Restaurants are busy businesses. Unlike client-based companies, they have to get their tasks organized daily, from the opening to the closing of their establishments. In other words, the business managers have to keep track of their quality control, equipment, supply inventory, training programs, and other aspects of their restaurants. The same goes for the cashiers and servers in charge of the basic chores, such as cleaning and customer service. To achieve the organization that they need, these restaurant employees have to make checklists. So, it’s a good thing that we have prepared our highly relevant article and some of the best examples that you can refer to below! Make sure to check them out right away!
A restaurant checklist is a form of a list whose main purpose is to verify or collect requirements and data related to restaurants in a systematic manner. According to PDCA Home, there are plenty of matters that individuals can include in their checklists, such as the following:
– things that need controlling, measuring, and verifying
– criteria for conformities and unconformities
– list of inspectors or auditors
– subject-relevant procedures, specifications, and rules
Most of the time, a checklist for restaurants is part of a process document with a larger scope and with much more complicated functions, like a restaurant business plan, restaurant proposal, and many more.
Customers have a lot to say about a certain restaurant. In the past, specific customers known as food critics set the criteria of how good or bad these restaurants are in terms of food. But as the world adapts to digitalization, almost every customer who has access to the internet can provide people with benchmarks. This time, the standards do not only focus on food but also on many other things. Few of these include the following:
1. Cleanliness – In SCA’s survey results, it was found out that the second most important factor after the good food that customers consider is the restaurant’s cleanliness. In their conclusion, they mentioned that the customer’s satisfaction with the restaurant bathroom’s cleanliness would reflect on their perceptions of the kitchen.
2. Open Kitchen – This is one of the trends that most restaurants adopt. In this setting, customers can have a free cooking live show while ensuring their food’s proper hygiene.
3. Tableware – Nowadays, social media plays an important role in our society. With photographs of food surfacing the said platforms almost every minute, the tableware’s suitability for the food and its plating is now more important than ever.
4. Personal Attention – One of the innovations in the restaurants and food services industry is the customer database. By keeping records of their customers’ names and orders, restaurants can assign servers to repeat customers. These servers can approach customers with anticipation, making it more convenient for both parties.
5. Money Value – One factor that will most likely affect customer loyalty is the cost of any restaurant’s every dish. Because of this fact, many restaurants opt to categorize their meals by budget ranges.
When creating the checklist for your restaurant, you must be aware of all the things that go on your restaurant’s daily ventures. Aside from knowing those, you also have to work on your prioritization skills and your creativity. For your guidance, we have prepared an outline and insights that can surely give you a headstart in creating our restaurant checklist.
The first thing you have to do when creating a checklist is to brainstorm on your restaurant’s tasks, from the opening to the closing of your establishment. Examples of the opening tasks include turning on the lights and music, turning on the point of sale system, and signing or punching in. For the closing tasks, you can start by flipping the door sign from “open” to “close,” cleaning glass doors and windows, and cleaning and sanitizing tables and chairs.
After listing and figuring out the tasks for your restaurant, the next thing you have to do is to categorize them. You can categorize them by chore types, such as cleaning and doing inventory management, or categorizing them by areas like kitchen and bathroom, or by equipment, such as refrigerators, tables, and chairs.
If you wish to go traditional with pen and paper, you can always do so. However, you must know that using word processing applications can save you ample time in making checklists. There are a lot of office suites, which provide us with variations of word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation programs. A few of the best office suites include the Microsoft Office, WordPerfect Office, and iWork. So, after organizing your list of restaurant tasks, the next task is to select the word processing application that suits your style.
Once you have selected the word processing application that’s right for you, you can start knowing your restaurant’s theme. This will be the very basis of your checklist design, which will come after this step. Nowadays, the most common themes of restaurants are fast-casual, family-style, fine dining, cafe or bistro, and fast food.
Considering that checklists also function as guidelines, you have to put some effort into making them encouraging to look at. Therefore, you have to come up with a design for your checklists. We know that most people are not into graphics design. But we figured that you might want to know these designing trends:
– muted color palettes
– color gradients
– abstract and dreamlike graphics
– heavy yet simple fonts
– flowing shapes and lines
– stock photos
Microsoft Office includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher, SharePoint, and OneNote.
There are three types of checklists. These include the procedural, communication, and project.
When it comes to stock photography, the top five best agencies are the following:
3. Getty Images
Checklists provide individuals with an overview of what things to take care of. Because of this fact, we can conclude that such a document is a great tool to boost productivity. This also makes the document perfect for a hectic business, like a restaurant.