Have you ever heard of an old saying, “No man is an island”? We probably heard that a million times. That saying is actually true because when we became successful, we usually achieve that because someone has helped us. And our thank-you speech skills could be the best thing we can do in return.
A thank-you speech template is your chance to express how truly and sincerely grateful you are to all the people who helped you along the way. It doesn’t matter how long your thank-you speech is, as long as you speak from the heart and making your thank-you speech a heartfelt and meaningful one.
Short Thank-You Speech
Wedding Thank-You Example
Business Speech Sample
Parts of a Thank-You Speech
Just like any other speeches, a thank-you speech has 3 main part: the introduction speech, the body of your speech, and the conclusion.
- The introduction – In the introduction or opening of your speech, you need to tell everyone the reason why you are giving a thank-you speech. May be you just achieve a new milestone or just want to thank everyone.
- The body – This is where you mention the people that helped you work your way through and the things that they did.
- The conclusion – This is the part where summarize your speech and end it by saying thanks
Our thank-you speech examples in Doc and PDF has all the parts laid out.
What to Include in Writing a Thank-You Speech?
In a thank-you speech, there are three major essentials to include.
- Who are you thanking? Note all the people that helped you achieve a personal or career milestone. It helps to rank them—the most important first.
- What are you thanking them for? Write the things that you are grateful about. It will make your thank-you speech more meaningful and significant.
- How much their gifts, lesson, time, guidance, and encouragement mean to you. Appreciate and praise all the things people gave you that help you become successful.
Want more ideas about thank-you speech templates and examples? Browse our thank-you speech examples in PDF and Word format here.
Teacher Thank-You Example
Formal Thank-You Speech
Award Acceptance Speech
Thank-You Speech for Volunteers
How to Write a Thank-You Speech
The most exhausting part in writing a thank-you speech is that you have to remember the people who helped you along the way. But that shouldn’t stop you from giving them a thank-you. Follow these steps to write a meaningful thank-you speech for them.
- Prepare a thank-you speech outline.
- Make a complete list to all the people you should be thanking and arranged them according to their level of priority.
- Write what are you thanking them for.
- And, state your heartfelt appreciation for their gifts, time, and encouragement.
If you are looking for other kinds of speeches, we have wedding speech examples here as well.
Tips for Writing a Thank-You Speech
Your thank-you speech should be one of the most memorable keynote speeches you ever talk. That’s because it highlights the people and the things they did that means so much to you.
Do you have a thank-you speech coming up soon? Follow these tips and you’ll be fine.
- Always be prepared ahead of time.
- Write as if you are talking to one person only.
- Keep your thank-you speech short and sweet.
- Don’t be too formal. You are not writing a retirement speech. Include some funny events too.
- Practice and rewrite your speech.