200,000+ Ready-Made Templates
to Get Your Work Done Faster & Smarter
In our lives, it is expected that we have a lot of announcements to make—graduation announcement, job announcement, promotion announcement, wedding announcement, among others. So what’s next to wedding announcement? A baby announcement, of course. Then? A birth announcement. You may also see promotion announcement designs and examples.
Birth announcements are in the form of cards that are sent out the relatives and friends announcing the arrival of your baby to the world. This typically features the information with regard to the newborn baby as well as his or her or their photo. This is a sort of introducing your baby to the important people and letting them know of the addition to your family. You may also like party invitation examples.
Your families and friends will, no doubt, be waiting for that exciting announcement to welcome the new family member. It is the mother’s pride and joy to announce the birth of her child or children as nine months of pregnancy and long hours of labor is not just a simple thing but an arduous undertaking. You may also check out event invitation examples.
Hence, in this article, we give you the best examples of birth announcement that you can use when you introduce your baby to your families and friends. Additionally, the basics in birth announcement are presented in the later section of this article.
Here are the basic things that you need to know in announcing the birth of your baby.
In the face of your announcement, you must include the most important pieces of information that will answer these important questions: When was the baby born? What is the gender? What is his or her name? What is the weight? The gender is an important information to be included in your announcement since newborns often look the same and names can sometimes be confusing. Aside from those information, here are the other things that you must not forget in your announcement:
You can add other information that you want, and if you feel like you are stuck on what else to include, just ask yourself on what else would you want to share to your relatives and friends. Just bear in mind not to tell the whole story including your pregnancy and the hours of labor. Just keep it simple and short. You may also see lunch invitation designs & examples.
There is really no exact timing on when to send the announcements; this all depends on your availability. It is expected that after delivery, you get busy in taking care of your baby, and you are now a full-time mom. Your families and friends would understand it anyway.
Just simply schedule your announcement on days that you think you are already done with the preparations. It is better that you have already planned ahead regarding your announcement during your pregnancy. Nevertheless, announcement of your baby is not a must, so don’t feel miserable or get stressed when months had already passed since the birth of your baby. There is no deadline to the announcement, so stay happy and focused on the things that you must do for the baby.
If you are wondering to whom should you send the birth announcement, there is really no definite rule on who should be the recipients of your announcement. It’s entirely up to you. Just think who are those that you want to inform regarding this matter or those who you feel connected to.
Surely, these people are anticipating your announcement, so make sure that you remember all the important people in your lives. If you miss someone, it is understandable since it is anticipated that you get preoccupied these days and that you have a limited time for yourself now that you have an additional member to your family. You may also like business invitation designs & examples.
In what form should you send your announcement? Through traditional paper or through electronic? Whatever form of announcement you make, the decision is up to you and no one will question your preferences. You may also check out examples of invitation design.
If you feel like you want to announce the baby’s arrival in electronic form, you can utilize the email and social media in posting your announcements. This is less costly than printed announcements.
On the other hand, you can also opt for printed announcements as they serve as keepsakes for your families and friends. You can design it in a way similar to thank-you notes and cards and mail them to the people important to you. You might be interested in examples of graduation invitation design.
Nonetheless, you can also send both paper and electronic announcements. For example, the printed announcement for your close friends and relatives and the electronic announcement for those outside your immediate circle.
The content of your birth announcement is important, but having a photo of your baby to be included in your announcement is of equal worth. Your families and friends would surely want to take a look at your baby to see how adorable he or she is or to whom did the baby resemble. Besides, having a photo in your announcement would make it more attractive and appealing. You may also see invitation card designs and examples.
However, having a photographer would cost more than your intended budget. It is expected that you have already paid a lot in the hospital during your delivery and you want to lessen your future expenses. Hence, to minimize your expenses, you can take a photo of your baby yourself. To help you capture the best photo of your baby, here are some tips that you might find useful. You may also like holiday invitation examples.
1. You may use a breastfeeding pillow that could help you nail the perfect shot. This will keep your hands free and the baby upright. You will never worry as the baby is protected on his neck. The moment that you take a photo, you can hide the pillow by placing a blanket or swaddle over it. You may also check out examples of invitation envelope.
2. You can also add accessories such as a colorful swaddle or a cute headband for your baby to look more adorable.
3. Set the perfect mood of your baby by playing lullabies that can help your baby stay calm, comfortable, and in a contented state. Constantly check the temperature of the room if it is not too cold nor too hot for the baby.
4. Utilize the natural light source such as the sunshine that beams your window as this can add to the aesthetic of your photo. Just make sure that the light coming through is not intense for your baby. Otherwise, pull your curtains to diffuse the lighting. You might be interested in birthday invitation designs & examples.
5. In capturing the best pose for your baby, you can play with the baby’s hand to try the different poses that match your preferences. Whether the baby is asleep or wide awake, you can still take the best pose of your baby.
6. If you want your baby to sleep while you take a shot, you can feed him or her before the shoot and be hopeful that he or she will fall asleep on the breastfeeding pillow.
7. Not sure on the orientation, whether landscape or portrait, for your photo? You can try both. It is really up to you. Just take note that you must provide enough space around the frame in case you wanted to add text to the photo. You may also see breakfast invitation designs and examples.
8. You and your partner should make time in taking a photo with your baby. You can take a cute photo of you and your partner holding the baby in your arms.
9. Never hesitate to take tons of photo. There is really one that you can choose as your best shot.
In addition to the important information stated above that you must include in your birth announcement, you may also include quotes or sayings in your announcement. Here are several and simple quotes that you can add:
1. The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts. —Unknown. You may also see bridal shower invitation.
2. The jewel of the sky is the sun, the jewel of the house is the child. —Chinese proverb
3. You cannot buy happiness, happiness is born. —Unknown
4. Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. —Elizabeth Stone. You may also like examples of wedding invitation design.
5. You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete. —George Strait
6. Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born. —George Bernard Shaw
7. A child’s love could simply be one of the most beautiful sounds in the world. —Unknown
8. Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness and light into our lives. —Kartini Diapari-Oengider. You may also check out business invitation card designs and examples.
9. Some people dream of angels, I dream of one and hold one in my arms. —Unknown
10. A new baby is like the beginning of all things—wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities. —Eda J. Le Shan
Now that you are already equipped with the knowledge on how to make your own birth announcement to be sent to your families and friends, know how to take an incredibly amazing photos of your child, and have some inspiring quotes that you can use in your baby birth announcement, have the confidence to make your own announcement now, and do not forget to check out the examples in the above section for some cool and creative birth announcements. You might be interested to know how to write a short notice invitation.