200,000+ Ready-Made Templates
to Get Your Work Done Faster & Smarter
There are a lot of ways we can express our gratitude. We can directly say “thank you” and we can also accompany our word of thanks with a simple token of gratitude. One of the possible tokens that we can hand to people is thank you postcards.
As the name suggests, thank you postcards are given to the people that we are grateful and thankful for. Thank you postcards are usually given as a return gesture or gift to your loved ones who may have done something for you such as attending your birthday party, anniversary party, and any other similar events. You may also see wedding postcard.
Even if there is definitely no need for you to send a token when you are being thankful and that your word of thanks can sometimes be just enough, it would be best if you have something to give, even if it is just as simple a thank you postcard. You may also see corporate postcard designs.
We have collected fifteen thank you postcards that you can give as a token to the people or loved ones that you want to show your gratitude to.
Most of us would prefer just saying “thank you” to those people we are thankful for and completely forgetting that we could always make use of a gratitude token along with our word of thanks. While this is just all right, what’s alarming these days is that our expression of gratitude sounds less sincere than before—almost robotic and it’s already like a template that we reply with whenever somebody would do us a favor. You may also see restaurant postcard samples.
Most of us now would only express a short and robotic word of thanks through digital platforms such as a text message, a Facebook message or email. What’s worse is that there are some who would only send a GIF or an emoji that simply says “thanks!” with no accompanying personal message! You may also see vintage postcards.
Even if you would just express your gratitude, it is important that you have to at least show sincerity and one simple way is to write our word of thanks on a thank you postcard.
Here are some reasons why thank you postcards matter in order for you to show you sincerity when expressing your gratitude:
We all know that being thankful for just anything can definitely improve our mood and how much more if you would accompany your word of thanks with a thank you postcard? Being grateful means that you would focus on what you have rather than what you do not.
Being thankful is self-promoting that when you keep on being so, it will be easier for you to see and appreciate the things that you already have. There is also a scientific research that shows how gratitude can positively affect the overall well-being of a person which is through the increase of happiness he or she has felt after having expressed gratitude as well as the decrease of depression. You may also check out great tips for postcard marketing.
Giving out thank you postcards can definitely help you stand out because it is not common these days. But this is rather a good thing than not because it helps you stand out, in a good way, among the rest.
For example, you are sending a thank you postcard to a job interviewer after your job interview. You will most likely be remembered by those people because most probably the other interviewees would not actually send a thank you postcard after their interview. Plus, sending thank you postcards has become so infrequent in this digital age that when you would give one, it would definitely create a simple statement.
Even if the advancements in technology made it possible for us to stay connected with our loved ones who are far from us, nothing beats the connection that is created by sending thank you postcards.
By sending thank you simple postcards, you create reals connections and relationships especially that it is a kind of postcard that expresses gratitude. Sure, we can always opt for sending a quick text message or a Facebook message when we express our gratitude to somebody but nothing really beats expressing gratitude through sending thank you postcards because, for the receiver, it means that you took time and effort to thank the person.
In this digital age, note, formal letter, and postcard writing is graduay becoming rare since we there are other easy and quick ways to get our message across the people we want to communicate with.
However this only means that sending one, such as sending a thank you card, will mean so much more to the receiver. It is like a lost art that has been unearthed and revived. When we express our gratitude through the already usual expression of gratitude, such as through a text message, e-mail or Facebook message, it will be easily missed by the receiver with the amount of text messages, e-mails, and Facebook message he or she receives daily. Plus, it gets easily deleted.
Whereas using the traditional ones, like the thank you postcards, it will last longer and you can even use it as a room decoration where you fan display it.
So have you finally decided to create your own thank you postcards? With that here are some tips on how you could create your thank you postcard:
1. Prepare a thick piece of paper that can produce quality images. There are some thick paper that is not image printing friendly. The kind of paper is important in your thank you general postcard making since this enhances the overall quality of your thank you postcard.
2. Think of what you would like to put on the front part of your sample thank you card— be it an image or an attractive typography of a quote about gratitude. Whatever design element you are going to put on your thank you postcard, always make sure that it is of high quality so that it would look good once you would already have it printed.
3. If you have finally decided what you are going to place on the front part of your printable thank you card, you should now decide and begin what you are going to place at the back portion of your thank you postcard which is your personal thank you note or message. You can begin with a greeting and then you can already add your personal thank you note or message after. It is best for you to have your thank you note or message handwritten since it contributes to the overall presentation of your thank you postcard.
Not all of us are gifted with the ability to put our feelings into words. When the feeling of gratitude is filling up your heart that you cannot anymore convey it through words, you can always resort to writing notable quotations from famous and world-renowned personalities. You may also like business postcard examples.
Here are some of the quotes you may include on your thank you postcard. We have also provided quotes that will inspire and evoke your feeling of gratitude. Take note to always quote and credit the owner of the quote even if you are just going to send it for personal matters. You may also check out inspirational postcard designs and examples.
1. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.”—John F. Kennedy
2. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”—Charles Dickens
3. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”—Oprah Winfrey
4. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”—Buddha. You may also see travel postcard designs.
5. “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.”—Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”—A.A. Milne
7. “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” —Alice Walker
8. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” —Henri Frederic Amiel. You may also like event postcard designs.
9. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” —Robert Brault
10. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” —William Arthur Ward
11. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” —Charles Schwab
12. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” —Willie Nelson
13. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” —Dalai Lama
14. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” —Albert Einstein. You may also check out examples of church postcards.
15. “None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” —Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
16. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” —Alphonse Karr
We hope that the thank you postcard examples have helped you in coming up with an idea on how to express your gratitude to your beloved family and friends.