The resignation of an existing employee can seriously affect the operations of the business. With this, both the resigning employee and the management should make sure that the business will not feel the full impact of the resignation. This issue can be addressed if the entire resignation process is organized. You can make it easier for you if you can come up with a resignation checklist, may you be an employee or a human resource representative.
A resignation checklist can be found in two forms. It can be a checklist that is used by the employee who would like to resign or it can also be a document that is created and developed by the management to ensure that the regulations for resignation will be followed. Being knowledgeable of the creation and usage of these two kinds of resignation checklist example can help you familiarize yourself with the things that you need to do so the resignation process of a particular employee can flow smoothly.
Sample Checklist for Employee Resignation Process
Printable Resignation Checklist Example
Resignation Checklist Example
Resignation Checklist for Employees
Employees need to make sure that their resignation will not result in anything negative especially with regards to their corporate track record. It is necessary for all employees to follow resignation regulations as it can affect their professionalism as well as how they are perceived by the company to whom they are currently working. You may also like the training checklist examples.
1. Content of an Employee’s Resignation Checklist
There are certain things that you need to be aware of while resigning. Having a resignation checklist at hand will help you list down all the necessary items and call to actions that you need to do. When you resign from your job, some of the important things that must be included in your resignation checklist are as follows:
- List down your target date of effective resignation. This will allow you to set all the other things that you need to do before the last working day of your intended service. Have a specific last day of work so that it can lead to the organization of your entire resignation procedures.
- Provide the amount of time that you still have to render services to the business. A resignation notice will help the employer find a new person who can be appointed to the position that you will vacate. This will also help them do measures for your resignation to not greatly affect the operations.
- Do not forget writing a resignation letter which should include all the details about your resignation. Before handing it to your immediate supervisor, it will be best if you can verbally discuss your resignation with him or her first. Formality is very important to be present when resigning.
- List all the items that you need to surrender or give back to the company especially gadgets and the like. This can help you have an easier time to gather them together and present these items should you already be in the process of exit clearance signing.
- Take note of when you can be linked to a resignation notice pay, your last paycheck, the leave credits that you have not used yet and all the other employment benefits and plans that you can still use before you resign. Doing it can help you to be aware of the money that you will receive and the rights that you deserve as an employee.
- You can also add reminders about other formalities that you need to execute. This can include the interview schedule that you must attend together with the human resource department or the list of people that you need to talk to in relation to your resignation.
- List down the references that you can make use of for your next corporate undertaking and job applications. Talk to these people already and ask for their approval so they can be ready anytime your prospective employer will call them for their recommendations.
2. How Can a Resignation Checklist Help in my Resignation?
Informing the company about your planned resignation will not always be an easy task. Aside from composing your resignation letter, you need to be prepared when this specific instance comes as there are loads of things that you need to do before you can finally resign accordingly. Listed below are a few ways on how a resignation checklist can help in your resignation.
- A resignation checklist will allow you not to forget important details about your resignation.
- A resignation checklist can help you prepare for all the processes that you will undergo and the people that you need to transact with when you resign. You may also like the checklist examples for students.
- A resignation checklist can group all the items that you need to submit and provide for your resignation to be considered valid.
- A resignation checklist can organize your thoughts about the entire resignation which can showcase your professionalism throughout the entire procedure.
3. Tips when Developing your Resignation Checklist
A resignation checklist can organize all the requirements that you must fulfill that can further make your resignation faster and more efficient. Some of the tips that can be helpful to you if you want to create a resignation checklist include the following:
- You have to be aware of your current position in the business. This will make it easier for you to come up with a resignation checklist that is fit for your needs.
- Review the resignation policy of the company first so that you can pattern your resignation checklist from it.
- It is highly suggested for you to create a draft first before coming up with your final resignation checklist. Doing this can help you become more precise with all the items and activities involved in your resignation. You may also like the printable checklist examples.
- Make your resignation checklist as simple as possible. Break down certain call to actions into minute details so you can execute them properly.
Sample Resignation/Termination Checklist
Sample Checklist for Employee Resignation
Resigning/Retiring Employee Exit Checklist
Sample Voluntary Resignation Checklist for Supervisor
Resignation Checklist for Employers
It is not only employees who can benefit from the usage of resignation checklists. Actually, a lot of businesses already have a readily made resignation checklist so they can properly conduct processes when an employee already decides to resign. It is a fact that every business will face employees who will soon resign. This is the main reason why the management should be ready when their employees are either terminated or volunteered to leave the business for good. You may also like the blank checklist examples.
1. Items to Include in a Resignation Checklist for Employers
A resignation checklist that will be used by employers must be comprehensive. All the regulations of the business about resignation should be included in this document as well as the important steps and reminders that must be followed when an employee resigns. A few of the essential things that are expected to be in a basic resignation checklist include these items:
- The date of the employee’s exit interview upon the confirmation of the resignation
- The date where the assessment of the resignation shall be made so that the human resource department can create possible actions that can help employment retention
- The listing of alternatives that can possibly make the employee stay depending on the situation or the reason why the decision for resignation has been made based on the exit interview, resignation email and/or the resignation letter
- The actual consultation of the policies and regulations of the business about employee resignation.
- The notification of all the people, departments, and stakeholders who will surely be affected by the resignation and the measures that are necessary to be made to fill the position to be vacated
- The confirmation of the resignation’s effective date
- The list of the business properties that are needed to be returned by the employee
- The provision of certification of employment
- The recommendation letter that will be used by the employee, if applicable
- The corporate records that are needed to be updated after the resignation
- The list of all the paper works that should be completed by the resigning employee
- The responsibilities of the business especially in relation to employment records, final pay, and employment rights of the employee. You may also like the safety checklist examples.
2. Guidelines to be Followed when Creating the Resignation Checklist that will be Used by the Company
If you are already planning to create a resignation checklist for your business, you must be aware of a few tips that can make the document helpful. Some of the guidelines that you can follow when creating your company’s resignation checklist include the following:
- Your resignation checklist must be understandable and comprehensive so it can guide both the human resource department and the employees.
- Legal advice and suggestions should always be taken into consideration when creating a resignation checklist as there are some legislation and laws that you need to consider. You may also like the quality checklist examples.
- The jurisdiction of the management with regards to the resignation should always factor the processes involved when an employee is resigning. Proper objectivity should be seen in your checklist with regards to this matter.
Student Employment Resignation Checklist Example
Resignation Checklist in PDF
Supervisor Resignation/Separation Plan Checklist
Is a Resignation Checklist Truly Beneficial?
It can either be used by a resigning employee or the business, a resignation checklist sample is beneficial for a lot of ways possible – a few stated in this article. Corporate connections may formally be cut between an employer and employee but a professional relationship should always remain as industries and fields of expertise work hand in hand to achieve business goals and objectives. With this, it is only imperative for the employees and employers to separate in good terms.
If you are trying to create a resignation checklist, we recommend you to be knowledgeable first of some job quitting do’s and dont’s. Also, the usage of samples and templates can be helpful in this undertaking as these documents can help you develop a resignation checklist that is complete, simple, and effective.