29+ Banner Examples, Templates & Design Ideas in PSD
If you are looking for a specific advertising material that can conveniently help you get your message across to your target market, look no further because a banner is all you need. Compared to a flyer or a poster, banners are the perfect marketing tool that can easily draw the attention of your target audience since it is bigger, more straightforward, and more modern.
In this article, let’s look into the major components that comprise a banner along with a step-by-step guide that can help you make one. You don’t have to start from scratch when creating a banner—all you need is to choose from our wide selection of banner examples and templates in the .PSD file format that you can download and edit using Adobe Photoshop.
Elements of a Basic Banner
The basic elements that you need to incorporate in a banner are as follows:
1. Logo or Branding: For you to thrive in the cutthroat business industry, you need to establish strong brand familiarity and recognition. As simple as including your logo on your banner will really go a long way because it will not only build brand awareness among your target market but this will also prove your credibility.
2. Value Proposition: “What’s in it for me?” is the question that would usually pop in the minds of people every time they get shown with new products and/or services. Give your target consumers a reason why they should buy what you sell and do not just stop at just showcasing what you offer.
3. Body Copy: In advertising, it not ideal to give out too much information but you still have to include a copy that contains a brief description of what you sell. The copy should just be enough to pique people’s interest but not enough to make them eventually lose it.
4. Relevant High-quality Image: Images are a staple in any promotional materials. The inclusion of relevant high-quality images on your banner will not only grab the attention of your target consumers, but will also enhance the way you convey your message to them.
5. Call to Action (CTA): A CTA is something that will help you to drive people to respond to your message or to simply encourage your customers to buy what you sell. Your CTA is basically an invitation for your customers to call your hotline numbers, to visit your website or your social media page, to send in their inquiries, or to subscribe to your weekly or monthly newsletters.
10+ Banner Templates in PSD
Beauty Saloon Roll-Up Banner Template
Hair Salon Roll-Up Banner
Product Roll-Up Banner Template
Product Launch Roll-Up Banner
Mobile App Promotion Roll-Up Banner
Fitness Roll Up Banner Template
Gym Roll-Up Banner Template
Design Agency Roll-Up Banner
Travel Agency Roll-Up Banner
School Promotion Roll-Up Banner
Advertising Agency Roll-up Banner
Available File Formats
Creative Agency Roll-up Banner
Available File Formats
Elegant Funeral Roll-up Banner
Loving Memory Funeral Roll-up Banner
Funeral Announcement Roll-up Banner
Premium Funeral Roll-up Banner
Education Ad Banners
Bridal Shower Banner
Retirement Party Banner
10+ Banner Examples
Hershey’s Soyfresh Banner
LG Web Banner
Maersk Line Grain and Maritime Sponsorship Banner
Moleskine National Bookstore Web Banner
Nicorette Mouth Spray Banner
Penguin Books Father’s Day Hamper Promotion Banner
Pizza Hut Banner
Purlicue x Vans Year of the Pig Collection Web Banner
Starbucks Frappuccino Banner
Uniqlo Final Sale Banner
Steps to Create a Basic Banner
Have you finally decided to use banners to advertise your products and services? Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Know your purpose: Before anything else, you must first know your purpose so your design process will come in smoothly. It paves the way for logical decisions along the way that are aligned with your business goals.
2. Consider your audience and consider their preferences: You are not making a banner just to please yourself but you are making one to attract your audience. Thus, you have to look for the latest trends that will tell what your target audience or customers are looking for in an advertisement.
3. Outline your concept: This is the step where you can brainstorm for the possible design ideas that you want to incorporate on your final banner layout. Having an outline for your concept will also enable you to give room for any changes that are bound to happen during the actual design process.
4. Select a platform: Banners are commonly placed at storefronts and offices but it website banners and social media banners have also become a common thing nowadays. Selecting a platform will help you determine the necessary elements you need to incorporate in your banner design.
5. Choose your preferred editing software: It is now time for you to do the actual design process. To start, choose your preferred editing software where you can make your banner easily. Two of the common editing software you can use in making banners are Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Whatever software you use, make sure you are knowledgeable about it.
6. Incorporate banner elements: After setting up your editing software, you can already proceed to incorporate the banner elements you want your banner to be comprised of. As mentioned above, the basic banner elements you may include are your logo or branding, value proposition, body copy, relevant high-quality image, and a CTA or a call-to-action.
7. Check and edit: Before you can finalize your banner design, you have to check first whether it is already void of any mistake in terms of the grammar of your body copy and errors in the placement of some of your elements. If you can detect mistakes and errors in your banner design, edit it immediately. You surely wouldn’t want to see those errors.
8. Finalize your banner design: Are you satisfied with the banner design that you came up with? Is your banner design complete with all the necessary elements? Is your banner design void of errors and mistakes? If you answered “no” to the questions, then maybe you still need to work on your banner design more and if you answered “yes” to the three questions, then you are good to go.
There is no better way to promote your business ventures than with an effective banner advertisement. With the help of our wide selection of banner examples, templates, and design ideas, making your target consumers aware of your product and services will no longer be overwhelming.