Checklist examples often serve as an extension of our memory. They remind us of the things we did, and those that we still need to do. Many people believe that using checklists has helped them in accomplishing certain tasks effectively.
130+ Project Templates Word | PSD | InDesign | Illustrator | Publisher | Apple Pages in PDF | Word | Excel | PSD | Google Docs | InDesign | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Publisher | Apple Numbers | Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
A safety checklist, for example, aids the inspector during a safety inspection in remembering the items which need to be checked for its safety. Because checklists serve many different purposes to people, we learned to rely on them even more.
Project Checklist Example
Construction Project Checklist Template
Project Management Checklist Example
Project Planning Checklist Example
Project Checklist Template
Construction Project Checklist
Project Management Checklist
Project Planning Checklist
Project Closure Checklist
Project Initiation Checklist
What Is a Project Checklist?
A project checklist, as its name implies, is a checklist template which aims to help in the accomplishment of a specific project.
A project checklist lists various items or ideas for consideration, including activities involved in the project completion, smart goals and objectives, materials and equipment involved in the project, and other points for consideration relating to the project at hand.
Importance of a Project Checklist
A project checklist in general basically serves to guide the people involved in the project.
With a project checklist, such people will be able to organize the activities and points to be considered in order to make the project a success.
A project checklist will also provide an overview of the whole project process, allowing the project makers to set priorities, anticipate incidences which might affect the project, and predict the total amount of time to complete the project. In completing a project, there are undeniably many things to be considered. Creating a list of such things will keep the project makers on track and will allow them to complete the project as planned.
Project Startup Checklist
Project Audit Checklist
Project Handover Checklist
Sample Evaluation Checklist
Project Content Checklist
How to Create a Project Checklist
Creating a project checklist will depend on the project and the items for consideration for the completion of the project. So here are the basic things one needs to keep in mind when creating a project checklist, in general.
- Write the header. This is where you write the project name. Below will be other project details, such as name of project manager (and team members, if any), etc.
- Include project goals. Project goals can also be included in your checklist, just in case you want to check if you have achieved the goals you have set for your project.
- Decide on the format of your checklist. This article contains checklist examples in word which you can use as reference for your checklist.
- List the things to be considered. Make a list of things you need considered in for your project, either in sentence or phrases, or question form.
- Provide a space for remarks. You might need to write a few remarks while you complete your project so leave a space for those, too.
- Add other points for consideration as needed. If you want to add some instructions or notes, and other additional points you want to consider during your project making, do so.
- Consult your team. If you are a member of a team, do not hesitate to discuss with them the points you want to include for your checklist.
- Improve your checklist over time. Do not hesitate to improve, revise, or polish your checklist as you go.