19+ Snapchat Filter Examples, Templates and Design Ideas in PSD
The increasing use of the internet has led to the development of various platforms such as social media examples. From millennials to generation Z, social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have become part of their everyday lives. Now, with the advancement of social media platforms, another popular app has taken the spotlight, Snapchat.
Snapchat is known for its superb filters, the reason why more and more people become hooked to this trendy app. In this article, you can find lots of awesome Snapchat filters as well as some useful related discussion.
Elements of a Snapchat Filter
Creating and applying Snapchat filters are pretty easy as Snapchat is created to be as user-friendly as possible. Even kids who are not yet attending school can create a filter of his or her desire. There are several elements that comprise a Snapchat filter, and these are as follows:
1. Graphics: It is essential that a filter contains graphics or illustrations because they are the main aspect of a filter that catches the attention of the user. It can trigger different reactions and emotions of the viewer. For example, many people find the dog with its tongue hanging out cute, others may find mask-type filter creepy, while others may find dancing hot dog amusing. In all these filters, graphics are incorporated to create life to an image. Many people love to use filters because of the graphics that catches their attention.
2. Texts: While graphics are vital to create a striking filter, texts are also important since there are words that cannot be completely satisfied and explained by graphics. For example, if you are creating a filter for your dog’s birthday, you can include the text “Happy Birthday King Chow” (or any name whatsoever). Text will explain what graphics can’t, so it is vital to incorporate as well texts in your filters. But, this does not mean that every filter must have a text. Of course, there are a lot of filters that require no texts as it would not be appropriate for its design. You may also see advertising marketing examples.
3. Filter type: The type of filter you are using is another important element that you must consider. Before creating a filter, you must first decide on the type of filter you want to make, and from there, build your idea to come up with your ideal filter. More of this filter type will be discussed in the later part of this section.
10+ Snapchat Filter Templates
Bridal Shower Snapchat Geofilters
Baptism Snapchat Geofilters
Dinner Party Snapchat Geofilters
Birthday Snapchat Geofilters Template
Movie Snapchat Geofilters
Bachelorette Snapchat Geofilters
Restaurant Snapchat Geofilters
Kids Party Snapchat Geofilters
Promotion Snapchat Geofilters
Business Snapchat Geofilters
10+ Popular Snapchat Filter Examples
Lancaster Snapchat Filter
Wedding Snapchat Geofilter
Prismatik Design Snapchat Filter
Birthday Snapchat Filter
Last Bomber Snapchat Filter Design
Friend’s Birthday Snapchat Filter
Wedding and Bachelorette Snapchat Filter
Club Snapchat Filter
Country Chic Snapchat Filter
Flower Wedding Snapchat Filter
How to Create a Snapchat Filter
Creating a Filter in the Snapchat App
There are certain instances when we browse through the existing Snapchat filters and found out that none satisfies our need for a specific filter, for example, the celebration of our dog’s birthday or the wedding of our best friend. In this case, Snapchat got you covered. They provide an option where you can create and design your own unique filter that you can use and be satisfied with it. How then will you create your own filter? Here is how you do it.
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. On your camera screen, tap the icon in the top-left portion and this will open your profile.
3. Tap the settings button and go to “Filters and Lenses” and choose “Filters.
4. On the top-right corner of the screen, tap the button to create a new filter.
5. Select what your filter is for or what filter you intend to create, and choose one to get started.
6. You can edit your filter by adding texts and stickers on a certain part of your image. You can choose different colors and fonts for your text. The color palette is on the right-hand side of your screen. You may also see marketing styles.
7. If you want to discard something, you can drag it into the trash.
8. You can also add Friendmoji or your friends Bitmoji. In order to do this, you can tap the search bar and search for two friends you want to feature.
9. Finalize your filter and tap the check button when you are done.
10. Save your filter and create a name for your filter.
11. After, schedule the start time and end time for your filter which can be hours, days, weeks, or more.
12. In order for it to be a Geofilter, map out the area you want your filter to cover. You can drag the points of your Geofence to change the area and pinch your fingers to change the size.
13. Finally, submit your filter and wait for the confirmation or approval of your payment.
Creating a Filter Using Your Favorite Software
You also have the option to create your filter using your favorite software on your computer. The following are the simple steps that may guide you when in your filter creation.
1. In your laptop or desktop, open your preferred editing software.
2. Create a new image with a dimension of 1080×2340 pixels with a transparent background.
3. Create your own filter design on the space. It is suggested that you only use 25% of the top or bottom screen so the image behind will still be visible.
4. Finalize the design of your filter and save your image in PNG to ensure that the background is transparent so that photos or videos can still be visible when you apply the filter.
5. Set the start and end dates as well as the time of your filter. You may also see marketing presentation examples.
6. Draw Geofence covering relevant areas in a few locations. Note that a filter cannot cover more than 5 million square feet.
