200,000+ Ready-Made Templates
to Get Your Work Done Faster & Smarter
Pasta is among the world’s most famous dishes and it has not only become a staple in Italian cuisine, but in various restaurants and food shops around the globe. If you are just planning to include pasta in your menu, you might need some help in creating a menu design for your pasta dishes. With this article, we will help you design your own pasta menu while also adding a collection of fully customizable pasta menu designs and examples which you can purchase at a very cheap price. You may also see seafood menus.
We all know that pasta is a universal staple that can be used to whip out various kinds of meals and dishes. But there are other things you may not have known about pasta. Here are some pasta fun facts:
1. Pasta was not introduced to the US until the year 1789. The distribution of pasta throughout the country was made possible by then President Thomas Jefferson. You may also see catering menu examples.
2. When pasta is cooked to perfection, it is called ‘al dente’ in Italian. Al dente means “to the tooth.” A pasta that is cooked to perfection means that it is not overly firm, nor overly soft.
3. The term pasta actually comes from the Italian term ‘paste’. The paste is a combination of durum wheat semolina and water. You may also see salad menus.
4. The tomato sauce being used in pasta dishes came in much later after pasta was created. This was because tomatoes were not yet grown in Europe until the Spanish explorer Cortez brought tomatoes from Mexico in the year 1519. You may also see lunch menus.
5. Pasta was actually made first in China and not Italy where it is famous for. There are records of pasta being made and eaten in China around 5,000 B.C. Noodles were introduced in Italy around the 12th century but there are records that show that pasta was already being consumed in Italy by 500 B.C. (still much later than in China). You may also see modern menus.
6. You may only know like five or ten shapes of pasta but do you know that there are 600 official pasta shapes produced throughout the world? No? Well, now you know thanks to the International Pasta Organization, an organization that was founded to increase the awareness and consumption of pasta.
7. Eating makes us happy but one food that can always make us happy is pasta. Aside from the fact that pasta is a versatile staple that can be prepared in so many different ways, pasta can actually make us happy on a much deeper level according to science. There’s no magic whatsoever, it’s just the fact that pasta contains a lot of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates gives your body energy and increases the amount of serotonin every time carbs are consumed. Serotonin is a chemical that brings about feelings of happiness and excitement. You may also see cafe menus.
8. Can you imagine eating pasta by hand? Maybe no, but pasta was originally eaten by hand many years ago. It may seem impossible but during those times before various sauces and flavors were incorporated, they were indeed consumed using hands. You may also see coffee menus.
Sure, your pasta dishes are good enough to entice customers but if you do not present these dishes properly and in an effective manner, your dishes are good for nothing. With that, here are some pasta menu design hacks that will not only make your pasta menu appealing, but will definitely help increase the sales of your restaurant tenfold. You may also see typography menu examples
We’ve always been told that first impression lasts. And while there are some people who would debunk this concept, first impressions really do last in most cases, especially in menu presentations. You may also see drink menus.
An average customer would only spend an average of 109 seconds or nearly two minutes scanning a menu. In this case, you only have more or less two minutes so make every second count. Leave a strong first impression by incorporating eye-catching designs as well as readable text, in which will be discussed in detail below. You may also see burger menu designs
Another strategic method of marketing your profitable pasta dishes is to place them on the upper-right hand corner of the menu, also called the “sweet spot”. This is because the eyes of the customer would usually tend to gravitate first toward the upper right-hand corner of any kind of menu, be it in a form of an overhead menu or a digitized menu. You may also see free menu designs
Aside from adding a graphic or illustration on the “sweet spot”, you can also use large or bold typography so that the customers would immediately get drawn to it. You can also make use of the “sweet spot” by placing your expensive dishes there. You may also see italian menu designs .
One of the reasons why customers are drawn to restaurants is because of their respective color themes. Colors are helpful when you want to emphasize something and they also have the power to affect people emotionally and psychologically. Cafes and restaurants that have beautiful color themes also use the same colors in their menus. You may also see wedding menus.
Plus, there are people who take photos of the restaurants and cafes they’ve dined in and would post those photos in their social media accounts. They do not just take photos of the food but also the menu itself. Take advantage of this situation and use the menu as an advertising tool for your restaurant. You may also see salon menu designs
Sure, your pasta dishes already have names of their own, but adding a twist like using descriptive words for your pasta dishes would entice customers more. You may also see chinese food menu designs
Get your customers’ attention and their taste buds tingling by using appetizing and appealing descriptive words such as “mouthwatering”, “tender”, “spicy”, “fresh”, “homemade”, “crispy”, “savory”, and “spice crusted”, among others. You may also see barbecue menu examples
Here are some other descriptive words you can use for your pasta menu as well:
With the use of descriptive language, make sure you hit close to home with your customers so you can evoke nostalgic feelings in them. Describe your pasta dishes with words that would remind them of home and family get togethers such as “traditional”, “homemade”, “Grandma’s”, etc. This will humanize your pasta dishes while also increasing your profitability in the process. You may also see spa menu designs
Of all the elements of a pasta menu, the trickiest one is perhaps pricing. It is important to create a balance between making a profit and not scaring off customers due to the high prices of your dishes. One hack you should consider is to remove the dollar sign and just retain the amount of your dishes. A perception is created that if a currency symbol is removed, it reduces the so-called “pain” associated with spending money. You certainly want your customers to purchase not only the least expensive items in your menu, but the pricier ones as well. You may also see takeaway menu designs
Another method to make your customers steer away from focusing too much on the price is to bury the said prices under descriptive text or images of your dishes. This will help them focus their attention on the text or images and not on the price itself.
Additionally, using cents in your prices rather than listing the whole amount will also give a perception that you will be spending less, but in truth you are not. For example, a pasta dish that sells for $4.99 will make customers think that dish is only for $4, when in actuality, it is priced at $5.
So, there you go. We hope you were able to create your own pasta menu with the help of our pasta menu hacks and as well our collection of sumptuous pasta menu designs and examples.