There may be a lot of ways by which you can express your opinions, sentiments, and ideas. Writing a statement may be one of them. Statements can be categorized according to the nature of its subject and purpose. There is vision statement, income statement, value statement, etc. All of these present a thought of its own.
Using statement in business is of vital importance. Why? Because it presents a logical and material effect in any aspect of the business. Take for example of making a statement of cash flows. Presenting numerical values with added verbal summaries makes it easy to present an idea to the board of trustees.
Personal Statement Example
College Application/Personal Statement
Mission Statements in Word
Professional Mission Statement
Thesis Statement Samples
How to Write a Personal Statement
A personal statement is a manifestation of one’s interest to be admitted in an institution or organization. Here are the steps to write one.
- Set your objective. The first thing you need to do is set a goal. This strategy makes it easier for you to gather your thoughts and present them in a logical sequence.
- Present yourself. Write your achievements and personal skills. Also, state a reason why you need to be selected from among the many applicants.
- Analyze and review. Make sure to check and revise your work if necessary before submitting it.
How to Write a Design Statement
Design statements are meant to illustrate and justify the process leading up to a development proposal. To write one:
- State the purpose. It is a common practice in statements to state its purpose (see statement examples in PDF). In a design statement, it is essential, because you need to communicate to the audience the purpose of the project.
- Illustrate the process. Clearly explain the steps taken to come up with the concept. In addition to that, you need to express any necessary actions for the success of the project.
- Summarize your ideas. Be objective when explaining your ideas, and end your statement with a good summary writing.
Cash Flow Statement Examples
Basic Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows
Cash Flow Statement
Income Statements in DOC
The Projected Income
Statements of Income and Comprehensive Income
Financial Statement Examples
Interim Financial Statement
Annual Financial Statement
What Should Be Included in a Planning Statement?
Every statement is unique. Each has its own identifiable factor which makes it different from the others.
One of the many examples of a statement is a planning statement.
It is an essential document in any project, such as building construction, because it explains in great detail the necessity and importance of the project. However, a planning statement also includes some other important factors relevant to the fulfillment of its purpose:
- Background. The concept behind the project should be properly and clearly stated. You need to tell a story of why you came up with such a plan example, who are the people involved in the idea, and what were the circumstances that lead you to the project.
- Purpose. Explain why such project report is necessary. It is important that you communicate this to your audience with a clear and precise language for them to easily understand your point.
- Consultations. All consultations with national agencies and local planning authority needs to stipulated in the statement. Whether it is positive or negative, any comments and recommendations should be included. You need to look at it at a bigger picture. The more clear and transparent you are with the information, the better outcome you will have with the project.
- Assessments. This is a fundamental factor that needs to be included in the planning statement. Every project has to be compliant with the local, regional, and national policies. It involves, but not limited to, environmental guidelines, building permits, and infrastructure management.
- Business plans. Since the project would involve money, financial statements should also be included. You need to state any proposed budget. In addition to that, you need to specify if there are involved private companies or government organizations.
Free Method Statement
Bank Statement Samples
Sample Bank Statement
Account Statement in Word
Statement of Rent Account
Capability Statement Examples
Free Capability Statement
Basic Capability Statement
Needs Statement in DOC
What Is a Mission Statement?
A mission statement is a short statement of an organization’s purpose. It defines the scope of its operations, what it provides, who it provides for, and its geographical region of operation. It defines the goals and values of any individual, company, or group.
Any company who wants to strive in the business world has their own unique mission statements. They use this to guide every employee in their day-to-day work. It is a constant reminder to everyone in the organization to understand their mission and strive to their values.
What Should be Included in a Mission Statement?
A mission statement should identify the values and ambition of the whole organization. It is the same strategy used in recognizing the dilemma in a problem statement.
Here are the two main things you need to include in a mission statement.
- Common Goal. As an organization, you need to establish a common ground. Something that you can want to achieve. You need to set a common goal so everybody has something to hold on to when desperate moments come.
- Core Values. Values is what everyone in the organization needs to lead them toward their common smart goals. It guides an employee’s actions and responsibilities.
Basic Problem Statement
Research Statement Samples
Statement of Research Interest
Free Research Problem Statement
Sworn Statement of Account
Sworn Statement of Assets
Personal Sworn Statement
Scope Statement Examples
Witness Statement Samples
Voluntary Witness Statement
Supporting Statement in DOC
Importance of a Statement
Every statement above has a purpose.
A statement is not exclusively used in business but also for personal growth. A cash flow statement, for example, is relevant in business to show how the money of a particular company goes in and out. It illustrates the expenses and income values.
On the other hand, a values statement or a vision statement guides a person’s life and provides a direction towards success. Success is not limited to finances. It can also mean better understanding of one’s purpose in life. In business, it is essential to establish a statement that would guide the whole organization to that desired path of success.