Missed buying that carton of milk at the grocery store again? It annoys the hell out of some people when they forget things. As brilliant as we may be, there are but a few of us who are graced with photographic memories and more often than not, we tend to forget a few details most specially in buying grocery items.
A simple solution to this situation would be having a printable checklist. Checklist uses are not only limited to grocery items but can also be used in a variety of interesting and helpful ways. Checklist tips can be found in this page for your reference.
Restaurant Receiving Checklist Example
Restaurant Restroom Checklist Example
Restaurant Routine Managerial Duties Checklist Example
Restaurant Storage Checklist Example
Printable Wedding Example
Wedding Photography Checklist
Free Wedding Checklist
Corporate Event Checklist
Pre Event Checklist
Fundraising Event Checklist
Catering Event Checklist
How to Create a New Checklist
Creating a new checklist is an interesting and fun way to help or aid you in remembering goals or action plan that need to be done. Here are a few ways to help you in making a new checklist:
- Ask yourself if you have a clear objective for the checklist
- Find out if an item is affected if a checklist is used
- Ensure that the action plans laid out with particular responses to each item are possible
- Each item is made to be heard aloud as a verbal name
Checklist examples in Excel and printable checklist examples are found in the page. They are available for download by clicking the download button.
House Cleaning Checklist
Bathroom Cleaning Example
Patient Room Cleaning Checklist
Office Cleaning Template
Final Shifting Checklist
Printable Moving Example
Office Move Checklist
Business Travel Checklist
Family Travel Checklist
Tips in Making a Checklist
- Gather information regarding the over all goal of the checklist. This includes any long term goals that need any short term actions to be completed.
- Prepare necessary items needed prior to each task in the checklist
- Write down all things that need to be done. Knowing what needs to be done is a step in essentially achieving each task. Make sure to account for all tasks.
- Arrange the tasks in the order of importance. Prioritizing which task to do first is critical in the flow at which the execution of the tasks progress.
- An alternate way of doing the tasks are doing the unpleasant tasks first to get it out of the way thus the following tasks would seem much easier to achieve.
- Set estimated time limits for completion of each task. Each task takes time and allotting time in relation to the time available in a day helps in setting of goals for a task to be completed.
- It is important to implement the tasks rather than spending more time mulling over or procrastinating. Too much thinking and less doing achieves less or worse nothing.
- Exclude listing routine like taking showers or eating as listing the tasks alone take time.
- Always allot time for emergencies or in case other tasks get completed earlier or later than previously projected time.
Project Checklists are put in place as counter measures and preventive aids helping avoid small but costly mistakes in the operation of a job or assignment. However, it must be also noted that excessive reliance on checklists may give out the opposite desired effect specially in dealing with time constrained circumstances.
Checklist examples in PDF and in Word are found all over the page to serve as your guide to making your own checklist.
Project Startup Checklist
Project Closeout Example
Free Project Checklist
Laboratory Training Template
Printable Training Template Checklist
Blank Student Template Checklist
Blank Cleaning Checklist
Blank Monthly Example Checklist
Blank Daily Checklist
What is the Purpose of a Checklist Template?
A checklist example in word serves mostly as a guide in producing items to be checked or inspected. We humans are no super computers and thus, are prone to making mistakes here and then. It is highly favorable for us in doing our daily jobs, such as preventive maintenance checks to have a checklist to be made use as reference. Through this, we avoid all chances of missing a step in the process.
The cleaning checklist example shows just how many steps are involved or needed to be checked and thus it is vital to have a reference in making such checks to avoid missing out on some of the areas that need to be checked.
The Importance of a Checklist Template
A checklist template is made use for those who are just starting or want to make a new checklist. It serves as a reference for the structure of any checklist and from that any additions can then be added in connection with the items to be checked. The training checklist example shows the ease in which the checklist can be used and how it can be further improved in reference to any new addition to the procedures made by the company for new employees.
New Employee Checklist
Contract Monitoring Example Checklist
Quality Monitoring Checklist
OHS Induction Template Checklist
Student Induction Checklist
Safety Audit Example
Workplace Safety Checklist
Supplier Audit Template
Internal Audit Checklist
Classroom Observation Example
Risk Assessment Checklist
Workplace Risk Assessment
Fire Risk Assessment Checklist
Work Orientation Template
Data Integration Example
New Integration Template
Inclusions to the Checklist
In every checklist, it is important to have all relevant information needed to complete such. Therefore, before creating your checklist in word, make sure you have the following:
- All the relevant information needed for you in conducting checks and ensure that the steps contained in the checklist are able to comply with all the information needed.
- The checklist itself has to be worded in basic and simple language for ease of use by anyone using the list.
- The checklist needs to be able to accomodate action plans needed in rectifying any errors found in the steps and should provide for the responsible persons
- A reasonable amount of time should be considered in completing the checklist. Making it too long to fill up a checklist again produces chances of error
- A checklist should be very readable or large enough to be read easily
- The date of creation or revision should be shown or marked in the checklist
- As much as possible, the checklist should be contained in a single page
- Task systems in a checklist should also accommodate for a regular, weekly, monthly, or annual check
The blank checklist example and audit checklist examples are shown in the page for reference.