There are different ways that a sample chart may be used. Basic charts can provide benefits in terms of presenting comparisons, plans, schedules, assessment results and a lot more. In creating these documents, it is important to always have chart titles to assure that the people who will browse through them will be aware of what these charts present.
Since there are a variety of charts with different functions, it will be easier for you to create the specific chart that you need if you already have a guide. Use our downloadable templates and samples in this post as references in making the format and content layout of the chart that you particularly need.
Free Gantt Chart Example
Interpreting Pie Chart
What Is a Sample Chart?
There are various chart examples that can be used in different purposes. Some of these sample charts include the following:
- An area chart provides comparisons of data within a given time frame. It allocates results based on the linear changes that occurs on the movement of the line used within the chart.
- A bar chart is a sample chart that best shows comparison of different items. This chart showcases linear and rectangular bars in rows that represents the data that they are associated with.
- A column chart is best used when there is a need for an account of a particular entity to be assessed. Column charts used bars in different columns to show differences that occurred through time.
- A line chart provides information arranged in data points or markers which are linked by line segments. This can be used by businesses to assess operational progression, or the lack thereof.
Purpose of Sample Chart
Other than the above mentioned sample charts, there are still other kinds of charts like pie chart, blood chart, comparison charts and the likes. The purpose of the creation of these chart examples in PDF or in any other software are as follows:
- To record gathered data accordingly
- To assess information based on the results of tests and other researches
- To display the comparison of outputs necessary for the processes of development
- To define the success or failure of a procedure by recording improvements through time
Hotel Comparison Chart
Skills Comparison Sample
Quad Chart in Doc
Academic Planning Flow
Process Flow Chart
Response Flow Example
Data Retrieval Chart
Animal Retrieval Chart
Preliminary Retrieval Sample
Tips for Creating Great Charts
Whether you will make a flow chart or a behavior chart, some of the tips that you may follow in creating a good chart include these items:
- Create chart examples in Excel so it will be easier for you to control the equations that you will use to present the data within the chart that you will make.
- It will be best if you will look on other sample chart examples so you can have an idea on how you can showcase the information that you would like to put in a particular chart. This will help you assure that you already have a background on how to use charts and how they can be as effective as possible.
- Always simplify the captions that you will use so they will not take too much space in the chart’s outline. It will be best to use keywords and short sentences as your caption information.
- In selecting the kind of chart to use, it is essential for you to be aware of the data that you will put and the purpose on why the chart has to be created. This way, you will be more keen in deciding the kind of visual aid that you need for the viewers to better understand the content of the chart.
Variable Control Chart
Full Seating Chart
Kids Chore Chart
Summer Chore Chart
Weekly Behavior Example
Behavior Analysis Chart
Off-Task Behavior Sample
Pedigree Analysis Example
Family Pedigree Chart
Benefits of Using a Sample Chart
The benefits of using a sample chart include these items:
- Using a sample chart will make it easier for the audience to grasp the concept of the presentation in a visual manner. Take for an instance the usage of comparison chart examples. The items or data compared to one another will be more understood if the relative differences or comparisons of these details can be evident within the chart where they are represented.
- Using a sample chart in Word can help a person who will present a wide array of information to put together a complex data within a single visual tool. If there are a lot of details that are needed to be explained, the changes that can be seen within a specific chart can already tell the point of the speaker.
- Using organizational chart examples, unlike the charts used for data presentation, is beneficial to the business operations as it can showcase the flow of corporate power within an organizational structure. It also provides a specific layout for the employees to have an easier time in identifying the relation of their functions to those of the other departments or company divisions which affect the entirety of the operations of the company.
Printable Transition Chart
Transition Planning Example
Transition Behavior Chart
Home Star Reward Sample
Medicine Reminder Example
Daily Medication Chart
Mistaken Goal Chart
Patient Chart in Doc
Facilitator Responsibility Example
Events Timeline Sample
Math Timeline Chart
Academy Strategy Example
Web Strategy Chart
The Difference between a Chart and a Graph
A chart and a graph can be used interchangeably. There is not much of a difference between the two as they may overlap in terms of their structure, the way that they are used, and how they are described based on their layout and format. The main difference of a chart and a graph are as follows:
- A chart is a representation of gathered information where the final data is presented through visuals. Chore chart examples, flow chart examples, and behavior chart examples can fully showcase how charts are essential tools in collating data so they can easily be understood by the people.
- On the other hand, a graph is a diagram used in mathematics. Since graphs contain mathematical functions, they also showcase results of data gathering and assessment. More so, they can also be used to identify the differences between figures, numbers, and other items subjected for comparison or interpretation
One thing that can also set a chart and a graph apart from each other is that people are very particular with how these tools look like. There are specific charts like pricing charts and there are also specific graphs that can lead you to the conclusion on which of them is most applicable to use depending on the purpose that you need to achieve.
Whether you will use a chart or a graph, always make sure that you will select the best tool that can showcase the details that you want to either compare or explain to your viewers.