As an employee, a freelancer, or any business-related entity who uses email for communication purposes; you have to be aware on how to make a professional email signature. Being able to do so can help you present a particular brand that can be associated either to your business or to your professional designation. We have listed a number of downloadable email signature examples that can show you different types and forms of email signatures. Browse through these examples and use any of them as your reference before starting the development of your own or your company’s email signature.
Email Signature Design Example
Email Signature Policy and Practice Example
Recommended Email Signature Example
Why Do You Need an Email Signature?
Have you ever seen an email message without an email signature? How about an email message that has one? Just by comparing the visuals of these email messages can already provide you an idea on why it would be better if an email signature will be present within email transactions. Aside from making the message exchanges look more business-appropriate, email signatures can also present details that are necessary to be known by the other entity who received the email. Here are some of the reasons why we believe that you need to create an email signature:
- Email has been considered to be one of the primary touch points where entities, especially those in the business and professional industries, connect with one another. As an efficient and effective form or means of communication, emails are used almost, if not, on a daily basis. This is one of the reasons why your email signature must reflect the company where you are employed at in the best way possible. All the electronic items present in transactions and message exchanges actually provides an impression about your business—the email signature that you are using included.
- Email signatures can showcase the brand, image, and tone of the business. Using professional email signature examples for corporate electronic messages can be compared to the presence of affixed signatures and letterheads on physical business documents. With this, perception on quality standards and branding policies can be seen by the email’s target audience.
- Think of an email signature as an attached business card. Since most information about your professional identity as well as your contact details are already in the email signature, people who will receive your email can easily have access to the means and ways on how they can reach you if they have inquiries, questions, or other concerns pertaining to the email that you have sent to them.
Hospitality Email Signature Guidelines and Example
Simple Email Signature Example
Email Signature Guidelines and Template Example
Content of a Basic Professional Email Signature
The more you look into the development of your corporate email signature, the better this part of your corporate email will be. Moreover, ensuring that you have developed the best and most appropriate email signature format for your business can give a higher potential for the email signature to add value to your imaging and branding activities. One of the factors that you need to consider when making a professional email signature is the completion of all the basic details that should be seen within the email signature. If you want to have a comprehensive email signature, here are the most important items that you should not forget to put in it:
- The name of the employee who will use a unique corporate email address
- The job designation or work position of the employee in the company
- The business contact details of the employee including his or her business phone number, secondary email, and business postal address
- The name and/or logo of the business being represented by the employee during email transactions
- The business tagline of the company to ensure that your email signature can still set your business apart from competition
- The specification of the sites, blogs, social media pages, or any other online pages where the intended audience of the email can see more details about your business and its products, services, and other offers
There are other information that can be added or removed in the email signature that you plan to use for your business. The items listed above are only content guides. It will still depend on the management of your business on whether to use these guides as is or if there are information changes that should still be done in your company’s email signature.
Student Engagement and Enrollment Services Email Signature Template Example
Email Signature Block Format Example
Email Signature Standards Example
How to Ensure the Development of an Effective Business Email Signature
There is a big difference when it comes to the creation of personal email signatures and business email signature examples. The latter deals with more restrictions, rules, and protocols as businesses need to make sure that all their employees will use a standard corporate email signature. Some even provide the format of the email signature from the very beginning of the employment transaction. Here are some of the guidelines that can help you ensure that you are developing a business email signature that is both effective and efficient:
- Be specific when it comes to the color palette that you will use. Stick with the colors that are used by the business for branding purposes. It is essential for you to keep your color selection consistent as it can help improve memory retention relating to your brand. Colors must also be simple as much as possible for it to not give any visual confusion to your audience.
- It will be a lot of help if you will use space dividers. Email signatures are practically small. Using a design hierarchy can help you a lot when it comes to this matter. Properly lay-outing all the details of your email signature can make it easier for you to present it accordingly.
- It is highly recommended for you to make an email signature that can provide the demands and needs of people nowadays. Develop your email signature design in a way that it is mobile-friendly. There are a lot of professionals who browse through their emails by using their phones. Ensure that your email signature will still look good even on its mobile version.
- Use an interactive email signature to make the experience better for your target audience. Have links that can track your actual websites. You can also include other responsive items that can make users more engaged in browsing through your email signature.
- Make the most out of the email signature. Always have updated call-to-actions that can either be in a form of email signature attachments or a link that can direct email readers to your company’s websites for deals and other limited offers. You can also place links of the the business pages and profiles of your company.
Email Signature for Consistent Image Example
Employee Email Signature Example
Email Signature Branding Example
What Not to Do When Creating Email Signatures for Your Business
You have to be familiar with the dos and don’ts of a good email signature. If you can be knowledgeable of the things that you need to veer away from, it will be faster and easier for you to come up with an outstanding email signature that can fulfill the purpose of its development and usage. Here are some of the things that you should not do when creating your company’s email signature:
- Do not add your personal email address, personal profiles, or social media accounts. It is important for your email signature to strictly present you as a professional. This can make email transactions more formal and business-appropriate. Rather than including your accounts, you can present the online pages of the business that the email receivers can check out for more information about the company’s background, operations, and/or offers.
- Do not add personal touches to the business email signature. These items include online memes and jokes that you find funny. Leave these items in your personal profile and never include them in the signature that you will use for your email as these can affect the image of the business that you are representing.
- Do not include any personal website as it can be viewed as a conflict of interest. Never use the email signature as a way for you to achieve your personal intentions. It will be best if you will follow the email signature format given to you by the information technology team, the human resource department, or the head of the division where you are assigned at.
