19+ Voucher Templates & Examples in Word
Vouchers are one of the most popular and effective forms of advertising and promotion. They have been around for decades now and they show no signs of stopping. All types of companies, from small enterprises to large corporations, use vouchers on a regular basis.
In this article, we will be helping you create your own voucher. We have provided some examples that you can download for free. We have also provided simple tips so that you can create your own voucher without any difficulty. Read on below!
Elements of a Voucher
Listed below are the elements of a voucher. Make sure to include all the elements when you will be creating your own voucher:
1. Value or advantage: A good voucher is highly dependent on the value or advantage for it to be effective. Without an enticing value, the product simply cannot be sold at a high rate, or even can’t be sold at all. Your voucher should be exciting and should make your customers exciting. Take note that the value or advantage should be clarified in the voucher.
2. Expiration date: As evident in all types of promotional materials, a voucher should also have an expiry date. It will be very costly for the company to allow their vouchers to be used without a limited time period. The expiration date should include the day, month, and year, but depending on the perishability of the product, the month and year should be fine.
3. Terms and conditions: Terms and conditions are an important part of a voucher, but they should not be necessarily be listed in the voucher. Instead, you can list down the terms and conditions in the company website since they are very lengthy. Listing down the terms and conditions will help the costumers understand better the voucher and the product that is being sold.You may also see receipt voucher examples.
4. Serial number: Serial numbers help categorize and segregate the vouchers. Serial numbers also ensure that there is no fraud or illegal duplication of the voucher you give out. Aside from that, it can help you easily authenticate the voucher customers use.
5. Overall design: The voucher’s value or advantage may be an important element in a voucher, but the overall design adds to the aesthetic of the voucher. Basically, a voucher needs to look good for it to be more effective. The overall design includes the images or graphics, colors, and typography. A combination of the three makes the voucher look more attractive, and the costumer will most likely use the voucher if it looks good. Take note that the designs you are going to use should be relevant to your brand or to the product you are selling.
19+ Voucher Templates
Valentine Discount Voucher Template
Restaurant Food Gift Voucher Template
Modern Food Voucher Template
Hotel Voucher Template
Elegant Gift Voucher Sample
Vintage Voucher Design
Travel Voucher Template
Ticket Voucher Sample
Spa Voucher Design
Birthday Voucher Design
10+ Voucher Examples
Kinokuniya Gift Voucher
The Cooden Beach Hotel Voucher
Australian Book Voucher
Eden Tyres Servicing Voucher
A-Saloon Discount Voucher
Shopee Store Voucher
Pizza Hut Voucher
The Beauty Store Gift Voucher
BBQ Aroma Voucher
Simple Tips for an Voucher Resume Layout
Follow these simple tips when creating a voucher resume layout:
- Create the voucher using a graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and the like. Avoid creating the voucher in the word processing software such as Microsoft Word or basic image editors such as Microsoft Paint, Pixelr, or Photopea as the end-product will be of low quality.
- Make sure you emphasize your brand on the voucher; use your company or brand’s colors, official logo and font, colors, etc. Aside from branding, make sure the value or advantage of the voucher is also emphasized.
- Make sure to include the essential voucher elements in the voucher you are creating. The design of your voucher can depend on the season or occasion it will be used for, but for standard vouchers, your branding colors and elements should be the main theme. It will be more accessible on your end if you include a serial number or control number to keep track of the vouchers that customers use. It will also be easier to track your sales if you keep tabs on your control numbers.
- Make sure to proofread the voucher before it will be printed out. Errors, when it comes to image and text placement as well as the typography, should be avoided at all costs. Take note that your customers will no longer use the voucher if they spot glaring errors, which will result in lost revenue for your company.
Steps to Designing a Good Voucher (in Word)
Follow these very easy steps when designing a good voucher:
1. Open a new document: Begin creating your own voucher by opening a new document in Microsoft Word. It is suggested you start from scratch rather than edit the one you created beforehand. It is better to start creating a voucher with a clean slate. In Microsoft Word, there are most likely voucher templates you can use and edit to fit your preference and branding features.
2. Choose a shape: Shapes, together with colors and graphics, add an important visual element to the voucher. To insert a shape in the voucher, click on the Insert tab found on the upper portion of Word. This allows you to view the different drop-down options of a number of shapes you want to insert in your voucher. Choose the shape that you think will look best in your voucher and the shape that will match with the other elements you will incorporate.
3. Decide on the voucher size: Once you have chosen your desired voucher shape, it’s time to choose the desired voucher size. You can set the voucher size in the New tab located at the upper right portion of Word. Select the size you want to use for your voucher. Remember that the standard voucher size is small, so you should not choose a large size from the available size options.
4. Add images and colors: After choosing your preferred voucher size, it’s now time to add the important visual elements in the voucher. The images or graphics you choose should complement with the colors you are going to add in the voucher. Choose images that are relevant to the product or service you are selling. Actually, it is highly suggested that you insert an image of the product or service you are selling so that the voucher will connect immediately with the costumer. In regards to the color, choose colors that match the images you inserted.
5. Type in the necessary text: After adding the images or colors, it’s now time to add the text. You can do this in two methods. First, on the Format tab, click the Insert option and choose the Edit Text option. This will allow you to immediately type out the texts on the shape. However, excess words that don’t fit will not be visible. For the second method, insert a Text Box on the shape so that you can freely layout your content. To do this, go to the Insert option and click Text Box. Drag the text box inside the shape and type away.
6. Proofread: After you have finished, do not print out the voucher just yet. You still have to proofread and make sure the text or image placement is correct. You also have to check if the colors and images complement each other. Make sure to check everything before you print because it will be very costly on your end if you notice errors after you have already printed the voucher.
There are three available sizes you can use for your voucher. Listed below are the sizes you can use:
- 8.3 × 3.4 in
- 8.5 × 4 in
- 3.5 × 2 in
What is a voucher?
A voucher is a small printed piece of paper that entitles the holder to a discount or that may be exchanged for goods or services.
Why is the purpose of a voucher?
A voucher can be used for all seasons and all types of activities. A voucher is made to be used by customers to buy products with some special deal or discount. Depending on what the voucher offers, it can be used to buy or exchange products and/or services or give percentage discounts on certain items. You may also see free voucher examples.
We hope you found this article to be informative as well as helpful when you will be creating your own voucher (in Word).