15+ Hourly Schedule Examples & Templates
Keeping a schedule is just like setting and accomplishing a set of goals for each day. Having a schedule can help you to less likely forget the tasks that must be accomplished within a period of time and to less likely to get sidetracked to both internal and external distractions. For busy bees like you, you might constantly face challenges related to productivity on a regular basis, but worry no more for these can be eliminated with the use of a well-planned hourly schedule.
In this article, we have provided more information that surrounds hourly schedules. We have also provided hourly schedule templates and examples that come in different functional designs and are readily available for you to download.
Elements of an Hourly Schedule
Do you want to create an hourly schedule? Learn more about its elements first below:
1. Specific hours: What’s an hourly schedule without listing down the specific hours where you want to complete a particular project or workload? With this element, you can easily divide your daily tasks into manageable hours.
2. Specific tasks: Your hourly schedule must consist of the tasks that you are ought to do for every hour of the day. These tasks must clearly indicate whether it has a high priority or not so you will know what tasks you should assign first during the day.
3. Time frame: If you think you can no longer break down an hour into time frames then that’s where you are mistaken. You can still break down your hour into minutes and this is actually helpful especially if you would like to give yourself a time limit to complete a task so you can still deal with other tasks at hand.
4. Milestones: Even if what you are creating is just an hourly schedule, that does not mean that you will not achieve milestones within an hour. Including your milestones on your hourly schedule can make you inspired and motivated and can also give you the feeling of satisfaction, which drives you to do and accomplish more.
5. Resources: There are certain tasks that entail resources in order to accomplish it effectively. Other than material resources, you may also indicate human resources, especially if what you are dealing with are group projects. In that case, determine who are capable of doing certain tasks that make the entire project completion process faster.
15+ Hourly Schedule Templates and Examples
Hourly Schedule Template
Available File Formats
Payroll Hourly Schedule
Hourly Training Schedule Template
Hourly Shift Schedule
24/7 Shift Schedule Template
Employee Hourly Schedule
Daily Hourly Schedule Template
Blank Hourly Schedule Template
Hourly Appointment Schedule
Hourly Cleaning Schedule
Hourly Calendar Template
Hourly Schedule with Notes
24-Hour Day Planner
Weekly Hourly Planner Template
Nursing Program 7-Day Hourly Schedule
How to Fill Out Your Hourly Schedule
Here is a detailed step-by-step process that can help you in effectively filling out an hourly schedule.
1. Identify your available hours: Before even assigning tasks to the hours within the day, make sure that you have already made yourself available for the various tasks and activities you are ought to do every hour. Make sure that you will not only identify the hours when you will be available for work-related tasks alone but you also have to consider the hours when you can be available to make progress on your personal goals in life.
2. List your tasks for the day: Once you have already figured out your available hours for the day, it is time for you to list down the tasks you have to accomplish within the day. Do not bother with arranging your list according to priority—what’s important for this step is that you know what you should be doing for the day and what you need to accomplish hourly. A daily schedule will be useful.
3. Determine and schedule high-priority tasks and activities: This is the step where you are going to review and sort your list of tasks and activities according to importance. Of course, every single task and activity is important, but what you need to determine are the tasks and activities that are urgent and must be given with high priority and the tasks and activities that you must never avoid or fail to complete. Once you have determined them, you can start plotting them on your hourly schedule. Make sure that you arrange it in order of importance. Perhaps an activity schedule can help you decide, priority-wise.
4. Schedule extra time for extra tasks: Right after scheduling the important tasks for every hour of your day, make sure that you will also give some time where you can cope up for any contingencies and emergencies you need to attend to. You can base it on your experience to determine how much extra time you need to spare for extra tasks.
5. Review and regularly update your hourly schedule: Before following your hourly schedule by heart, make sure to review it first in case you assign the wrong tasks on the wrong hours. Once you have made sure that everything is in its correct place and in order, you can already make use of your hourly schedule. During the duration of your use, make sure that you keep it updated every time there are changes and you also have to updated when you accomplish certain tasks so you will be motivated to complete even more.
Simple Tips to Make the Most Out of Your Hourly Schedule
You can actually do and accomplish a lot of things even within an hour. Here are some simple tips that can help you make the most out of your hourly schedule:
1. Make the most out of your time: Physicist Albert-László Barabási had once said, “Time is our most valuable nonrenewable resource, and if we want to treat it with respect, we need to set priorities.” If you want to ensure that you will be successful at the end of every journey you take, also ensure that you will maximize the leverage you can get with your time. Always put in mind that time wasted is time lost and that if you are going to slack off, you will never get important things done. You might be interested in time management schedules.
2. Know when you are the most productive: You may have hours within the day when you are most effective and productive. Make sure that you are going to assign big tasks during these hours so there will be an assurance that things will easily get done. These “big” tasks will only get more difficult if you will tackle all these during the hours when you feel sluggish, which are the hours right after eating your lunch or the hours when you feel like hurrying things carelessly, which are the hours right before your shift ends.
3. Do not forget to schedule breaks: Sure, you want to be successful and get a lot of things done within a short span of time, but if you will keep on working straight with no breaks, chances are, you will encounter more challenges compared to taking breaks between tasks. Scheduling breaks do not mean that you are giving yourself a reason to slack off, in fact, breaks can help you gain more energy before tackling the rest of the tasks you have scheduled for the rest of the hours of your day.
Hourly Schedule Sizes
There are no specific sizes that should be used when printing an hourly schedule, the sizes that the hourly schedule templates and examples that we have here in this article come in both A4 and US sizes. These sizes can be easily found so you will have no problem in looking for it and you will also have no problem in printing these paper sizes since most printers you can find can print these sizes.
Hourly Schedule FAQs
Here are the answers to the frequently asked questions regarding hourly schedules.
What is an hourly schedule?
From the term itself, an hourly schedule is a type of schedule that makes most out of the hours within the day wherein one can strategically assign tasks for every hour and make it make sure that every tasks and activity will be completed. Through hourly schedules, you can efficiently plan every hour of your day with neatly arranged plans. Take a look at more schedule examples for your reference.
Why is there a need for an hourly schedule?
You might possibly think that having an hourly schedule is too unnecessary since daily schedules, weekly schedules, and monthly schedules already sound sufficient. However, there are certain tasks that should be given with more focus, time, and dedication. There are also tasks in which you will be required to meet the desired number of output within a specific number of hours.
Why use an hourly schedule template?
If this is your first time creating an hourly schedule, consider using a ready-made hourly schedule that can help you get started. With these hourly schedule templates, you will no longer have to spend a lot of time designing and creating an hourly schedule from scratch and you can also immediately organize a sequence of your tasks and activities since the hourly schedule templates that we have here in this article do not anymore need major modifications to suit your preferences.
Having the ability to reach your goals lie in being able to effectively manage your time. By having an hourly schedule, you become more productive and efficient enough to hit your targets, meet all of your goals, and accomplish all of your important tasks. Hopefully, this article will be able to help you make your own hourly schedule.