- Do not put inspiration quotes and other statements aside from the tagline of your company. You have to be keen with how the email signature represents the business. Anything that you will include in it can be attached or associated with the name of the company. Hence, even a motivational and inspirational quote that is not relevant with the brand of the business should never be seen in an email signature.
- Do not include your personal contact information. If you will add your mobile or phone number, then clients and other entities that you are transacting with through email may think that they can contact you in your personal number whenever they want to talk about business processes and activities. This can also provide high potentials of you being caught off-guard as you do not know the entities who might call your personal and home number for corporate purposes.
Email Signature Template Example
Email Signature Guidelines, Policies and Example
Professional Email Signature Example
Purposes of an Email Signature
Creating professional email signature examples can be viewed as an additional task. Some businesses even find it unnecessary. However, there are different reasons why companies still use email signatures even up to this day. There are a variety of advantages and benefits that using email signatures can provide you with. Listed below are some the reasons why email signatures are created.
- To ensure that corporate branding will be carried out in all the areas and elements of the electronic messages delivered in behalf of the business
- To encourage your target audience to respond to the email, browse through the email signature attachments and links, and to promote continuous communication and professional relationship with current and potential clients and/or customers
- To give the email readers more reasons to be keen when reviewing the email so that they can learn more professional and business information about you and/or the company
- To make sure that the business will be represented in the best way possible and to ensure that the expected receiver of the email can perceive the email in a more memorable, appealing, and positive manner
If you will keep these purposes and objectives in mind, then you can be well-guided within the entirety of the email signature’s development and usage. Making sure that you will always look into these purposes can help you come up with an email signature that is aligned and fit with the nature of your business and the plans that you have associated with the usage of an impressive email signature.
Email Signature Best Practices and Example
Effective Email Signature Guidelines and Example
Email Signature Guide Example
Tips in Creating Email Signatures
If you will create your business’s own email signatures, you have to remember that you should not only consider visual guidelines and standards. You must also incorporate functionality and usability in the email signature so that it can be a great tool for your business in relation to marketing and branding. Hence, you should create an email signature that is informative and comprehensive as it is visually attractive. Some of the useful tips that can make it more efficient and easier for you to have your company’s email signature are as follows:
- Browse through a number of corporate email signature examples that you can use as your references. It will be great if you will look into email signature examples that are used by businesses in the industry or field where your business currently belongs. Having these references can help you develop your email signatures in an amazing way both in terms of format and content.
- Avoid too much differences and customization among the email signatures that will be used by the employees of the business. There should be a standard email signature that is intended at least for a team or a department. This can help give uniformity when it comes to the usage of business email signatures.
- Use at least three to seven lines when developing the layout of the email signature. If you plan to have a lengthy email signature for special usages and events, then make sure that you have a standard one for common transactions. Making your email signature as precise, short, and direct to the point as possible can make it look more professional and formal.
- Know how to get the most out of using an email signature. You can include marketing messages in the email signature as long as these messages are detailed, presentable, and simple. Add a few words to the email signature and do not go overboard when designing it. This is also applicable if you want to include confidentiality statements to your email signature.
- Do not forget any important information that you must convey in the email signature. These details must be put together in a clean, organized, and visually pleasing layout so that it can stand out without overpowering the actual content of the email.
- Use a checklist that can help you initially list down all the information that you want to include in the email signature. This can help you to not forget any important details that should be in the email signature. Hence, your email signature format and design can be more concise and lesser changes can be expected within the processes of the email signature development.
Email Signature Format Example
Successful Email Signature Example
Create a Comprehensive, Detailed, and Concise Email Signature Now
Through an email signature, people can have an easier time to know how to contact you at the most convenient way and time possible. Just with this, it is already essential for you to make sure that all the details in your email signature are updated, accurate, and understandable. If you want to starting making business email signatures, then it is of utmost importance for you to have an idea on how email signatures can truly promote changes with how you transact with different entities through email.
Before creating an email signature for your company or for yourself, here are some of the things that you should always remember:
- Uniformity applies in the development of email signatures when talking about the format or layout that all employees will use when making or updating their email signatures. However, be reminded that there can be different kinds of email signatures that your business can develop depending on the purpose of its usage or the kind of audience that you are targeting to talk to and have a conversation or a professional relationship with.
- Make sure that you strongly know the information that you will put in the document. Aside from the basic details that can be found in a simple email signature, you need to decide on which advertisements and business announcements will be incorporated in the email signature at a particular time period.
- Know how to be strategic when making your email signature. It should brand not only your emails but also your business as a whole. Again, do not go too far from the aesthetic that the business is already known for especially when it comes to the usage of font styles, colors, and formats.
- Be specific in the objective and goals that you would like to achieve when using an email signature. Do you want to use it plainly for branding purposes? Would you like it to increase your website views and engagements on social media? Do you want it to include content that can further elaborate email policies that you adhere to? Knowing these items can help you identify and assess on whether the email signature that you have created is effective or not.
One of the things that you need to do once you have already finished drafting the format and content of the email signature is to conduct a test drive. Make sure that you will not send your clients with emails containing the email signature right away. Being able to test it first in internal transactions can help you ensure that all links are functioning, all information are accurate, and all email signature specifications and designs are displayed accordingly in different mediums.
Start downloading our email signature examples and plan how you would like your business’s own email signature to look like. Again, make your email signature impressive, well-structured, properly designed, and professional-looking. Always think of it as an extension of how you brand the business. Always remember the guidelines, tips, and other information that we have provided you within this post so you can create a great email signature fit for your business and its brand.