15+ Abstract Logo Designs in PSD | AI | EPS Vector
A logo can be one of the most powerful tools in promoting a brand. It’s the visual aspect of a business that the market sees and encounters on a regular basis. Knowing this, companies strive to create a logo design that their respective audience can relate to. But because the smart goals are to set yourself apart from the competition, some designers are forced to create something that goes out of the norm. This means steering clear of the clichés and going for a more abstract approach.
In this article, you will learn about the psychological forces behind creating powerful logo designs and how your business can benefit from such.
Vector Hummingbird Logo Design
Wave Logo Design
Aircraft Logo Design
The Psychology behind Powerful Logo Designs
When we talk about shapes in a logo, it’s more than just the basic circles, squares, and triangles that we learned about during our younger years, as this could also refer to every line and curve that grace the outlines of the best logo design. This may even extend to the typeface of the logo, where the weight and feel of the font used may appeal to different audiences. It’s important for us to be aware that the shapes in some of the most powerful brand logos of our culture have not been simply chosen by chance, for there are psychological factors at work that our subconscious minds respond to.
Every logo shape sends out a certain message to its audience. For instance, round logos project an emotional message that relates to the personal components of an individual’s life, such as love, family, friendship, and community. It gives off a sense of stability, as it portrays the value of strength and endurance in building relationships. A logo shape may even be associated with anything from science to religion.
There are also a number of logo designs that do not take the literal form of a given shape but instead, uses its outline as a guide. The human brain forms patterns out of similarly shaped objects, while those that differ from the group become the focal point. That being said, even if a logo does not form a complete shape, our minds still have the ability to make out its whole form and understand the message it is trying to convey.
Color psychology is applied to almost every design element used in marketing. But understanding color psychology isn’t as simple as it seems. You can find hundreds of articles online with “this” and “that” statements claiming the true meaning of certain colors. But have you ever noticed how inconsistent these claims can be? With someone saying one thing, and another person saying the exact opposite.
While it’s true that colors do hold a deeper meaning, they aren’t exactly set in stone. Colors may possess different meanings in various societies that share different cultures and historical backgrounds. A particular color may depict power and loyalty to one group but serve as a reminder of pain and suffering to a different entity. So choosing the right color for your logo can come as a challenge for designers and their respective clients. This is why most companies work to develop clever branding strategies that lean towards what is considered to be the most favorable to their target market.
Custom Calligraphy Logo Design
Abstract Company Logo Design
Abstract Cross Logo
Advantages of a Good Logo Design
Logos, being the “face” of a given brand, is one of the general components of a business that has the ability to build a first impression and simultaneously leave a lasting one. As one of the building blocks to successful branding, an effective logo design can benefit a business in more ways than one.
- Attracts potential customers and appeals to loyal ones. In a grocery store, we don’t always have the freedom to fully assess a given product so we’re forced to build assumptions based on its physical attributes, one of which includes the logo design. The idea is to lure in customers to a brand, without the use of words. While standing out might pose a challenge, a good logo design can still be your best weapon in the battlefield.
- Easily recognizable. Companies invest thousands or even millions of dollars in brand marketing alone. Naturally, you’d want to make sure your target audience could easily point out your brand in a sea of competitors. That would mean a person recognizing your brand from a billboard ad while driving past it on a busy highway.
- Influences decisions. If you had to decide between two items of the same product, having the same price, but of different brands, how do you weigh down your options? Most people would look into the quality of each item, but oftentimes these products can possess a similar consistency. So instead, you would look into the companies responsible, right? This is when the works of your logo design are magnified. Good logo designs can easily create a positive impression, giving the item a better advantage than its opponent.
- Provides a sense of reassurance and stability. Society tells us to never judge a book by its cover but sometimes, especially in the corporate world, this type of mindset is difficult to grasp. Think of it this way. If a company logo appears credible and reliable enough to serve its desired purpose effectively, then prospective buyers wouldn’t even think twice about giving it a fair try. Otherwise, if it’s a poorly-made creation, then it could likely reflect the overall outlook and quality of the respective brand.
- Increases sales. Putting all the items on this list together, having a well-designed logo can potentially bring a company good fortune. Think about some of the biggest brands in the world. Companies like Apple, McDonald’s, and Nike may credit most of their success to strong branding, but that doesn’t mean a logo didn’t play a significant part in all this. Let’s be real, Apple could put their logo on a plain computer chair and society would instantly go bonkers over it, despite complaining about how expensive and impractical it is just days ago.
Abstract Universal Logo
Galaxy Logo Design
Creative Logo Design
Abstract House Logo Design
Abstract Business Logo Design
Consulting Firm Logo Design
Creative Tips for Making the Ideal Logo Design
Being a professional designer does not guarantee that all your creations are going to be a huge hit with your audience. There are times when you need to take a breather and think about how you could improve your skills as an artist.
- Understand the business and its brand. Before you jump into the design process, you must first get acquainted with what the logo is meant to represent. This is usually done by conducting a thorough discussion with the client on the background of the business and its brand. By doing so, it makes it easier to visualize what must be achieved. After all, how can a logo be considered as the visual representation of a brand if it fails to symbolize the essence of the business in the first place?
- Inspire yourself. Remember, even the biggest names in the design industry are bound to run out of ideas every once in a while. While this is completely normal and should not be a cause for alarm, it can get quite frustrating when you have deadlines to meet. Taking the time off and exploring the world would be the best remedy for this. You don’t have to spend thousands on a trip to the Caribbean, as a stroll in the park would be enough to give your mind the rest it needs. Who knows, you might just come up with the perfect concept while you’re at it.
- Experiment with your options. When creating a professional logo, most designers like to prepare a selection of ideas for their clients to choose from. This could either be sketches of the same concept but of different color schemes, or a completely different creation. This will allow the client to make quick comparisons between each draft, provide personal input, and possibly make further requests, which can make the design process a lot more convenient for both parties.
- Make it memorable. When creating a logo, you have to ensure that it has all the essential attributes of a good logo design in place. It needs to be memorable enough for a person to recall its most notable elements with ease. To do so, focus on simplicity. Although an extravagant design is sure to turn heads, it’s also a lot more difficult to remember. So think about your audience and find a way to build a better connection with them through your business logo.
- Use the appropriate software. There’s a long list of online editors that offer a series of state-of-the-art features and tools that are just too hard to say no to. But in making a logo, you have to make sure you choose the right type of software for it. Software applications such as Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW are just some of the most popular vector graphics editors in the market. Using a software that specializes in vector design will allow you to produce high-quality creations, which is perfect for a versatile logo design.
Regardless of the type of logo design, you have in mind, whether it’s a flat logo, a 3D logo, or an abstract one, what matters most is how you sum up the overall essence of the business into one symbolic icon. Remember logos are more than just a marketing investment made by entrepreneurs, as they are also a visual asset that customers develop an emotional connection to. So with the perfect logo design, the right business plan, and the best marketing strategy in hand, your business may confidently reach out to its prospective audience in a way that no other company can.