7. Provide your payment information, submit your filter, and patiently wait for the confirmation.
Important Tips in Creating a Snapchat Filter
Here are some important notes and tips that will provide you extra information that you need in order to create a Snapchat filter:
- In creating the name of your filter, it is better to you choose a name that is easily recognizable.
- Note the price of your filter is calculated based on the size of the location encompassed in your filter, the length of time it would last, and how in-demand the location is at that certain moment. These are the factors that you must consider when you are on a tight budget or you want a lesser cost for your filter. Learn more about Snapchat marketing.
- Always double-check everything before saving or confirming payment because Snapchat cannot refund filters that are created and purchased in Snapchat. However, they can still refund filters that are purchased in your browser.
Types of Snapchat Filter
A lot of people find Snapchat filters convenient and, at the same time, amusing. With the use of filters, one’s face can turn into something beyond one’s imagination. Specific filters include face swap, dog with tongue hanging out, flower crown, and among others. You can see the list of the Snapchat filters below, on the Snapchat FAQs. But, how do you generally classify these filters? There are several types of Snapchat filters that one can use, and the general types are the following:
- Adjustment filters: These pertain to filters that are able to change the brightness values, color, tint, and total levels of the image. These are those filters that can convert colored filters into sepia or black and white, which can be very useful if you want to create a classic or vintage effect to your photo. Additional effects may also be incorporated.
- Blur filters: These are filters or a portion of a filter that can soften a selection or the whole image which is good for retouching or when you want to conceal some parts of the picture. There are some filters that blur a specific area and replace those areas with some graphics.
- Distort filters: Snapchat filters are usually of this type where the image is being distorted or reshaped in order to enhance or warp the face or a certain portion of the image. There are filters that can alter the size of the size, making it look bigger and more anime-ish. There are also those that make your nose appear thinner and longer. Some may even exaggerate the size of one’s mouth making it extra large, filling up the whole space in the head. The jawline is also among the facial features that are commonly distorted.
- Pixelate filters: These filters sharply define an image or a certain portion of the image by lumping the same color values in a pixel, making the image appear smoother and sharper. While there is no particular filter that features only this type, there are a lot of filters that, aside from providing distort filters, for example, will also incorporate pixelate filters.
- Noise filters: There are certain areas in an image that may contain specs of dust and scratches. This can be corrected through the use of noise filters which will remove the problem areas by blending them into the surrounding pixels.
- Render filters: There are a lot of render filters that allow you to create lens flare, cloud patterns, and other lens effects in an image in order to create a new atmosphere or effect in the image.
- Brush stroke filters: These filters provide a painterly look or using different brush and ink stroke effects. These are sometimes being incorporated with distort filters and adjustment filters.
- Texture filters: Filters of this type provide depth or organic look on an image or a certain portion of the image.
- Sketch and artistic filters: These provide a hand-drawn look or an image painted using a traditional media which provides the image a unique look.
Snapchat Filter FAQs
What is a Snapchat geofilter?
Snapchat users probably heard of Snapchat geofilters. But for the sake of those who are unfamiliar with the term, this pertains to photo overlays that go on top of the pictures. They are exclusive and are only available to a certain area over a certain period of time.
How to use Snapchat geofilters?
Since Snapchap geofilters are only available to limited areas for a limited time frame, you need to stay in the area where the geofilter is scheduled. Moreover, you must make sure that you have turned on the location settings for your Snapchat app or else you cannot get any geofilter for that area.
What are examples of basic Snapchat filters?
- High contrast
- Black and white
- Speed overlay
- Temperature overlay
What are examples of classic Snapchat lenses?
- Dog with tongue hanging out
- Classic flower crown
- Puking rainbow
- Face swap
- Extreme sad face
What are examples of beautifying filters in Snapchat?
- Black and white with red lipstick and eyeliner
- Jeweled eyes and pink lipstick
- Scruffy beard and chiseled jawline
- Purple lipstick and tattoos
- Halo and beam of light
What are examples of creepy Snapchat lenses?
- Screaming zombie
- X-ray skeleton skull
- Human-pug hybrid
- Molten plastic mask
- Face on fire
What are examples of amusing Snapchat lenses?
- Cat on head
- Big eyes big mouth
- Bubblegum explosion
- Scuba diver
- Heart eyes
What are examples of Snapchat lenses that give you an alternative personality?
- A pilot with flight goggles
- Grandma glasses and head wrap
- Red riding hood
- Santa Claus
What are examples of animal-related Snapchat lenses?
- Buzzing honey bee
- Glam lion with eyeliner
- Animal ears with glasses
- Rainbow-puking unicorn
- Realistic monkey face
What are examples of food-related Snapchat lenses?
- Face in bread
- Tomato face
- Strawberry head
- Donut face
- Taco face
What are examples of winter-related Snapchat lenses?
- Falling snow
- Snowball slingshot
- Crocheted moose hat
- Ice crown with frozen screen
- Ski goggles