19+ Voucher Examples, Templates, and Design Ideas
Giving out vouchers is extremely easy but creating one is a whole different story. Creating a voucher can be quite difficult especially for those who are just starting to make one. However, with the use of voucher templates, anyone can actually create a functional and effective voucher for their business—and that includes you!
With that, we have provided you voucher templates to help you get started as well as voucher examples to help you get inspired as you create your own voucher.
Elements of a Basic Voucher
If you want to create a functional and effective voucher, you should at least know the elements of a basic voucher. Every voucher should contain its three core elements, namely the conditions, its expiry or redemption date, and its value or advantages.
- Conditions: These conditions would state the limitations of the voucher. These conditions serve as the rules and regulations that its users or holders should comply in order to avail or make use of the voucher. Whatever conditions you are going to have for your business’s vouchers, make sure that it is of relevance so that your potential customers will have no qualms or whatsoever.
- Expiry or redemption date: Every single advertising and promotional items must always have an expiry date, and that includes vouchers too. Keep in mind that the point of having a voucher is to encourage an immediate sale of your static goods. By having an expiry date, you will create a sense of urgency that will encourage your customers to use your vouchers instead of allowing them to just save it for the rainy days. This will also encourage your customers to see the value and relevance of your voucher, what’s in it for them if they will avail it and what they will lose and miss out on if they fail to use it.
- Value or advantage: Do you know what makes up a good and effective voucher? It’s the value or advantages that its user can get out from availing and making use of the vouchers. It is also important to make them think that they get so much out from it or make them think they got a “steal.”
10+ Voucher Templates
Car Wash Discount Voucher Template
Free Earth Day Voucher
Restaurant Voucher Template
Sample Meal Voucher
Ticket Voucher Template
10+ Voucher Examples
Pizza Hut Cash Voucher
Costco Wholesale Voucher
Domino’s Pizza Voucher
Dunlop Gift Voucher Sample
KFC Voucher Example
Pepsi Movie Voucher
Subway Voucher Example
Uniqlo Gift Voucher
Wendy’s Gift Voucher
Steps to Creating a Voucher Using Voucher Templates
Since we have provided you voucher templates, we might as well teach you the steps on how to create your very own voucher design even with the use of voucher templates.
1. Select your choice of voucher template
We have provided you with various voucher templates here in this article and whatever your business is, make sure that your choice of template is suited to it. In deciding your most preferred voucher template, you should also think of a plan, a theme, or a concept so that when you would finally start editing it, you can be guided.
2. Add your own content
Since you are using a template, not everything in it can be useful for the voucher you had in mind to create. This only means that you have to add your own content added to it. With that, here are some steps that can guide you in adding what contents you might want to add on the voucher template. You may also see discount voucher examples.
- Select your color theme to use. Colors are crucial in every design material and that includes vouchers. Make sure you choose a color theme that also match the colors to your business’s branding.
- Select appropriate design elements. The design elements may include the graphics and pictures that you would like to add on your voucher to make it visually appealing.
- Select your choice of typography. Aside from adding the text, you should also keep in mind how you are going to present these text and that is with the help of your excellent choice of typography.
3. Proofread and edit
Before you head to printing your voucher, hold your horses first because there is still one step that you need to do and that is to proofread and edit whatever content you have added into the voucher template. There might be some errors and mistakes that you do not want to appear on the final print of your voucher.
Tips for a Basic Voucher Layout
Now that you know the steps on how to create a voucher using a voucher template, you might find the need to get a tip or two for you to be guided.
- Aside from using the colors of your business’s brand, make sure that you would also add bright colors to the mix because such kind of colors can really make your voucher design more appealing.
- Do not forget to ensure that the text you are adding is legible enough to read since its users might need to read the terms and conditions written on it.
- Always indicate the expiry date on the voucher and aside from that, do not forget to make it clear enough so that its users will be guided.
- If you want an easier way to follow up and trace your vouchers, it is advised to number every single voucher that you are going to print.
- The value or what the voucher is worth should be clearly indicated because that is what its users are looking forward to when using your vouchers.
- To facilitate and validate every single transaction made by customers who use your voucher, ensure that you have recorded every single essential information you might need.
Types of Vouchers
There are different types of vouchers that you might want to consider using for your business. We have enumerated some of the common types of vouchers below.
- Gift vouchers
- Discount vouchers
- Dinner vouchers
- Spa vouchers
- Hotel vouchers
- Drink vouchers
- Payment vouchers
- Expense vouchers
- Thank-you vouchers
- Spring vouchers
- Prize vouchers
- Birthday vouchers
- Cash vouchers
- Fitness vouchers
- Meal vouchers
The size of your voucher will be under your discretion because it can actually be in any size that you want! But if you want to follow the common and usual sizes, it usually comes in 99mm × 210mm or 3.89 inches × 8.26 inches, and it can also come in a credit card size which is 85mm × 55mm or around 3.5 inches × 2 inches. Here are also other sizes of your business’s vouchers:
- 3 3/8 inches × 2 1/8 vouchers
- 7 inches × 3 inches vouchers
- 8.3 inches × 3.4 inches vouchers
- 8.5 inches × 3.5 vouchers
1. What is a voucher?
A voucher is defined as a piece of document that contains a certain monetary value. Such piece of document can be used for some specific transactions of equally specific products and/or service. In the other branch of business, vouchers are equal as receipts that are used as a form of proof that proves that a transaction has been done. Its use is considered an integral component in the field of marketing.
2. What is the purpose of a voucher?
If you want to promote your business, the use of voucher is a great tool to do so. When you are just starting out, your main goal probably is to attract customers and to encourage them to come back and eventually become your regular, loyal customers. With the help of a voucher, you will surely achieve whatever end goals that you have set for your business especially the goal that is all about gaining more customers. You may also see business voucher examples.
3. What is the importance of vouchers?
As mentioned above, vouchers are an integral component in marketing. But aside from thinking of it solely as a tool for marketing, it can also be a way of expressing your gratitude toward the people who will make your success possible—your customers. For sure, keeping them engaged is your top priority but you will surely think to feel like you should thank your customers for their patronage. And what better way than to give them a promotion?
4. What are the techniques to create a voucher?
If you are a beginner and that you are still struggling in creating your voucher, all you need to do is to study and remember these techniques in order to create even the most basic voucher you can come up with: taking note of its purpose, study your competitor’s behavior, offering irresistible deals, and focusing on the design.
Vouchers may often come in a tiny piece of paper, but once you get to know how important it is and what purpose it serves to its success, you will no longer think twice about have one for your business. Here are more voucher examples that can be of help to you and to the success of your business.