Each content of every reports must depend on what is your writing all about. Writing styles may also vary especially on the structure depending on who your target audience or readers will be. Just like in any other reports, business reports follow a specific structure to make the whole output more organized. This type of report is obviously business-related so you have to prepare business-related information that will enable you to engage in a good decision making process. In this article, you will be able to know more about business reports and its characteristics.
5+ Short Business Report Examples
1. Short Business Report Template
2. Sample Short Business Report
3. Short Business Report Example
4. Printable Short Business Report
5. Basic Short Business Report
6. Short Business Report in PDF
What is a Business Report?
A business report is a type of document that collects data for analysis. It will help you make or produce relevant information. Every business report are planned and based on objectives which contributes to the significance of every business purposes. In a broader sense, a business report is like a written statement that consists of facts which are related to business, may it be business-related matters or issues. This enables an individual to make decision in order to gain insights about the issue and to look for a solution that best resolves it.
Characteristics of a Business Report
A good business report must have all the necessary features to provide information based on facts. The following are the characteristics of a good business report:
- It should be easy to understand – A report that is understandable can grab the attention of the readers easily. If there are terms that are unfamiliar, you may elaborate it. The audience itself should also be considered when making this type of report. However, you should be aware that some of the audience has less experience than you so you have to be straightforward and clear.
- It should be correct and facts should be unbiased – a business report should contain information that are considered accurate. You won’t get your desired results if you write incorrect information. The details will be considered invalid if that is the case. This will serve as a great hindrance in achieving your organizational goals.
- It should have a short but clear information – lengthy paragraphs may contains unnecessary information or content. This may lead to the audience or readers to lose their attention and may even think that they are just wasting their time. Only include those details that matters. Those are the relevant information that contributes to the overall quality of your report.
- It should be precise – a good report has a clear understanding of its purpose. This should be good enough to make necessary report analysis and recommendations. A report that is precise may serve as a valuable documents and may be kept for future use.
- It contains necessary facts – a business report should have accurate facts. Facts that are not related to your subject may cause confusion to your readers or audience.
- It should be able to focus on the target audience – the business report should be considered audience-oriented. You should be able to consider them especially on their level of understanding and knowledge.
- It is using only simple language – using simple language is avoiding an instance of having an unclear words. Your aim should not be able to affect the language of your business.
- It should have a correct grammar – always make sure that your report is grammatically correct including the spelling. This may also lead to confusion.
What are the types of business report?
There are five types of business reports namely the frequency-based reports, legal reports, function-based reports, business meeting based reports and the research and analytical reports.
Do business reports require data about your methods and findings?
Yes. These methods and findings present your results to make sure that you have covered all the main points of your report.
What will you put in the appendices of your business report?
You may put some interview report or transcripts if there are any, the raw data, and the material.
Always remember that in making a business report, you should be clear and concise just like in any other reports. It should follow a specific structure wherein you will see the title page, report summary, table of contents, introduction, methods and findings, conclusion and recommendation, text reference and appendices. You should observe the given characteristics and apply it to your report to have a better and well-written output.