commercially available card, the inside pages are intentionally left blank because it serve as a space where the sender writes his or her personal message to the recipient. However, for some, jokes, quotes, or Bible verses are printed, while others have additional panels and additional pages.
3. Back cover: The back cover of a greeting card typically features the name of the company creating the card together with their company logo and contact details. For personally created greeting cards, you can include your name and personal stamp. Others may leave the back cover entirely blank.
4. Optional parts: For a more visually pleasing and artsy presentation of your greeting card, there are other elements that may be incorporated in your card. These are usually optional, so take time to contemplate if you want to consider including these in your card.
Being creative in your own greeting card will not only make your recipient more special but also give you a sense of satisfaction because you create what you want. Creating a greeting card would be a lot easier with the use of greeting card templates. Here is a simple guide that you can follow in creating a card with the use of a template.
1. Select a template: Consider the mood and personality of the greeting card that you would want to achieve for your recipient. Also, decide whether you make your card casual or formal depending on your relationship with your recipient. From this, you now have a hint on what layout or style is appropriate for your recipient.
2. Choose appropriate colors: It is better to have a color motif when you are creating your own greeting card. The use of minimal colors is highly encouraged, and few colors, maybe two to three, is enough in order to avoid clutter in your greeting card. You may choose colors that complement with each other such red and green or blue and orange, or you may opt to choose a single color for your main theme and use its tints and shades when working for the variations of the colors.
3. Choose appropriate fonts: Fonts and typography really matter to greeting cards just as it would matter to any marketing material. They create an impact in setting the mood of the reader while they read your message. Examples of fonts that are typically used in a greeting card are sans and sans serif fonts. You may use other fonts but always remember to consider the legibility of your message, making sure that your text is still readable even from a distance or if you decrease the size of the font.
4. Be consistent with your design: This does not necessarily mean that your design must be the same throughout your card. This only means that the elements in your design must complement well with each other. For example, the design you incorporate in your front cover may be the same design, or somewhat related, to the design on the inside part of the card as well as in any other areas of your card in order for your card to appear organized. You may also see romantic greeting cards.
5. Express yourself: Write your message by expressing yourself completely on your greeting card. Since cards are to be sent for various occasions or life events, there are a lot of things you can say to your recipients especially when you are creating a casual greeting card.
6. Finalize and seal: Finally, double-check your message as well as your design before placing it inside an envelope. Make sure that there are no incorrect spelling and grammar, and you are contented with the designs you incorporate in your card.
There are people who we respect so much because they serve as our mentors or teachers or coach, while there are also some who we treat as our closest friends. We treat these people different from each other although all of them matter to use. Depending on our relationship with people, cards can be categorized as informal, formal, or multi-use cards.
Greeting cards come in different sizes. The choice of what size to use depends on how much text you want to include in your greeting card or how much space you need to post your photos, illustrations, and other graphics. You are free to decide on the size of your card, but make sure printers would accept your format. Here are the typical sizes of cards that are commonly used by people:
Here are some answers of the frequently asked questions regarding greeting cards.
Greeting cards serve a lot of purposes especially on the lives of people. They are versatile as they can be sent on many occasions and events that may happen in a person’s life. It can be used to greet a person on his or her birthday, graduation, engagement, or weddings. It can also be sent during a person’s start of employment or retirement and in almost all events of his or her life. Even during holidays, sending greeting cards to your families and friends can definitely create an impact on your relationship. Indeed, a greeting card can be used in almost every event, activity, or occasions. You may also see funny greeting card examples.
Similar to the traditional greeting card, an e-card is a form of a greeting card to be sent to an intended recipient. The primary difference is that an e-card is created using digital media instead of a tangible paper or card stock and sent to the recipient via email, hence considered as an environment-friendly solution to cards and are much more versatile than traditional greeting cards. They are also convenient in a way that it can be sent easily to many people at once. It can even be programmed in such a way that it can automatically personalize a greeting card’s recipient by mentioning its name with reference to the recipient’s email address.
Plain greeting cards may be elegant in its own way, but greeting cards with embellishments are striking and eye-catching. Examples of embellishments that you can use for a greeting card are sequins, stickers, gems, woods, ribbons and trims, felt and fabric, metal, buttons, chipboard, paper flowers, and resin. Incorporating these in your greeting card can surely make it more interesting and visually appealing. Check out some of the best greeting card designs that we have.